Ubuntu scores first major pre-installed server win

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu is extremely popular on the desktop, but it's made comparatively
| little progress on servers. That's about to change. Dell is expected to
| announce in the first quarter of 2008 that it has certified Ubuntu Linux for
| its server lines.
`----

Another win for Ubuntu... journalist moves to Ubuntu and raves about it using
many articles with wide reach.

Ubuntu: first stop on the road to Damascus

,----[ Quote ]
| That day will also be significant to me from now on for it was on Tuesday,
| November 6, that I helped to set the editor of iTWire, Stan Beer, on the
| Linux road.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15357/1090/

Related and recent:

Linux on half of all new servers? Red Hat's got plans

,----[ Quote ]
| The Amazon partnership is part of Red Hat's Linux Automation initiative to
| make it easier for companies to deploy Linux applications. With it, Red Hat
| will have its version of Linux powering over half of the world's new servers
| by 2015 while doubling its current market share, says Scott Crenshaw, Red
| Hat's VP of enterprise Linux business. Â* Â*
`----

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/NewsSt...px?story=64797

Red Hat Pits Itself Against VMware

,----[ Quote ]