[News] [Rival] CompTIA Filth (Aggressive Microsoft Lobbyist) Pushing for Lockin, by Proxy - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] CompTIA Filth (Aggressive Microsoft Lobbyist) Pushing for Lockin, by Proxy - Linux ; Industry body to push OOXML in Philippines ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft and industry body Computing Technology Industry Association | (CompTIA) have teamed up to drive the adoption of Office Open XML in the | Philippines. `---- http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/softwa...2034394,00.htm Recent: Bill ...

  1. [News] [Rival] CompTIA Filth (Aggressive Microsoft Lobbyist) Pushing for Lockin, by Proxy

    `----

    http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/softwa...2034394,00.htm

    Recent:

    Bill Gates, Steve Jobs Top CompTIA Poll on Most Influential IT Industry
    Personalities of the Past 25 Years

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The co-founders of two of the world's most successful, recognizable and
    | innovative information technology (IT) companies are the industry's most
    | influential personalities of the past 25 years, according to a poll by the
    | Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA). ┬*
    `----

    http://www.pr-inside.com/bill-gates-...ia-r288815.htm

    Many examples of CompTIA shilling for the monopolist here:
    http://boycottnovell.com/2007/08/01/...crosoft-shill/

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] CompTIA Filth (Aggressive Microsoft Lobbyist)Pushing for Lockin, by Proxy

    On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 20:58:56 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Industry body to push OOXML in Philippines
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Microsoft and industry body Computing Technology Industry Association
    > | (CompTIA) have teamed up to drive the adoption of Office Open XML in
    > the | Philippines.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/softwa...2034394,00.htm

    "According to Dave Walsh, Microsoft's senior standard program manager, the
    Philippines was one of the countries which voted "no" on the use of OOXML.

    "The country voted 'no' with clarifications. This means the panel voting
    on the standard still needs more information about Open XML," Walsh said
    at the briefing last week. "

    Yes, and I wonder what form these "clarifications" may take. Nigeria is
    the most likely precedent.

    Note the subtle difference between the following statements:

    "Microsoft and supporters of OOXML say the technology will make it easier
    for users to create and share documents, regardless of the platform or
    application. Other major vendors supporting the document standard include
    Hewlett-Packard, EMC, Intel and Apple, among others, according to
    Microsoft."

    "Most OOXML detractors support the Open Document Format (ODF), which is
    itself already ISO-certified. Countries that have stepped up in support of
    the ODF include Malaysia, Japan and more recently, South Africa."

    The key phrase is "among others", present for the OOXML camp, but not for
    the ODF group. This provides a nice cue to assume "many more" for the
    former, and "only three" for the latter. The subconscious hint in this
    case can overwhelm the conscious mind.

    Have a nice day.

    --
    ´╗┐This message is brought to you by your Department of Redundancy Department.

+ Reply to Thread