FC2 versus FC3 -- my own experiences - Linux

This is a discussion on FC2 versus FC3 -- my own experiences - Linux ; JDS kirjoitti: > First of all, I'm not a troll. I'm a longtime Linux user and advocate. > So please don't take my negativity on FC3 as trolling... But you are a troll... And if you don't like Fedora Core ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: FC2 versus FC3 -- my own experiences

    JDS kirjoitti:
    > First of all, I'm not a troll. I'm a longtime Linux user and advocate.
    > So please don't take my negativity on FC3 as trolling...

    But you are a troll...

    And if you don't like Fedora Core 3 then it's your problem not yours,
    you can tell the problems in Bugizillas if you want to help fedora
    people to fix their product in next version.

    And oh, if you think that fc3 is bad and unstable then why my firefox
    and thunderbird are working exelent there. they haven't crashed at this
    point after I installed in couple months ago.

    Change the distripution if you think you need better. I am running
    Gentoo and Fedora both in my computer...

    Considering your problems I have to admit that there is one really nasty
    bug I'd like to be examined(firefox plus gtk in fedora), but I cannot
    get a data out of it with dbg... I can browse web normaly, but sometimes
    it makes all the text real messy... But I don't have any of the
    bugs/problems you descripted in you message.

    And about SuSe. well, I can tell you that you can be sure that with it
    you will have problems like it won't autoadjust your display's Hz amont
    to be correct, it cannot update itself correctly, you cannot install
    nvidia drivers without using Yast, so that they work allright. And you
    cannot install much about anything without using Yast. And Yast is a
    broken, slow and ugly tool from my point of view.

    oh, now I have become troll too.

    Install Slackware or gentoo and take it easy..

    -Antti-

  2. Re: FC2 versus FC3 -- my own experiences

    >>RHL8 -- not great.
    >>RHL9 -- excellent.
    >>FC1 -- not great.
    >>FC2 -- excellent.
    >>FC3 -- sucktastic
    >>
    >>That's all IMO, of course.

    Well, I think that Fedora Core1 was exelent. And Second version wasn't
    that great but ok and FC3 has some minor problems, but not anything
    serious... RHL9 was the best release I think... RHL7.2 was great too..

    -Antti-

  3. Re: FC2 versus FC3 -- my own experiences

    Antti Aspinen wrote:
    >>> RHL8 -- not great.
    >>> RHL9 -- excellent.
    >>> FC1 -- not great.
    >>> FC2 -- excellent.
    >>> FC3 -- sucktastic
    >>>
    >>> That's all IMO, of course.

    > Well, I think that Fedora Core1 was exelent. And Second version wasn't
    > that great but ok and FC3 has some minor problems, but not anything
    > serious... RHL9 was the best release I think... RHL7.2 was great too..
    >
    > -Antti-

    I would say RH7.3 was the best RedHat released, after they got involved
    in Gnome2 and pushed it, things got worse, kind of people been caught in a
    hystery that Gnome2 would be so good, but gives more a feeling is badly broke.
    Of course this is my opinion and there will be many who don't share that one
    with me.

    //Aho

  4. Re: FC2 versus FC3 -- my own experiences

    > If you're not a troll then you won't have to say anything like that...
    > just don't troll.

    May i suggest that he put that to stop people like you posting
    unhelpfull and pointless posts to a sensible question.

    If you think its a Troll JUST DONT POST. Real trolls wont bother if
    morons like you didn't get all excited and wet your pants at them.

    Can't have less of the
    Q: Linux has a bug, has anyone else had this problem... how'd you fix
    it/ work around...
    A: UG.. OOOHAH!!! A TROLL! RUN TO DA HILLS... THROW ROCK, HIT DEM WITH
    CLUB!!!

    Rage