Who is the world's biggest patent troll?

,----[ Quote ]
| In two consecutive days, The Wall Street Journal presented two different
| answers. The first is not surprising: Intellectual Ventures, the brainchild
| of ex-Microsoft executive Nathan Myhrvold. It's now out "to raise as much as
| $1 billion to help develop and patent inventions, many of them from
| universities in Asia."
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9...=2547-1_3-0-20

Related:

Microsoft director out to 'debunk mythology around open source'

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.bangkokpost.com/090507_Da...007_data05.php

,----[ Quote ]
| "We would like to strike similar patent deals with all the Linux
| vendors, but we had to start somewhere," said Bill Hilf.
`----
* * * *
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759...119TX1K0000594

What Will Change at Microsoft with Regard to F/OSS Patents

,----[ Quote ]
| Hilf’s response was... priceless. “I get a lot of e-mail.” “People like to
| subscribe me to crazy newsletters and spam.”
`----

http://www.oreillynet.com/linux/blog...microsoft.html

He quit that job recently. It's not easy being a 'patent terrorist'.

Sun exec accuses Microsoft of 'patent terrorism'

,----[ Quote ]
| The efforts of Microsoft to pressure the Linux community over alleged and
| unspecified patents is akin to "patent terrorism", according to a local
| executive for Sun Microsystems. *
`----

Microsoft, the art of Corporate Terrorism.

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, no longer the technological leader in the Computer Desktop
| market, is taking on a terrorist role in its attempt remain in power
| at all costs. (see the link to the CNN story below)
|
| The tactic is intended to frighten current, and would be, free
| software users away from products that Microsoft just can't compete
| with. It's not a new tactic, but for the first time desperation is
| beginning to show.
`----

http://sweetcomputing.com/index.php?...soft_Terrorism

Convicted Monopolist Terrorizes Software Industry

,----[ Quote ]
| That headline is designed to grab your attention. Sensationalistic as
| it may be, it also happens to be true, if what you mean by 'terrorize'
| is to provoke fear.
|
| If you've been following the presidential race in the United States,
| you know the present crop of candidates have been exploiting the fear
| of the American people as they never have before in the history of
| the country.
`----

http://www.linux.org/news/opinion/ms_threats.html

Timeline wins $5M from Microsoft in patent settlement

`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/071022/1538829.html?.v=1