Why So Many Linux Applications atr Beta Level???? - Linux

This is a discussion on Why So Many Linux Applications atr Beta Level???? - Linux ; Wine? Slrn? Thousands more on the Ubuntu CD. Why don't Linux applications in general ever rech 1.0 + ??? Chicken **** programmers that's why....

  1. Why So Many Linux Applications atr Beta Level????

    Wine?
    Slrn?

    Thousands more on the Ubuntu CD.

    Why don't Linux applications in general ever rech 1.0 + ???

    Chicken **** programmers that's why.

  2. Re: Why So Many Linux Applications atr Beta Level????

    On 18 nov, 02:35, roy.the.spam.k...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Wine?
    > Slrn?
    >
    > Thousands more on the Ubuntu CD.
    >
    > Why don't Linux applications in general ever rech 1.0 + ???
    >
    > Chicken **** programmers that's why.

    Ah, you must be referring to the Ubuntu software repository which
    contains thousands of applications such as the OpenOffice suite that
    is the open source community´s answer to Microsoft´s Office suite.
    You must be talking about all those applications that cost absolutely
    nothing written by programmers who owe you absolutely nothing.

    Choice 1: Download Gutsy (or another version, or another DLable
    flavor of linux) and install it for a net cost of nothing. APT-GET
    applications limited only by your bandwidth, time, and hardware
    resources all for a net cost of nothing. Report bugs and ask for
    features on the appropriate venues, all for a net cost of nothing and
    if your request is worded in a civil, intelligent manner, one of the
    developers may very well acknowledge your post with some good news
    about an upcoming patch or release.

    Choice 2: Purchase some flavor of Windows spending hundreds of
    dollars for each license. Purchase some commercial applications
    spending anywhere from tens to thousands if not more dollars. Crash
    reporting is free but asking Microsoft for features is historically
    like pissing in the wind (e.g. quota management).

    Both genres of OS have bugs, both genres of developers release patches
    and revisions on a regular basis, and both have advantages and
    disadvantages, but if you have the patience to learn Linux and it
    suits your need then it is clearly the cost effective choice to make.

    Now if only I could convince my inlaws to use Linux ;-)

  3. Re: Why So Many Linux Applications atr Beta Level????

    On 16 nov, 19:59, "HangEveryRepubliKKKan"
    wrote:
    > "The U.S.A. Kicked Your Ass!!!" wrote
    > Ah, you must be referring to the Ubuntu software repository which
    > contains thousands of applications such as the OpenOffice suite that
    > is the open source community´s answer to Microsoft´s Office suite.
    >
    > The last time I used that repository to automatically update the Ubuntu OS
    > components, the machine failed to boot into the new OS revision.

    That is known as an operator error.

    > So it was then ERASED FROM EXISTANCE and XP was installed.

    Which means either you are supporting teh "RepubliKKKan" commercial
    machine or you´re a thief. Neither bodes well for your already
    tarnished moniker.

    > What a joy.

    Alas, rejoice, for you have found something of which few lefties
    lament, bliss within your ignorance.

+ Reply to Thread