Re: Another year, and another year of Lintard failure. - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Another year, and another year of Lintard failure. - Linux ; What reality are you living in? Vista sales are not eating into XP at all, the other way round--sorry to disappoint you. MS is now permitting some computer manufactures to "downgrade" to XP. Corporate sales are holding off on Vista. ...

  1. Re: Another year, and another year of Lintard failure.

    What reality are you living in? Vista sales are not eating into XP at all,
    the other way round--sorry to disappoint you. MS is now permitting some
    computer manufactures to "downgrade" to XP. Corporate sales are holding off
    on Vista.

    If you have tried Vista, I have it running on two computers at home, and it
    is a dog, particularly for novices. My personal feeling is that it is a
    POS. MS has made a great mistake in going forward with it.

    Hell, I am running Ubuntu Gutsy (7.1) on an old Dell Dimension, 900MHz with
    256 of RAM and it runs reasonably well, far better than XP did on the same
    machine. Try running Vista on such a machine!

    Someone paying you from Microsoft to write this crap!

  2. Re: Another year, and another year of Lintard failure.

    HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:

    > Just like every other version of Unix in existance.

    You'd better get off Usenet, then. It uses Unix! Come to that, you'd
    better disconnect your computer from the internet altogether - >95% of web
    servers run Unix or Linux. You wouldn't want to be connected to /that/
    rubbish, would you?

    C.

    Windows: a poor proprietary client for a Unix world!

  3. Re: Another year, and another year of Lintard failure.

    HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:

    >> HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:
    >>> Just like every other version of Unix in existance.

    > "Christopher Hunter" wrote
    >> You'd better get off Usenet, then. It uses Unix! Come to that, you'd
    >> better disconnect your computer from the internet altogether - >95% of web
    >> servers run Unix or Linux. You wouldn't want to be connected to /that/
    >> rubbish, would you?

    > I am content that ****Box Unix servers are shunting my packets.
    > Converting my 8 bit data to 7 bits, transferring the data as 8 bit packets,
    > and then reconstructing them back to 8 bit packets before repeating the
    > process.
    >
    > Those who Love the LinTard OS love inefficiency.

    8-bit packets? You need to brush up on 791 and 793.

  4. Re: Another year, and another year of Lintard failure.

    HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:

    > "owl" wrote
    >> 8-bit packets? You need to brush up on 791 and 793.

    > Packets constructed from 8 bit bytes. Not packets that are 8 bits long.
    > LinTard.

    Just quoting you. You said "8 bit packets" twice in one sentence.

  5. Re: Another year, and another year of Lintard failure.

    HangEveryRepubliKKKan wrote:

    > "owl" wrote
    >> Just quoting you. You said "8 bit packets" twice in one sentence.

    > Yup, and you didn't understand it either time. Sad.

    Is it like Dickey Betts hitting wrong notes in a riff and then
    playing them again so people think he meant to do it?

+ Reply to Thread