[News] Ubuntu Linux Installations and Adopters Escape Windows (Not Linux 'Cannibalism') - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Ubuntu Linux Installations and Adopters Escape Windows (Not Linux 'Cannibalism') - Linux ; Windows Users download Ubuntu ,----[ Quote ] | Today I was downloading Ubuntu 7.10 desktop i386 iso and came across an | interesting fact. | I was using kTorrent and was delighted to see more than 1400 seeders and | ...

  1. [News] Ubuntu Linux Installations and Adopters Escape Windows (Not Linux 'Cannibalism')

    Windows Users download Ubuntu

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Today I was downloading Ubuntu 7.10 desktop i386 iso and came across an
    | interesting fact.
    | I was using kTorrent and was delighted to see more than 1400 seeders and
    | around 150 leechers.
    | There were seeders from many countries prominent among them being
    |
    | 1. U.S
    | 2. U.K
    | 3. Germany
    | 4. Italy
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Now utorrent is a Windows only client, this makes this observation very
    | interesting. Imagine, the maximum number of Ubuntu peers are actually using
    | some version of Windows . This indicates the growing awareness of Ubuntu
    | among Windows users.
    `----

    http://abhay-techzone.blogspot.com/2...ad-ubuntu.html

    Related:

    Linux Users Base More Than doubled Over Last One Year: Survey

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The number of Linux users has more than doubled over the last one year, says
    | a new survey by DesktopLinux.com. The survey also said Ubuntu remains their
    | Linux distribution of choice.
    `----

    http://www.sda-india.com/sda_india/p...19940,p,0.html

    Survey: Desktop Linux use grows

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | DesktopLinux.com, which is a Web site devoted to, obviously, desktop Linux,
    | has finished a survey that found more than a doubling of Linux desktop users
    | in the past year.
    `----

    http://weblog.infoworld.com/techwatc...es/013576.html

  2. Re: [News] Ubuntu Linux Installations and Adopters Escape Windows(Not Linux 'Cannibalism')

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > Windows Users download Ubuntu
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Today I was downloading Ubuntu 7.10 desktop i386 iso and came across an
    > | interesting fact.
    > | I was using kTorrent and was delighted to see more than 1400 seeders and
    > | around 150 leechers.
    > | There were seeders from many countries prominent among them being
    > |
    > | 1. U.S
    > | 2. U.K
    > | 3. Germany
    > | 4. Italy
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | Now utorrent is a Windows only client, this makes this observation very
    > | interesting. Imagine, the maximum number of Ubuntu peers are actually using
    > | some version of Windows . This indicates the growing awareness of Ubuntu
    > | among Windows users.
    > `----
    >
    > http://abhay-techzone.blogspot.com/2...ad-ubuntu.html
    >

    > Related:
    >
    > Linux Users Base More Than doubled Over Last One Year: Survey
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | The number of Linux users has more than doubled over the last one year, says
    > | a new survey by DesktopLinux.com. The survey also said Ubuntu remains their
    > | Linux distribution of choice.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.sda-india.com/sda_india/p...19940,p,0.html
    >

    > Survey: Desktop Linux use grows
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | DesktopLinux.com, which is a Web site devoted to, obviously, desktop Linux,
    > | has finished a survey that found more than a doubling of Linux desktop users
    > | in the past year.
    > `----
    >
    > http://weblog.infoworld.com/techwatc...es/013576.html

    This is very good news. The windows users are helping to distribute
    linux :-) We should try and get an idea of what percentage of winodws
    torrent users use utorrent, and then perhaps estimate the number of
    windows clients.

+ Reply to Thread