Can Linux or XSane scan to PDF - Linux

This is a discussion on Can Linux or XSane scan to PDF - Linux ; I am getting a HP C7280 printer / scanner than can interface with XSane via the HP Linux drivers (any experiences with this?) and would be nice to scan to PDF. Can XSane or other script allow scanning to PDF ...

  1. Can Linux or XSane scan to PDF

    I am getting a HP C7280 printer / scanner than can interface with XSane
    via the HP Linux drivers (any experiences with this?) and would be nice
    to scan to PDF.

    Can XSane or other script allow scanning to PDF if the scanner will only
    output JPEG?

  2. Re: Can Linux or XSane scan to PDF

    On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:59:43 +0000, Demosthenes wrote:

    > I am getting a HP C7280 printer / scanner than can interface with XSane
    > via the HP Linux drivers (any experiences with this?) and would be nice
    > to scan to PDF.
    >
    > Can XSane or other script allow scanning to PDF if the scanner will only
    > output JPEG?

    In 7.10 Ubuntu yes. I don't remember seeing it in my 6.06.1 install, but
    I did very little with that so I might have missed it. Actually, I just
    got the scanner working in 7.10 (for my scanner you have to steal the
    driver from winxp and edit the gt68xx.conf file) and answering this post
    is the first time I've launched it.
    Dave Cohen

  3. Re: Can Linux or XSane scan to PDF

    On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 19:53:58 +0000, Dave Cohen wrote:

    > On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:59:43 +0000, Demosthenes wrote:
    >
    >> I am getting a HP C7280 printer / scanner than can interface with XSane
    >> via the HP Linux drivers (any experiences with this?) and would be nice
    >> to scan to PDF.
    >>
    >> Can XSane or other script allow scanning to PDF if the scanner will
    >> only output JPEG?

    > In 7.10 Ubuntu yes. I don't remember seeing it in my 6.06.1 install, but
    > I did very little with that so I might have missed it. Actually, I just
    > got the scanner working in 7.10 (for my scanner you have to steal the
    > driver from winxp and edit the gt68xx.conf file) and answering this post
    > is the first time I've launched it.
    > Dave Cohen

    I can confirm that I have successfully scanned to PDF using XSANE's
    'multipage' feature and save to PDF, however for duplex scans using the
    Auto Document Feeder I suppose I will need to manually rearrange the page
    order, can anyone think of an automated way to do this? Then I can scan
    one batch on side and feed the pages through the ADF for the other side
    and then merge them so they are output to PDF in the right order.

+ Reply to Thread