Re: New to this Linux lark - advice please - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: New to this Linux lark - advice please - Linux ; Peter Köhlmann wrote: >>>> Hadron wrote: Are you actually claiming that because linux supports NTFS and VFAT it should also defrag them? >>>> Yes. Are you that stupid? >>>> It might have huge share partitions on the server. Um....so just ...

  1. Re: New to this Linux lark - advice please

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    Are you actually claiming that because linux supports NTFS and VFAT it
    should also defrag them?

    Um....so just to add to Quack's lunacy logic.
    As linux does not *have* any defragging tools, WHY can't the windoze defragger
    defrag the linux partition?

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2 (64bit), PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA 2

  2. Re: New to this Linux lark - advice please

  3. Re: New to this Linux lark - advice please

    ed wrote:

    > On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:35:02 -0800
    > "HangEveryRepubliKKKan" wrote:
    >
    >> "William Poaster" wrote
    >> > As linux does not *have* any defragging tools, WHY can't the
    >> > windoze defragger
    >> > defrag the linux partition?

    >> It can. You just use the format command.

    > Time waster

    Yes, another idiot troll.

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2 (64bit), PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA 2
    Linux systems: Kubuntu 7.10 "Gutsy" amd64,
    Debian 4.0, PCLinuxOS 2007.

  4. Re: New to this Linux lark - advice please

    ____/ William Poaster on Wednesday 14 November 2007 23:19 : \____

    > ed wrote:

    >> On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:35:02 -0800
    >> "HangEveryRepubliKKKan" wrote:
    >>
    >>> "William Poaster" wrote
    >>>
    >>> It can. You just use the format command.

    >> Time waster

    > Yes, another idiot troll.

    Just don't feed that raving lunatic. The guy used to repeatedly call for
    slitting the throats of 'lintads'. People like that should be detained, not be
    out on USENET.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Download Othello: http://othellomaster.com

  5. Re: New to this Linux lark - advice please

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ William Poaster on Wednesday 14 November 2007 23:19 : \____
    >
    >> ed wrote:

    >>> Time waster

    >> Yes, another idiot troll.

    > Just don't feed that raving lunatic. The guy used to repeatedly call for
    > slitting the throats of 'lintads'. People like that should be detained, not be
    > out on USENET.

    I'm not feeding it. I only see replies to it.

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2 (64bit), PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA 2
    Linux systems: Kubuntu 7.10 "Gutsy" amd64,
    Debian 4.0, PCLinuxOS 2007.

  6. Re: New to this Linux lark - advice please

  7. Re: New to this Linux lark - advice please

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, ed

    wrote
    on Thu, 15 Nov 2007 00:21:11 GMT
    <20071115001945.76de2ff5@workstation>:

    > On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 18:32:49 -0800
    > "HangEveryRepubliKKKan" wrote:
    >
    >> "William Poaster" wrote
    >> > Yes, another idiot troll.

    >> main(){printf(&linux["\007\114%sux\013\0"],(linux)["friendly"]+"penguin"-0x6d);}
    >>

    > Misinformed. That's not going to compile, even if it did, it's the
    > worst coding ever.

    Then you've not looked at Jeff "Question Mark" Relf's
    contributions to newsreaders :-). It used to be at

    http://www.cotse.net/users/jeffrelf/X.CPP

    but Mr. Relf has subsequently apparently moved it
    into a Games.ZIP archive.

    The best thing I can say for it is that it has no
    documentation.

    > That would probably be allowed in some companies
    > that don't care about maintenance,

    Assuming it worked. At least JR's crap is marginally
    functional on Windows equipment (according to him).

    > but for opensource, it'd probably be revoked.

    If not shot on sight and buried in peat moss for 3 months.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Insert random misquote here.

  8. Re: New to this Linux lark - advice please

    ____/ William Poaster on Wednesday 14 November 2007 23:58 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ William Poaster on Wednesday 14 November 2007 23:19 : \____

    >>> Yes, another idiot troll.

    >> Just don't feed that raving lunatic. The guy used to repeatedly call for
    >> slitting the throats of 'lintads'. People like that should be detained, not
    >> be out on USENET.

    > I'm not feeding it. I only see replies to it.

    Yes, I've begun seeing 'dirty' content in some posts from Ed.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: 12345679 x 8 = 98765432
    Swap: 1510068k total, 715048k used, 795020k free, 56736k cached

  9. Re: New to this Linux lark - advice please

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ William Poaster on Wednesday 14 November 2007 23:58 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> ____/ William Poaster on Wednesday 14 November 2007 23:19 : \____

    >>> Just don't feed that raving lunatic. The guy used to repeatedly call for
    >>> slitting the throats of 'lintads'. People like that should be detained, not
    >>> be out on USENET.

    >> I'm not feeding it. I only see replies to it.

    > Yes, I've begun seeing 'dirty' content in some posts from Ed.

    I don't see any replies to the troll now, as they weren't worth reading
    anyway. :-)

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2 (64bit), PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA 2
    Linux systems: Kubuntu 7.10 "Gutsy" amd64,
    Debian 4.0, PCLinuxOS 2007.

  10. Re: New to this Linux lark - advice please

    > ____/ William Poaster on Wednesday 14 November 2007 23:58 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> ____/ William Poaster on Wednesday 14 November 2007 23:19 : \____

    >>> Just don't feed that raving lunatic. The guy used to repeatedly call for
    >>> slitting the throats of 'lintads'. People like that should be detained, not
    >>> be out on USENET.

    >> I'm not feeding it. I only see replies to it.

    > Yes, I've begun seeing 'dirty' content in some posts from Ed.

    You guys are feeding it, too .

    I feel sorry for that guy, though. To have a life so pathetic, reduced
    to trolling a ng set up to be a troll magnet. Tsk tsk.

    --
    Tux rox!

+ Reply to Thread