64-bit Vista superlatives! - Linux

This is a discussion on 64-bit Vista superlatives! - Linux ; DFS wrote: Have you bought and installed it? Do you have personal experience of running it? If so please post your own assessment instead of simply regurgitating carefully edited comments. I do not have any customers running 64 bit Vista ...

  1. Re: 64-bit Vista superlatives!

    DFS wrote:

    Have you bought and installed it? Do you have personal experience of running
    it? If so please post your own assessment instead of simply regurgitating
    carefully edited comments.

    I do not have any customers running 64 bit Vista so I can't comment on it.
    All of my customers that run the 'standard' Vista versions, Home Basic and
    Premium, (and there are not many of those) complain about its sluggish
    performance even on Dual-core systems with 2Gb or more of Ram.

  2. 64-bit Vista superlatives!

    Really the Ultimate!
    A Step Up
    There is NO way I'm going back to XP
    Fantastic
    Microsoft Windows at it's Best
    Excellent for those who can afford it
    Not a single problem yet
    Don't listen to the haters
    Lovin` it
    Great OS
    Good Deal!
    Vista Rocks
    Great O/S
    * Absolutely Stunning *
    WOW!
    Happy, happy ... Joy, joy!
    I LOVE IT
    definetly works for me!
    No Problems
    I love it!
    IT IS XP on STEROIDS
    OS is fine.
    It's really nice!
    GET THIS NOW
    Looks and cooks
    Got to love Vista!
    Vistacular!
    Excellent Operating System
    My fav OS yet!
    MICROSOFT ROCKS!
    Pleasantly Suprised!
    Fantastic

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832116215 (sort
    by highest rating)

  3. Re: 64-bit Vista superlatives!

    After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Really the Ultimate!
    > A Step Up
    > There is NO way I'm going back to XP
    > Fantastic
    > Microsoft Windows at it's Best
    > Excellent for those who can afford it
    > Not a single problem yet
    > Don't listen to the haters
    > Lovin` it
    > Great OS
    > Good Deal!
    > Vista Rocks
    > Great O/S
    > * Absolutely Stunning *
    > WOW!
    > Happy, happy ... Joy, joy!
    > I LOVE IT
    > definetly works for me!
    > No Problems
    > I love it!
    > IT IS XP on STEROIDS
    > OS is fine.
    > It's really nice!
    > GET THIS NOW
    > Looks and cooks
    > Got to love Vista!
    > Vistacular!
    > Excellent Operating System
    > My fav OS yet!
    > MICROSOFT ROCKS!
    > Pleasantly Suprised!
    > Fantastic
    >
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832116215 (sort
    > by highest rating)

    *yawn*

  4. Re: 64-bit Vista superlatives!

    On 2007-11-13, Linonut claimed:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Really the Ultimate!
    >> A Step Up
    >> There is NO way I'm going back to XP
    >> Fantastic
    >> Microsoft Windows at it's Best
    >> Excellent for those who can afford it
    >> Not a single problem yet
    >> Don't listen to the haters
    >> Lovin` it
    >> Great OS
    >> Good Deal!
    >> Vista Rocks
    >> Great O/S
    >> * Absolutely Stunning *
    >> WOW!
    >> Happy, happy ... Joy, joy!
    >> I LOVE IT
    >> definetly works for me!
    >> No Problems
    >> I love it!
    >> IT IS XP on STEROIDS
    >> OS is fine.
    >> It's really nice!
    >> GET THIS NOW
    >> Looks and cooks
    >> Got to love Vista!
    >> Vistacular!
    >> Excellent Operating System
    >> My fav OS yet!
    >> MICROSOFT ROCKS!
    >> Pleasantly Suprised!
    >> Fantastic
    >>
    >> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832116215 (sort
    >> by highest rating)

    > *yawn*

    ME got similar reviews and favorable comments. There's always a small
    contingent of drugged up or otherwise mind-altered people who think MS
    Crapware, Latest Edition, is good. Presumably those are the same people
    who think store brand and Safari coffee are as good as quality whole
    bean.

    --
    A black-and-white mind working on a color-coded problem.

  5. Re: 64-bit Vista superlaxitives!

    DFS did eloquently scribble:
    > Really the Ultimate!
    > A Step Up
    > There is NO way I'm going back to XP
    > Fantastic

    Etc etc etc blah blah blah

    So what?

  6. Re: 64-bit Vista superlatives!

    On Nov 13, 7:16 am, "DFS" wrote:
    >snip M$ propaganda

    Isn't DFS supposedly one of the worse trolls here? If so, don't feed
    the troll, just plonk it.

  7. Re: 64-bit PISTA superlatives!

    Micoshaft Asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of big corporation:

    Linux 64 bit - Really the Ultimate!
    Linux - Always a Step Up
    Linux! There is NO way I'm going back to XP
    Linux - Fantastic
    Micoshoft Windopws at it's Best is PISTA!? I'm really gonna wipe it!
    Linux - Excellent for those who can afford it, and those who can't
    Linux - not a single problem yet
    Linux - Don't listen to the haters
    Linux - Lovin` it
    Linux! - Great OS
    Linux - Good Deal!
    Linux! Linux! Linux! Pista is on the Rocks
    Linux - Great O/S
    Linux * Absolutely Stunning *
    LINUX! WOW!
    Linux! Happy, happy ... Joy, joy!
    Linux! I LOVE IT
    Linux definetly works for me!
    Linux No Problems
    Linux I love it!
    Linux - IT IS XP on STEROIDS
    Linux - OS is fine.
    Linux - It's really nice!
    LINUX! GET THIS NOW
    Linux Looks and cooks
    Linux - Got to ditch Pista!
    Pistacular! says a PISTIE. Linux is just better.
    Linux - Excellent Operating System
    Linux My fav OS yet!
    PISTA IS MICOSHAFT ON THE ROCKS!
    Ubuntu Pleasantly Suprised!
    Linux Fantastic

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=Linux_Enquiry)

  8. Re: 64-bit Vista superlatives!

    bmillerjacobson@gmail.com did eloquently scribble:
    > On Nov 13, 7:16 am, "DFS" wrote:
    >>snip M$ propaganda

    > Isn't DFS supposedly one of the worse trolls here? If so, don't feed
    > the troll, just plonk it.

    And miss the chance to change the subject line to one more... appropriate?
    Ah gowan, where's the fun in that?
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  9. Re: 64-bit Vista superlatives!

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > DFS did eloquently scribble:
    >> Really the Ultimate!
    >> A Step Up
    >> There is NO way I'm going back to XP
    >> Fantastic

    > Etc etc etc blah blah blah
    >
    > So what?

    So you can't find a similar collection of 64-bit Linux superlatives in one
    place, which means.... ?

  10. Re: 64-bit PISTA superlatives!

    7 wrote:
    > Micoshaft Asstroturfer DFS wrote on behalf of big corporation:

    > Linux 64 bit - Really the Ultimate!
    > Linux - Always a Step Up
    > Linux! There is NO way I'm going back to XP
    > Linux - Fantastic
    > Micoshoft Windopws at it's Best is PISTA!? I'm really gonna wipe it!
    > Linux - Excellent for those who can afford it, and those who can't
    > Linux - not a single problem yet
    > Linux - Don't listen to the haters
    > Linux - Lovin` it
    > Linux! - Great OS
    > Linux - Good Deal!
    > Linux! Linux! Linux! Pista is on the Rocks
    > Linux - Great O/S
    > Linux * Absolutely Stunning *
    > LINUX! WOW!
    > Linux! Happy, happy ... Joy, joy!
    > Linux! I LOVE IT
    > Linux definetly works for me!
    > Linux No Problems
    > Linux I love it!
    > Linux - IT IS XP on STEROIDS
    > Linux - OS is fine.
    > Linux - It's really nice!
    > LINUX! GET THIS NOW
    > Linux Looks and cooks
    > Linux - Got to ditch Pista!
    > Pistacular! says a PISTIE. Linux is just better.
    > Linux - Excellent Operating System
    > Linux My fav OS yet!
    > PISTA IS MICOSHAFT ON THE ROCKS!
    > Ubuntu Pleasantly Suprised!
    > Linux Fantastic
    >
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=Linux_Enquiry)

    Good post - unfortunately for cola-land it's all fiction. You still can't
    find anyone as excited about Linux as that group is about 64-bit Vista...

  11. Re: 64-bit Vista superlatives!

    DFS did eloquently scribble:
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >> DFS did eloquently scribble:
    >>> Really the Ultimate!
    >>> A Step Up
    >>> There is NO way I'm going back to XP
    >>> Fantastic

    >> Etc etc etc blah blah blah
    >>
    >> So what?

    > So you can't find a similar collection of 64-bit Linux superlatives in one
    > place, which means.... ?

    I'm not sad and boring enough to look?
    | in |good to you so far... |

  12. Re: 64-bit PISTA superlatives!

    After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    >> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=Linux_Enquiry)

    > Good post - unfortunately for cola-land it's all fiction. You still can't
    > find anyone as excited about Linux as that group is about 64-bit Vista...

    Try looking at IBM or Tata.

    --
    Tux rox!

  13. Re: 64-bit PISTA superlatives!

    Linonut wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=Linux_Enquiry)

    >> Good post - unfortunately for cola-land it's all fiction. You still can't
    >> find anyone as excited about Linux as that group is about 64-bit Vista...

    > Try looking at IBM or Tata.

    I've been running 64bit GNU/Linux since AMD made the cpu's & SuSE 9.0 was
    released in 2003, about 2 *years* before windoze went to 64bit. What's to get
    excited about?
    Oh, because it's a new novelty in windoze, is that why DooFu$ is excited?

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2 (64bit), PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA 2

  14. Re: 64-bit PISTA superlatives!

    William Poaster wrote:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> Good post - unfortunately for cola-land it's all fiction. You still
    >>> can't find anyone as excited about Linux as that group is about 64-bit
    >>> Vista...

    >> Try looking at IBM or Tata.

    > I've been running 64bit GNU/Linux since AMD made the cpu's & SuSE 9.0 was
    > released in 2003, about 2 *years* before windoze went to 64bit. What's to
    > get excited about?
    > Oh, because it's a new novelty in windoze, is that why DooFu$ is excited?

    Well, DFS might not like the fact that SuSE had the 64bit AMD-linux ready
    some month *before* the first processor ever left the fab. It was used in
    fact to iron out some of the last kinks of the processor hardware

    AMD (with their processor fab in Dresden, germany) and SuSE worked closely
    together when designing the AMD64 / AMD-linux 64bit

    The first AMD-64 windows version came *years* later. And boy, it sucked
    donkey dicks! And still does
    --
    The Day Microsoft makes something that does not suck is probably
    the day they start making vacuum cleaners.

  15. Re: 64-bit Vista superlatives!

    wrote
    news:1194989119.938372.258780@v2g2000hsf.googlegro ups.com...
    > On Nov 13, 7:16 am, "DFS" wrote:
    >>snip M$ propaganda

    > Isn't DFS supposedly one of the worse trolls here? If so, don't feed
    > the troll, just plonk it.

    Trollfeeder! Consider it done!
    *plonk*

+ Reply to Thread