teachtiro@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hello,
> I need some guidance in taking a step forward into being a good open
> source developer. I have knowledge in c programming. Now, i wanna be
> part of open source community, but when we take a product the source
> code is very huge, there must be some kind of documentation on which
> function does what and what it relies upon.

The source code is the documentation.

> Are there some procedures
> followed by open source development community to make it easy for
> others to understand the source code (sure, this is not something
> restricted to open source, every development team must be doing this),
> as an e.g. consider a command in linux, i would like to edit how it
> behaves, how should i proceed.
> one way, for e.g., is to use 'find' to look for the function, but iam
> expecting more clear way of doing than that.

Try cscope or source navigator.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo nospam@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
Microsoft is finally bringing all of its Windows operating system families
under one roof. It will combine all of the features of CE, stability and
support of ME and the speed of NT.
It will be called Windows CEMENT...
--
comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: clcm@plethora.net -- you must
or the newsgroup name in square brackets in the subject line. Sorry.