University of Manchester Letter for application to the PHD Program.(Roy Schestowitz's College) - Linux

This is a discussion on University of Manchester Letter for application to the PHD Program.(Roy Schestowitz's College) - Linux ; Dear University of Manchester Admissions Department, I am considering applying to your PHD program because I have been told that it is one of the easiest in the Kingdom to complete successfully. Since I am interested in remaining safely hidden ...

  1. University of Manchester Letter for application to the PHD Program.(Roy Schestowitz's College)

    Dear University of Manchester Admissions Department,

    I am considering applying to your PHD program because I have been told
    that it is one of the easiest in the Kingdom to complete successfully.
    Since I am interested in remaining safely hidden behind the walls of
    academia, I would like to apply to your school.

    I see you have a student who calls himself Roy Schestowitz.
    Schestowitz is a legend in his own mind in comp.os.linux.advocacy.
    He spends 24 hours/day and 7 days a week posting to
    comp.os.linux.advocacy and digg along with several other sites that he
    maintains.
    While I do not know Roy personally, I admire him.

    He is like the ultimate Amway person.
    He sticks like glue to his computer and does not let something minor
    like studies get in the way.
    I want to be just like Roy because if he can spend all this time
    posting messages to blogs, your PHD program must be very easy to
    complete.

    Please consider me for your program.

    Ali Babba Singh

    CC: Sent to Admissions department of University of Manchester.

  2. Re: University of Manchester Letter for application to the PHDProgram. (Roy Schestowitz's College)

    On Nov 16, 12:03 pm, ali.babba.si...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Dear University of Manchester Admissions Department,
    >
    > I am considering applying to your PHD program because I have been told
    > that it is one of the easiest in the Kingdom to complete successfully.
    > Since I am interested in remaining safely hidden behind the walls of
    > academia, I would like to apply to your school.
    >
    > I see you have a student who calls himself Roy Schestowitz.
    > Schestowitz is a legend in his own mind in comp.os.linux.advocacy.
    > He spends 24 hours/day and 7 days a week posting to
    > comp.os.linux.advocacy and digg along with several other sites that he
    > maintains.
    > While I do not know Roy personally, I admire him.
    >
    > He is like the ultimate Amway person.
    > He sticks like glue to his computer and does not let something minor
    > like studies get in the way.
    > I want to be just like Roy because if he can spend all this time
    > posting messages to blogs, your PHD program must be very easy to
    > complete.
    >
    > Please consider me for your program.
    >
    > Ali Babba Singh
    >
    > CC: Sent to Admissions department of University of Manchester.

  3. Re: University of Manchester Letter for application to the PHDProgram. (Roy Schestowitz's College)

    On Nov 16, 12:03 pm, ali.babba.si...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Dear University of Manchester Admissions Department,
    >
    > I am considering applying to your PHD program because I have been told
    > that it is one of the easiest in the Kingdom to complete successfully.
    > Since I am interested in remaining safely hidden behind the walls of
    > academia, I would like to apply to your school.

    Oops, my finger was too itchy.

    I doubt that this outfit is interested in admitting typical Windows
    user small fry.

    Considering that Rutherford taught there for a while and one of his
    students (Ernest Marsden, later an emminent scientist in New Zealand)
    detected Alpha radiation for the first time at Manchester.

    They were AFAIK one of the pre-eminent places for computer science,
    including early work on computer security - to stop students hacking
    the mainframe from dumb terminals.

+ Reply to Thread