A first look at the Firefox 3 visual refresh for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| After the decision was widely criticized by Linux enthusiasts, Mozilla
| reversed its position and decided to revisit Linux theming. Work on the new
| Linux theme has progressed rapidly in the past month, and the earliest pieces
| are now included in the latest Firefox 3 nightly build. We took a good long
| look at the new theme—called Gnomestripe—and we like what we see.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linu...resh-for-linux
http://tinyurl.com/ywu5xl

Berners-Lee warns of 'walled gardens' for mobile Internet

,----[ Quote ]
| On the opening day of Mobile Internet World in Boston, the man credited with
| inventing the World Wide Web told a packed hall that the mobile Internet
| needs to be fully and completely the Internet, nothing more and nothing less.
| It needs to be free of central control, universal, and embodied in open
| standards.
`----

Microsoft is poised to ruin for Web for everybody (because MSFT shareholders
don't care about the consumer).

Related:

Update on the Firefox 3 Linux Theme

,----[ Quote ]
| Work on the new linux theme for Firefox 3 is progressing nicely due to a very
| active group of contributers. To match the operating system’s theme,
| Firefox’s navigation toolbar will use native GTK icons. *
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/faaborg/2007...3-linux-theme/

“Beautiful” tab switching for Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Performance-wise, CPU usage spiked from 2-3% to 45-50% during high speed tab
| switching (that is, I kept Ctrl + Tab pressed for a while), but immediately
| went back to previous cool 2-3% usage.
|
| Firefox 3 Beta 1 is expected within the next couple of weeks.
`----

http://cybercapital.org/index.php/20...for-firefox-3/

Firefox 3: Preview of the User Interface

http://www.techdo.com/?p=94

ECIS Accuses Microsoft of Plotting HTML Hijack

,----[ Quote ]
| An industry coalition that has represented competitors of Microsoft
| in European markets before the European Commission stepped up its
| public relations offensive this morning, this time accusing
| Microsoft of scheming to upset HTML's place in the fabric of
| the Internet with XAML, an XML-based layout lexicon forn
| etwork applications.
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/ECIS...ack/1169824569

Microsoft's 'Everywhere' excludes Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| This browser add-on enables rendering of WPF content, but
| "Everywhere" doesn't include Linux.
`----

Microsoft's Silverlight Biased and Doomed

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?op...545&Itemid=449