Roy Schestowitz Thinks Microsoft Is Out To Get Him. - Linux

This is a discussion on Roy Schestowitz Thinks Microsoft Is Out To Get Him. - Linux ; Get out the *zine medication..... Is this boi starting to unravel? http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Linux_U..._com#c10638335 ""by schestowitz on 11/16/2007 Well, something's fishy at Digg, but I can't put my finger on it. People auto-bury my comments and spread lies about me too (these ...

  1. Roy Schestowitz Thinks Microsoft Is Out To Get Him.

    Get out the *zine medication.....
    Is this boi starting to unravel?

    http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Linux_U..._com#c10638335

    ""by schestowitz on 11/16/2007
    Well, something's fishy at Digg, but I can't put my finger on it.
    People auto-bury my comments and spread lies about me too (these
    people came from other sites and they hate me with passion... I know
    who they are). My stories cease to be Dugg within 1-2 hours after I
    submit them...

    Linux stories barely get promoted anymore...
    Some sites got blacklisted.""

    and..........

    http://digg.com/linux_unix/Is_Micros..._Up_Using_Lies

    NOTE: DO NOT VISIT www.schestowitz.com because you will find your ip
    address being constantly slammed with attacks.
    I found out the hard way.
    It might be that Roy's site is infected somehow and he does not know,
    but it happens none the less.
    Fortunately my provider noticed the problem and 127.0.0.1 the site.

  2. Re: Roy Schestowitz Thinks Microsoft Is Out To Get Him.

    On 2007-11-17, suzie.linux@gmail.com wrote:
    > http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Linux_U..._com#c10638335
    >
    > ""by schestowitz on 11/16/2007
    > Well, something's fishy at Digg, but I can't put my finger on it.
    > People auto-bury my comments and spread lies about me too (these
    > people came from other sites and they hate me with passion... I know
    > who they are). My stories cease to be Dugg within 1-2 hours after I
    > submit them...

    Hypothesis #1: a group of people who hate Roy (and are probably paid by
    Microsoft) have come to Digg to bury his comments and say bad things
    about him.

    Predictions based on that hypothesis: average score on his comments will be
    low. (Check). People will say bad things about him. (Depends on how
    you defined bad--Roy seems to think it is bad when someone points out an
    error of his, but what the hell, let's give him this one. Check). But
    unless such a group was truly vast, it would have no effect on how long
    his stories are dugg. The diggs would not stop after a couple hours, so
    no check on this one. The hypothesis is not consistent with reality.

    Let's try another one.

    Hypothesis #2. The Digg user base does not like people who post
    inaccurate stories that at best consist of unfounded speculation, and at
    worst are outright lies, and whose comments are often spam (same thing
    posted multiple times to multiple threads) and are often off-topic, ,
    and they recognize Roy as a dishonest, biased, hypocritical, jerk, and
    treat his posts accordingly.

    Predictions bases on that hypothesis: low average score on comments
    (check). People will say bad things about him (check). And, after Roy
    finishes digging his own stories using his other identies, and gets a
    few friends to do the same, they will stop being dugg, because they are
    worthless in the eyes of most (check).

    A funny thing happened late last week. For a couple days, all of Roy's
    comments were short, on-topic, and actually contributed to the
    discussion. And guess what? They were not voted down. Roy could learn
    from this, but he won't.

  3. Tim Smith is a Usenet stalker ...

    --

    This forum is not about Linux. It's vicious Microsoft FUD. Don't bother
    posting if you are a Linux person and don't believe a word you read here.

  4. Re: Roy Schestowitz Thinks Microsoft Is Out To Get Him.

    schreef in bericht
    > Get out the *zine medication.....
    > Is this boi starting to unravel?
    >
    > http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Linux_U..._com#c10638335
    >
    > ""by schestowitz on 11/16/2007
    > Well, something's fishy at Digg, but I can't put my finger on it.
    > People auto-bury my comments and spread lies about me too (these
    > people came from other sites and they hate me with passion... I know
    > who they are). My stories cease to be Dugg within 1-2 hours after I
    > submit them...
    >
    > Linux stories barely get promoted anymore...
    > Some sites got blacklisted.""
    >
    > and..........
    >
    > http://digg.com/linux_unix/Is_Micros..._Up_Using_Lies
    >
    > NOTE: DO NOT VISIT www.schestowitz.com because you will find your ip
    > address being constantly slammed with attacks.
    > I found out the hard way.
    > It might be that Roy's site is infected somehow and he does not know,
    > but it happens none the less.
    > Fortunately my provider noticed the problem and 127.0.0.1 the site.

    A 127.0.0.1 blacklist is very appropriate. I'm going to warn the MVP's about
    him, so that *billions* of decent Windows users are safe from this NetLoon.
    Thank you for the warning!

    "How to deal with unwanted spyware and parasites"
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

+ Reply to Thread