[News] FSF Rattles Saber at Free Software Fakers, Moglen Talks About GPLv3 and Innovation - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] FSF Rattles Saber at Free Software Fakers, Moglen Talks About GPLv3 and Innovation - Linux ; FSF Confirms Xming Restrictions Not Allowed ,----[ Quote ] | The Free Software Foundation has confirmed that Xming developer, Colin | Harrison, has overreached his limits by attempting to impose additional | restrictions beyond the requirements of the GNU GPL ...

  1. [News] FSF Rattles Saber at Free Software Fakers, Moglen Talks About GPLv3 and Innovation

    FSF Confirms Xming Restrictions Not Allowed

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Free Software Foundation has confirmed that Xming developer, Colin
    | Harrison, has overreached his limits by attempting to impose additional
    | restrictions beyond the requirements of the GNU GPL and LGPL.
    `----

    http://blue-gnu.biz/content/fsf_conf...ns_not_allowed

    Video of Eben Moglen’s Talk at IBM Research Now Available Online

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I just got a note from Joe Latone of IBM Research that brought the happy news
    | that the video of Eben Moglen’s talk Copyleft Capitalism, GPLv3 and the
    | Future of Software Innovation, given at at IBM Research on October 29, 2007,
    | is now available online
    `----

    http://daveshields.wordpress.com/200...ilable-online/
    http://tinyurl.com/32h7tv

    Related:

    FSF Says GPLv3 Means Microsoft Patent Protection for All

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft's covenant not to sue users of Novell's SUSE Linux
    | Enterprise will be extended to all General Public License v3
    | users as soon as Novell includes GPLv3 code within its Linux
    | distribution, according to the Free Software Foundation.
    `----

    http://www.computerwire.com/industri...5-9939E5829EFC

  2. Re: [News] FSF Rattles Saber at Free Software Fakers, Moglen TalksAbout GPLv3 and Innovation

    Gary.DuFuS.****WAD wrote:

    > Encapsulates ..

    Good evening, my name is Gary and I will be your troll for the evening.
    I shall do so my pissing all over COLA, with the help of my helper
    trolls .. have a nice day ...

  3. Re: [News] FSF Rattles Saber at Free Software Fakers, Moglen Talks About GPLv3 and Innovation

    ____/ Doug Mentohl on Saturday 17 November 2007 11:02 : \____

    > Gary.DuFuS.****WAD wrote:
    >
    >> Encapsulates ..

    > Good evening, my name is Gary and I will be your troll for the evening.
    > I shall do so my pissing all over COLA, with the help of my helper
    > trolls .. have a nice day ...

    Oh, no... don't feed it. I thought it had already left.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: 85% of plant life in in the oceans

  4. Re: [News] FSF Rattles Saber at Free Software Fakers, Moglen Talks About GPLv3 and Innovation

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > FSF Says GPLv3 Means Microsoft Patent Protection for All
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Microsoft's covenant not to sue users of Novell's SUSE Linux
    > | Enterprise will be extended to all General Public License v3
    > | users as soon as Novell includes GPLv3 code within its Linux
    > | distribution, according to the Free Software Foundation.
    > `----

    http://www.computerwire.com/industri...5-9939E5829EFC

    Does anyone know if the current microsoft coupon issued with a current
    purchase of SUSE linux is the sameone they were issuing in the begining? It
    would make (the coupon) a nice piece to hang on my office wall.

    Cheers.

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  5. Re: [News] FSF Rattles Saber at Free Software Fakers, Moglen Talks About GPLv3 and Innovation

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    "Rattles Saber" - Just like linux... all bark and no bite.

  6. Re: [News] FSF Rattles Saber at Free Software Fakers, Moglen Talks About GPLv3 and Innovation

    * Nicolas Travenko fired off this tart reply:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >
    > "Rattles Saber" - Just like linux... all bark and no bite.

    Reminds me of Microsoft and their "Linux patents", and "I'll ****ing
    kill Google, I've done it before and I'll do it again!"

    --
    Tux rox!

+ Reply to Thread