[News] Lump of Linux Announcements from Red Hat - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Lump of Linux Announcements from Red Hat - Linux ; Red Hat and FIS Deliver Next-Generation Real-Time Core Banking Platform for Intel-Based Servers ,----[ Quote ] | FIS Profile, running on an open source stack led by Red Hat's Enterprise | Linux 5, has achieved new performance benchmarks, showcasing a ...

  1. [News] Lump of Linux Announcements from Red Hat

    Red Hat and FIS Deliver Next-Generation Real-Time Core Banking Platform for
    Intel-Based Servers

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | FIS Profile, running on an open source stack led by Red Hat's Enterprise
    | Linux 5, has achieved new performance benchmarks, showcasing a bank with 25
    | million accounts running core banking processes in real time on a single
    | server running four of Intel's new Quad-Core Xeon Series 7300 processors.
    `----

    http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/071114/20071114005403.html?.v=1

    Red Hat and Hyperic Extend Collaboration on Open Source Systems Management
    Technology

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Combined technologies and open source innovation provide customers with
    | superior management solutions
    `----

    http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/071114/20071114005376.html?.v=1

    Red Hat Announces Fourth-Annual Red Hat Summit

    http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/071114/20071114005380.html?.v=1

    Red Hat Is Ready for High-Performance Computing

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Red Hat has partnered with Platform Computing to deliver a high performance
    | computing package.
    `----

    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759...129TX1K0000616

    Is Red Hat Recession Proof?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Lofty oil prices. Sub-prime mortgages woes. Whispers of a potential recession
    | ahead continue. That made me wonder: If the U.S. heads into a recession soon,
    | are open source companies like Red Hat (RHT) better positioned to weather the
    | storm than their closed source counterparts?
    `----

    http://seekingalpha.com/article/5417...f?source=yahoo

    Related and recent:

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Red Hat’s new goal is to underpin 50% of the world’s servers by 2015.
    |
    | And since virtualization is projected to take over the world by then that’s a
    | lot of Xen virtualization – and there’s no extra cost in it like there is
    | with VMware since it’s bundled with RHEL. (Red Hat’s telling people they’ll
    | save $20,000-$30,000 a server.) * *
    `----

    http://www.clientservernews.com/

    Related:

    Red Hat, Research In Motion lead early tech gains

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Red Hat, Research In Motion lead early tech gains Red Hat Inc. shares rose 66
    | cents, or 3.7%, to $19.60 after the open-source software developer on Tuesday
    | reported a 65% increase in its second-quarter earning due to strong sales of
    | its Linux operating system software.
    `----

    http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Stor...yhoo&dist=yhoo

    Red Hat sees FY07 greater China sales up 100 pct

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Red Hat Inc., a distributor of open-source Linux software, expects its
    | sales in the greater China region to double in fiscal 2007 and grow by
    | 85 percent in fiscal 2008, an executive said on Tuesday. "Our plan is to
    | have 100 percent growth this year, and 85 percent growth next year,"
    | Michael Chen, general manager of Red Hat China, told Reuters in an
    | interview.
    `----

    http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articl...mktNews&rpc=44
    http://tinyurl.com/rdrsg

  2. Re: [News] Lump of Linux Announcements from Red Hat

+ Reply to Thread