Executing a program when building KDevelop projects - Linux

This is a discussion on Executing a program when building KDevelop projects - Linux ; Hello Everyone, I've got a short question related to KDevelop. Perhaps someone can help me with this. In my project I'm using generated source files. Currently I'm calling a parser to generate these files, and thereafter I build the project. ...

  1. Executing a program when building KDevelop projects

    Hello Everyone,

    I've got a short question related to KDevelop.
    Perhaps someone can help me with this.

    In my project I'm using generated source files. Currently I'm calling
    a parser to generate these files, and thereafter I build the project.

    Now I'm wondering whether it's possible to automize this.
    The "automake manager" in KDevelop offers the possibility to "add
    application".

    I assumed that this option can be used to call an external application
    (or even better a shell script) before the actual application build
    starts. Somehow this doesn't work.

    Does anyone know whether it's possible to execute an application or
    shell script first when building the project?

    Many thanks in advance.

    Best regards,
    MC

  2. Re: Executing a program when building KDevelop projects

    Hello Everyone,

    Meanwhile I found a possible solution, by modifying the configure
    file.
    A shell script is called within the 'configure'. This shell script
    executes the parser.

    Now I need to run 'configure' each time before compiling.
    It's not completely what I expected, but at least it is an acceptable
    solution.

    Best regards,
    MC

  3. Re: Executing a program when building KDevelop projects

    I agree, but I don't have any better solution :-(

    MC

  4. Re: Executing a program when building KDevelop projects

    metacazar@yahoo.com writes:

    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > Meanwhile I found a possible solution, by modifying the configure
    > file.
    > A shell script is called within the 'configure'. This shell script
    > executes the parser.
    >
    > Now I need to run 'configure' each time before compiling.
    > It's not completely what I expected, but at least it is an acceptable
    > solution.

    Looks strange to me, configure is for configuring what you do is
    definitly a task for some make utility....

    Regards
    Friedrich

    --
    Please remove just-for-news- to reply via e-mail.

+ Reply to Thread