Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Hypocritical Snitch Gives Google a Hard Time - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Hypocritical Snitch Gives Google a Hard Time - Linux ; After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o' wisdom: > Tech Companies Paid Lobbyist $200,000 > > ,----[ Quote ] > | Over 60 companies and trade associations, including Microsoft Corp. and Apple > | ...

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Hypocritical Snitch Gives Google a Hard Time

    > Tech Companies Paid Lobbyist $200,000
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Over 60 companies and trade associations, including Microsoft Corp. and Apple
    > | Inc., have formed the Coalition for Patent Fairness, which paid Patton Boggs
    > | to lobby Congress in support of patent reform legislation, according to the
    > | form posted online Aug. 9 by the Senate's public records office.
    > `----
    >
    > http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070830/tech_...ying.html?.v=1

    This drips with irony:

    Over 60 companies and trade associations, including Microsoft Corp.
    and Apple Inc., have formed the Coalition for Patent Fairness, which
    paid Patton Boggs to lobby Congress in support of patent reform
    legislation, according to the form posted online Aug. 9 by the
    Senate's public records office.

    The companies say the reform proposals will reduce frivolous patent
    litigation and lead to higher-quality patents.

    --
    Tux rox!

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Hypocritical Snitch Gives Google a Hard Time

    ____/ [H]omer on Thursday 15 November 2007 06:40 : \____

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
    >
    >> higher-quality patents.

    > Now *there* an oxymoron if there ever was one.

    Whose quality? Quality in /whose/ eyes? To the patent holder, the poorer, the
    better. Search YouTube for 'patent troll' and watch the digitised classic
    patent trolls. Big barriers are best to /monopolise/. Watch it.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "All your archives are (sic) belong to Google"