Serious ATI bug makes Vista virtually unusable for some

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the past few weeks I’ve been working on trying to isolate a problem
| between Windows Vista and ATI graphics cards where the display driver stops
| responding and sometimes recovers and sometimes doesn’t.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=933

ATI performance may be better in Linux than in Vista (open source drivers
aside). No wonder support for Linux among game makers is increasing.

Computer role-playing games for GNU/Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Of all the various types of computers games out there, my favorite is the
| computer role-playing game, or CRPG for short. Almost everyone has heard of
| classic CRPGs like Ultima, Baldur’s Gate, and Fall Out, but what about free
| software CRPGs? In this article, I take a peek at what’s out there.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/...ames_gnu_linux

Recent:

ATI: Linux vs. Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Wow! We were completely blown away when our final results came in and the
| Linux 8.42.3 driver had outperformed Windows Vista with Catalyst 7.10 in
| Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. It wasn't just a neck-and-neck race but Linux
| was about 10 frames per second faster when running at 1280 x 1024 and 1680 x
| 1050. * *
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=897&num=3

SL Speed Showdown: Linux Tops Windoze

,----[ Quote ]
| This was not a scientific study - only a small test which confirmed what I
| thought I had "felt" already while using Second Life on my new PC.
`----

http://www.secondlifeherald.com/slh/...ed-showdo.html

[Microsoft MVP] Foray into Feisty Fawn helped me take back my MIPS

,----[ Quote ]
| Long story short - World of Warcraft runs faster under Ubuntu/Wine than
| natively under Windows XP Professional.
`----

http://msmvps.com/blogs/plenderj/arc...k-my-mips.aspx

Does WINE + Linux support more Windows apps than Vista?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://jagtalon.wordpress.com/2007/0...ps-than-vista/