FIS Profile for linux - Linux

This is a discussion on FIS Profile for linux - Linux ; Red Hat, Intel and Fidelity National Information Services (FIS)bring "FIS Profile" for financial services. One single Quad-Core Xeon running under Red Hat linux can manage 25 million accounts See, DumbFull****, another "unwashed geeks hobby project" in the making -- "Outside ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: FIS Profile for linux

  1. FIS Profile for linux



    Red Hat, Intel and Fidelity National Information Services (FIS)bring "FIS
    Profile" for financial services.
    One single Quad-Core Xeon running under Red Hat linux can manage 25 million
    accounts

    See, DumbFull****, another "unwashed geeks hobby project" in the making
    --
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend: and inside a dog,
    it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx


  2. Re: FIS Profile for linux

    Micoshaft Asstroturfer HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote on behalf of big
    corporation:

    >
    > "Peter Köhlmann" wrote
    >> One single Quad-Core Xeon running under Red Hat linux can manage 25
    >> million
    >> accounts

    >
    > And so can any other OS.


    Micoshaft windummy OS you are asstroturfing for can't

    > Your point?


    That you are a liar?

    Only Linux can handle 25 million accounts and not be afraid of memory leaks
    and applications crashing left right and center.


  3. Re: FIS Profile for linux

    7 schreef:
    > Micoshaft Asstroturfer HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote on behalf of big
    > corporation:


    [snip]

    We've been trough this lately, haven't we?

    Quit feeding the trolls.

    I know it' s hart, I've been there too, but it doesn't help. Trolls will
    be trolls and there' s nothing you can do about it, but ignoring them.
    As long as we feed them, they'll be coming back for more.

    Mark, [H]omer and Roy already take care of the ****wits, we don't have
    to (which is the same mistake I made). So simply drawn the ****wits in
    your plonk bucket and be happy ;-)

    GNU/Linux Rocks!

    Cheers!

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  4. Re: FIS Profile for linux

    7 wrote:

    > Only Linux can handle 25 million accounts and not be afraid of memory
    > leaks and applications crashing left right and center.


    It's one delusional post after another, for years, and you never even try to
    support your wild-ass claims. You just run away and come back another day,
    spewing more junk.

    I'm still waiting for you to prove Linux is 50x faster than Windows, as you
    claimed.



  5. Re: FIS Profile for linux

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >

    <http://www.fidelityinfoservices.com/...F-4CDA-80E0-A4
    F8BD8E12FD/0/B072_FISPROFILE.PDF>
    >
    > Red Hat, Intel and Fidelity National Information Services (FIS)bring
    > "FIS Profile" for financial services.
    > One single Quad-Core Xeon running under Red Hat linux can manage 25
    > million accounts
    >
    > See, DumbFull****, another "unwashed geeks hobby project" in the
    > making


    You trying to say it's an open source project, dumbkopf? It's not. It
    always has been and always will be a proprietary system. Except for a tiny
    few insanos, real developers don't build and give away good software for
    free.

    So it can be deployed on Linux? So what? It's been running for years on
    Unix only.





  6. Re: FIS Profile for linux

    ml2mst wrote:
    > 7 schreef:
    >> Micoshaft Asstroturfer HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote on behalf of big
    >> corporation:

    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > We've been trough this lately, haven't we?
    >
    > Quit feeding the trolls.


    Why don't you guys piss off with this lame "don't feed the trolls" drool?
    It doesn't work at all, because you (meaning "advocates" in general) don't
    offer the intellectual spirit or entertainment value or energy to replace us
    (I'm not a troll but I know you group me in there).

    If you remember, Linus Torvalds believes [paraphrased] your value/income is
    directly tied to how many people you entertain.



    > I know it' s hart, I've been there too, but it doesn't help. Trolls
    > will be trolls and there' s nothing you can do about it, but ignoring
    > them.


    Only weak-minded cola nuts (Roy [H]omer Kent in particular) use the
    killfile - because they don't want to be forced to answer the sordid truth
    about Linux/OSS.



    > As long as we feed them, they'll be coming back for more.


    But 7 really IS a troll. One of the worst ones on cola, in fact. Makes
    brief appearances, posts totally nonsensical but attention-getting
    statements, then runs away.




  7. Re: FIS Profile for linux

    HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:
    > "DFS" wrote
    >> If you remember, Linus Torvalds believes [paraphrased] your
    >> value/income is
    >> directly tied to how many people you entertain.

    >
    > Wow, then Marry Carry and Paris Hilton must be very valuable.


    Mariah Carey?

    Yes, both have high incomes.



  8. Re: FIS Profile for linux

    On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 22:43:57 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >>

    > <http://www.fidelityinfoservices.com/...F-4CDA-80E0-A4
    > F8BD8E12FD/0/B072_FISPROFILE.PDF>
    >>
    >> Red Hat, Intel and Fidelity National Information Services (FIS)bring
    >> "FIS Profile" for financial services.
    >> One single Quad-Core Xeon running under Red Hat linux can manage 25
    >> million accounts
    >>
    >> See, DumbFull****, another "unwashed geeks hobby project" in the
    >> making

    >
    > You trying to say it's an open source project, dumbkopf? It's not. It
    > always has been and always will be a proprietary system. Except for a tiny
    > few insanos, real developers don't build and give away good software for
    > free.


    So, you're saying the many, many, many FOSS developers out there are
    'pretend' developers, then, are you? What an idiot.

    --
    Kier



  9. Re: FIS Profile for linux

    Kier wrote:
    > On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 22:43:57 -0500, DFS wrote:



    >> Except for a tiny few insanos, real developers don't
    >> build and give away good software for free.

    >
    > So, you're saying the many, many, many FOSS developers out there are
    > 'pretend' developers, then, are you?


    Exactly. Look at their results: Gambas, Scribus, gnucash, etc.


    > What an idiot.


    What a cheapass.

    In exchange for no cost, Linux has lowered your standards so you accept slow
    crud as normal.



  10. Re: FIS Profile for linux

    On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:43:44 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Kier wrote:
    >> On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 22:43:57 -0500, DFS wrote:

    >
    >
    >>> Except for a tiny few insanos, real developers don't
    >>> build and give away good software for free.

    >>
    >> So, you're saying the many, many, many FOSS developers out there are
    >> 'pretend' developers, then, are you?

    >
    > Exactly. Look at their results: Gambas, Scribus, gnucash, etc.


    Wrong.

    >
    >
    >> What an idiot.

    >
    > What a cheapass.


    Wrong.

    >
    > In exchange for no cost, Linux has lowered your standards so you accept slow
    > crud as normal.


    Wrong.

    --
    Kier


  11. Re: FIS Profile for linux

    * DFS fired off this tart reply:
    >
    > You trying to say it's an open source project, dumbkopf? It's not. It
    > always has been and always will be a proprietary system. Except for a tiny
    > few insanos, real developers don't build and give away good software for
    > free.


    You mean like IBM, HP, Red Hat, NASA, the Apache Foundation, Collabnet,
    Novell, Linksys/Cisco, hell, even Apple and Google.

    In fact, even Microsoft gives good software away for free (just not the
    source).

    --
    Tux rox!

+ Reply to Thread