A developer's perspective on Google's Android SDK

,----[ Quote ]
| This in-depth, hands-on article introduces Android, Google's Linux/Java
| mobile phone SDK (software development kit). After a tour of Android's tools,
| documentation, and code samples, it suggests a path for further exploration
| and concludes with a simple applet showing the power and simplicity of the
| Android environment.

ZipIt Z2 Wireless Messenger passes FCC

,----[ Quote ]
| The ZipIt Wireless Messenger passed the FCC today.
| [...]
| This time it sports A color screen, and still runs Linux. So let the hacking
| begin, available soon for about $150.

Zipit gets Linux, gets on the web, teenagers around the globe
scream with glee

,----[ Quote ]
| Zipit, the WiFi Instant Messenger that lets kids IM and um, IM,
| has been stuffed with Pixil, a PDA Linux OS.

Emulate Google’s Android Mobile Stack in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| To try out the Android emulator, download and unzip the Linux SDK package.
| The emulator executable is located in the tools subdirectory.

Google spending hundreds of millions on mobile

,----[ Quote ]
| Anian, a Reuters company that tracks industry trends for institutional
| investors, reported last month that Google had engaged Taiwan's High Tech
| Computer Corpto design a Linux
| software-based phone for launch in the first quarter of 2008.

Linux Sees 'Astronomic' Growth in Mobile Devices

,----[ Quote ]
| "We were very aware that the growth in mobile for Linux was huge, but we
| didn't know it was so astronomic," Amanda McPherson, marketing director for
| the Linux Foundation, told LinuxInsider. "These are very encouraging
| numbers." Why Linux has drawn significant support from the community of
| handset manufacturers can be explained on several fronts, McPherson said.

Google Android dev kit exposes Apple-inspired roots

,----[ Quote ]