Car computer runs Red Flag Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Flag Linux is a Chinese version of Linux based on Asianux.
`----

Linux is popular in car PCs (examples below). It's not sold by Dell /et al/
with the stranglehold on sales of PCs. If Microsoft cannot /force/ people to
sell Windows, it fails.

Related:

Vehicle-mount computer runs Debian Etch

,----[ Quote ]
| The MT7550 clocks its AMD Geode GX533 processor at 400 MHz, includes both
| Bluetooth and 802.11b/g wireless capabilities, and comes standard with Debian
| Linux 4.0 ("Etch"). *
`----

Rugged, fanless vehicle PC runs Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Acrosser has introduced a compact, fanless computer aimed at the harsh
| environments found in trucks, taxis, and other vehicular applications. The
| AR-ES0831FL runs Linux on Pentium and Celeron M processors, and meets
| IEC-68-2-6 vibration and IEC-68-2-27 shock standards, according to the
| company. * *
`----

In-vehicle Linux system assists first responders

,----[ Quote ]
| U.K.-based Thorcom Systems Ltd is shipping a rugged, Debian Linux-based,
| in-vehicle computer intended for emergency first responders. T
`----

If Novell and Microsoft Were in the Car Production and Sales Business...

,----[ Quote ]

| * *Look at it this way for a moment:
|
| * * * * * "If I, as an end-user, bought a car from Ford, that does
| * * * * * indeed contain technology infringing some patent owned by
| * * * * * DaimlerChrysler--would there by any likelihood that Ford would
| * * * * * sue me, the end-user?
| * * * *
| * * * * * "However, if I, as an end-user, buy a SUSE Linux Enterprise Serv-
| * * * * * er, that *may* contain (well, it doesn't, and never will, as
| * * * * * Novell strongly reassures me) software patented technology owned
| * * * * * by Microsoft--would there be any likelihood that Microsoft would
| * * * * * sue me, the end-user?
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2528

Hybrid is also good for Open Source! *

,----[ Quote ]
| The Prius hybrid car is great news for our planet: As much as it can,
| it runs on electricity and is thereby a signatory of the Kyoto treaty.
| But never does it stop - if there is no electricity, it will run on
| regular fuel. That's a great car for serving both the planet and
| it inhabitants at the same time.
`----

http://www.citizenvalley.org/blocnot...1c4b0e82664bd3

OSMB: OScar, the Open Source car

,----[ Quote ]
| The first to be presented was the Open Source car called OScar.
| For eight years, a community that has grown to far over 1,000
| people has been working on the development of a car based on
| Open Source, though the project's founder Markus stressed that
| the goal is development, not production. The automotive industry
| has, however, already showed interest in the concept.
`----

Linux Powered PS3 to be used in DARPA Urban Challenge

,----[ Quote ]
| With four years of autonomous racing experience and using Yellow Dog Linux,
| San Diego's Axion Racing is excited about showing folks other things that can
| be done using a PlayStation console. *
`----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/aug/...rban_challenge

Debian Linux controls copter-like UAV [Unmanned Aerial Vehicle]

,----[ Quote ]
`----