Microsoft pops up at the SCO bankruptcy trial .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft pops up at the SCO bankruptcy trial .. - Linux ; "I guess filing as MSLI instead of Microsoft Licensing is like putting on sunglasses, hoping no one will notice you" http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...71115212848719 It's odd that people would come forward and offer to buy up their 'Unix' business and offer to further ...

  1. Microsoft pops up at the SCO bankruptcy trial ..

    "I guess filing as MSLI instead of Microsoft Licensing is like putting
    on sunglasses, hoping no one will notice you"

    It's odd that people would come forward and offer to buy up their
    'Unix' business and offer to further finance their Linix litigation
    case especially as the recent ruling has mostly voided SCOs case that
    they own Linux.

  2. Re: Microsoft pops up at the SCO bankruptcy trial ..

    Linonut wrote:
    > Which ultimately died down to a ripple, and, get this (I'm just guessing
    > here) drove more Linux users underground so that it helped make it
    > appear as if Linux "share" were falling.

    This might ultimately work to Linux's advantage. An underground
    movement is harder to combat. I find more an more clients that
    download their own ISOs and install on their own whitebox servers.
    An entire generation of new Linux users are learning that they
    way to obtain software is to download it from a repository, not
    buy a shrinkwrapped box from a retailer. The browser stats at my
    ISP clients show a steady increase in Linux, even as trolls on
    this forum try to claim it is dying.

    And now Walmart and Best Buy have joined Dell in offering Linux
    desktop systems. Obviously they see something happening in the
    market and responding to it. It is clear the 'market share'
    studies are showing the whole story. Really, with a free, open
    source OS, how could they.

    Thad

+ Reply to Thread