StartX (KDE) on another PC - Linux

This is a discussion on StartX (KDE) on another PC - Linux ; Sorry...kind of new to Linux here. I want to know if it is possible to display X/KDE preferrably to another PC? For example, I want my machine to be available to another machine on the network. I want o log ...

  1. StartX (KDE) on another PC

    Sorry...kind of new to Linux here.

    I want to know if it is possible to display X/KDE preferrably to another PC?

    For example, I want my machine to be available to another machine on the
    network. I want o log into KDE from another machine - but to my machine -
    kind of like a Terminal session but with KDE.

    Is this possible, if so, HOW?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: StartX (KDE) on another PC

    JJ wrote:

    > For example, I want my machine to be available to another machine on the
    > network. I want o log into KDE from another machine - but to my machine -
    > kind of like a Terminal session but with KDE.

    Yes it is. Make sure kdm is listening to XDCMP requests, start an X server
    on the other machine and do a remote login.

    --
    Ruurd
    ..o.

+ Reply to Thread