Open source may be the winner in the consumerization of IT

,----[ Quote ]
| One thing is clear: the old world of bloated enterprise applications is
| changing. Perhaps the shift away from enterprise software has more to do
| enterprise software companies wasting the time, attention, and intelligence
| of enterprise IT departments with bloated, expensive, and poorly written
| software. Enterprise software does not need to be as bad as it is. It can be
| more like Google. Like Flickr. Like anything except what it is.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9...bj=TheOpenRoad

Day Software Ushers Open Source Devs into the Fold

,----[ Quote ]
| Global CMS and content infrastructure purveyor Day has added a handful of
| major contributors, from the annals of open source, to its senior developer
| team.
`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/enterpris...old-001976.php

Related:

Microsoft to partners: It's time to change

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6195764.html

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has warned Google to steer clear of corporate search,
| declaring that the market is "our house"....
|
| "Those people are not going to be allowed to take food off our plate,
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| because that is what they are intending to do."
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/21...oogle-business

Microsoft ties Windows Live services to OS in updates

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is tying its Windows Live services directly to its Windows OS.
`----

http://www.itworld.com/Comp/2218/070...vcs/index.html

Old:

Ozzie: Vista, Office must adapt to Web era

,----[ Quote ]
| Ozzie said that the transition to integrate online services into Microsoft
| products has been a challenge but that changes within the company are
| happening.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6133895.html

Will Web 2.0 ultimately kill Windows?