[News] [Rival] Vile Microsoft Shill (CompTIA) Used to Praise Bill Gates - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Vile Microsoft Shill (CompTIA) Used to Praise Bill Gates - Linux ; Bill Gates, Steve Jobs Top CompTIA Poll on Most Influential IT Industry Personalities of the Past 25 Years ,----[ Quote ] | The co-founders of two of the world's most successful, recognizable and | innovative information technology (IT) companies are ...

  1. [News] [Rival] Vile Microsoft Shill (CompTIA) Used to Praise Bill Gates

    Bill Gates, Steve Jobs Top CompTIA Poll on Most Influential IT Industry
    Personalities of the Past 25 Years

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The co-founders of two of the world's most successful, recognizable and
    | innovative information technology (IT) companies are the industry's most
    | influential personalities of the past 25 years, according to a poll by the
    | Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA).
    `----

    http://www.pr-inside.com/bill-gates-...ia-r288815.htm

    They also praised Internet Explorer not so long ago. it's a Microsoft lobbying
    arm in disguise. It's funded by Microsoft. It attacks the EU, the FSF, ODF,
    and just about anything that is a threat to Microsoft. Disgusting. Revolting.
    They vote for people who give them a paycheck.

    Related:

    Getting People to Say Nice Things About Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | First, it was bloggers; now Microsoft is hiring Wikipedia writers to
    | set its stories straight on the popular online encylopedia. How
    | dumb does Microsoft think we are?
    `----

    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759...129TX1K0000616

    Clearing up anti-GPL3 FUD

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Some of the bad publicity about GPL3 is deliberate. A particularly
    | bad article by Dan Lyons of Forbes magazine painted an offensive
    | picture of GPL3 and Richard Stallman, even accusing Stallman of
    | having sex with flowers (!!!) after Lyons failed to comprehend
    | a scientific joke.
    `----

    http://technocrat.net/d/2007/3/22/16651/

    Perens Lashes Out at Claims GPL 3 Brings Legal Risks

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "Let's make it clear that [ACT] is Microsoft's lobbying front and
    | that they are going to paint as negative a picture as they can,"
    | Perens told eWEEK in an interview.
    |
    | "Obviously, GPL software is displacing Microsoft enough to have
    | them concerned, and it's doing it at customers who are important
    | to them. A lawyer's job is to scare the other side if they can--because
    | they know it's cheaper than winning a case in court," he said.
    `----

    Evangelist Gartenberg back to being analyst

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | After only three weeks at Microsoft as an "evangelist," Michael
    | Gartenberg is returning to his old job as vice president and
    | research director at JupiterResearch.
    `----

    http://news.com.com/2061-10805_3-616...0-20&subj=news

    Microsoft upgrades Zune players to challenge Apple iPods

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "It's a nice evolutionary development to the product line," said Jupiter
    | Research analyst Michael Gartenberg.
    `----

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071003...mpanymicrosoft

    http://slated.org/linux_still_doesnt...op_is_pure_fud

    http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowa...00/PX03096.pdf

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Vile Microsoft Shill (CompTIA) Used to PraiseBill Gates

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 06:43:13 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Bill Gates, Steve Jobs Top CompTIA Poll on Most Influential IT Industry
    > Personalities of the Past 25 Years
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | The co-founders of two of the world's most successful, recognizable
    > and | innovative information technology (IT) companies are the
    > industry's most | influential personalities of the past 25 years,
    > according to a poll by the | Computing Technology Industry Association
    > (CompTIA). `----
    >
    > http://www.pr-inside.com/bill-gates-...ia-r288815.htm
    >
    > They also praised Internet Explorer not so long ago. it's a Microsoft
    > lobbying arm in disguise. It's funded by Microsoft. It attacks the EU,
    > the FSF, ODF, and just about anything that is a threat to Microsoft.
    > Disgusting. Revolting. They vote for people who give them a paycheck.

    All of the above may be true. So, why pick *this* item to make a point?

    I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a more influential IT figure than
    BillG over the last 25 years. This is not to say that I sanction MS
    business practices, or deny the security consequences of exposing a single-
    user OS to the internet. Far from it. But it is irrational to
    (implicitly) deny the man's influence, whether you or I or anyone else
    believe it to be positive or negative.

    For those who haven't followed the link, Linus comes up #4. Nine years
    from now, the results of this poll might be a bit different.

    Actually, the surprising thing to me is that Jobs wound up on the top of
    the list.

    > Related:
    >
    > Getting People to Say Nice Things About Microsoft
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | First, it was bloggers; now Microsoft is hiring Wikipedia writers to |
    > set its stories straight on the popular online encylopedia. How | dumb
    > does Microsoft think we are?
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2086784,00.asp?

    kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000616

    > Clearing up anti-GPL3 FUD
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Some of the bad publicity about GPL3 is deliberate. A particularly |
    > bad article by Dan Lyons of Forbes magazine painted an offensive |
    > picture of GPL3 and Richard Stallman, even accusing Stallman of | having
    > sex with flowers (!!!) after Lyons failed to comprehend | a scientific
    > joke.
    > `----
    >
    > http://technocrat.net/d/2007/3/22/16651/
    >

    > Perens Lashes Out at Claims GPL 3 Brings Legal Risks
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | "Let's make it clear that [ACT] is Microsoft's lobbying front and |
    > that they are going to paint as negative a picture as they can," |
    > Perens told eWEEK in an interview.
    > |
    > | "Obviously, GPL software is displacing Microsoft enough to have | them
    > concerned, and it's doing it at customers who are important | to them. A
    > lawyer's job is to scare the other side if they can--because | they know
    > it's cheaper than winning a case in court," he said. `----

    > Evangelist Gartenberg back to being analyst
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | After only three weeks at Microsoft as an "evangelist," Michael |
    > Gartenberg is returning to his old job as vice president and | research
    > director at JupiterResearch. `----
    >
    > http://news.com.com/2061-10805_3-6165381.html?

    part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

    > Microsoft upgrades Zune players to challenge Apple iPods
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | "It's a nice evolutionary development to the product line," said
    > Jupiter | Research analyst Michael Gartenberg. `----
    >
    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071003/tc_afp/

    lifestyleitinternetmusicfilmcompanymicrosoft

    > http://slated.org/linux_still_doesnt...op_is_pure_fud
    >

    > http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowa...g/011607/3000/

    PX03096.pdf

    --
    ´╗┐This message is brought to you by your Department of Redundancy Department.

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Vile Microsoft Shill (CompTIA) Used to Praise Bill Gates

    ____/ skydweller on Wednesday 14 November 2007 03:01 : \____

    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 06:43:13 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Bill Gates, Steve Jobs Top CompTIA Poll on Most Influential IT Industry
    >> Personalities of the Past 25 Years
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | The co-founders of two of the world's most successful, recognizable
    >> and | innovative information technology (IT) companies are the
    >> industry's most | influential personalities of the past 25 years,
    >> according to a poll by the | Computing Technology Industry Association
    >> (CompTIA). `----
    >>
    >> http://www.pr-inside.com/bill-gates-...ia-r288815.htm
    >>
    >> They also praised Internet Explorer not so long ago. it's a Microsoft
    >> lobbying arm in disguise. It's funded by Microsoft. It attacks the EU,
    >> the FSF, ODF, and just about anything that is a threat to Microsoft.
    >> Disgusting. Revolting. They vote for people who give them a paycheck.
    >>

    > All of the above may be true. So, why pick *this* item to make a point?

    This is just the latest example ([News]). I have a large list of CompTIA proxy
    actions against . I can fetch some if you want,
    but it'll take a while.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Linux is like a girlfriend; try to stick to one distribution for a lifetime
    Mem: 515500k total, 445284k used, 70216k free, 3692k buffers

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] Vile Microsoft Shill (CompTIA) Used to Praise Bill Gates

    "skydweller" wrote in message
    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 06:43:13 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Bill Gates, Steve Jobs Top CompTIA Poll on Most Influential IT Industry
    >> Personalities of the Past 25 Years
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | The co-founders of two of the world's most successful, recognizable
    >> and | innovative information technology (IT) companies are the
    >> industry's most | influential personalities of the past 25 years,
    >> according to a poll by the | Computing Technology Industry Association
    >> (CompTIA). `----
    >>
    >> http://www.pr-inside.com/bill-gates-...ia-r288815.htm
    >>
    >> They also praised Internet Explorer not so long ago. it's a Microsoft
    >> lobbying arm in disguise. It's funded by Microsoft. It attacks the EU,
    >> the FSF, ODF, and just about anything that is a threat to Microsoft.
    >> Disgusting. Revolting. They vote for people who give them a paycheck.
    >>

    > All of the above may be true. So, why pick *this* item to make a point?

    You better hope is isn't true! Look at their description:

    "In 2007, CompTIA is celebrating its 25th anniversary. Just as the
    information technology (IT) industry it serves has grown, CompTIA has also
    enjoyed remarkable growth over the past 25 years. The organization was
    founded by representatives of five micro-computer dealerships working
    together to find better ways to do business. Today, CompTIA has more than
    22,000 member companies in over 100 countries around the world; and serves
    as the voice of the world's $1 trillion-plus IT industry. CompTIA is
    committed to advancing the long-term success and growth of the IT industry
    by helping organizations maximize the benefits they receive from their
    investments in technology; and by helping individuals to obtain the skills
    and credentials they need for productive careers in IT. For more
    information, please visit: www.comptia.org. "

    Imagine a Microsoft lobbying arm in disguise serving as "the voice of the
    world's $1 trillion-plus IT industry"! You can all quit right now.

  5. Re: [Rival] Vile Microsoft Shill (CompTIA) Used to Praise Bill Gates

    On Nov 14, 9:06 pm, "amicus_curious" wrote:

    > Imagine a Microsoft lobbying arm in disguise serving as "the voice of the world's $1 trillion-plus IT industry"! You can all quit right now.- Hide quoted text -

    We don't have to imagine it and it isn't serving the IT industry, its
    primary purpose is in lobbying against Open Source. And it wouldn't be
    the first time MS funded a fake organization and persuaded its
    'partners' to sign up ...

    "Microsoft and other software companies are ramping up a lobbying
    effort that aims to convince governments to think again about adopting
    open-source software"

    "The Initiative for Software Choice, which launched quietly in early
    May, is chaired by an industry body called the Computer Technology
    Industry Association (CompTIA), but its biggest software industry
    backer is Microsoft"

    http://www.news.com/2100-1001-949635.html?tag=fd_top

    --

    amicus_curious actually thinks this is something to be proud of ...

  6. Re: [Rival] Vile Microsoft Shill (CompTIA) Used to Praise Bill Gates

    ____/ Doug Mentohl on Thursday 15 November 2007 11:28 : \____

    > On Nov 14, 9:06 pm, "amicus_curious" wrote:
    >
    >> Imagine a Microsoft lobbying arm in disguise serving as "the voice of the
    >> world's $1 trillion-plus IT industry"! You can all quit right now.- Hide
    >> quoted text -

    > We don't have to imagine it and it isn't serving the IT industry, its
    > primary purpose is in lobbying against Open Source. And it wouldn't be
    > the first time MS funded a fake organization and persuaded its
    > 'partners' to sign up ...
    >
    > "Microsoft and other software companies are ramping up a lobbying
    > effort that aims to convince governments to think again about adopting
    > open-source software"
    >
    > "The Initiative for Software Choice, which launched quietly in early
    > May, is chaired by an industry body called the Computer Technology
    > Industry Association (CompTIA), but its biggest software industry
    > backer is Microsoft"
    >
    > http://www.news.com/2100-1001-949635.html?tag=fd_top
    >
    > --
    >
    > amicus_curious actually thinks this is something to be proud of ...

    He's a troll. Just ignore him. Every time CompTIA makes an appearance it's in
    order to defend Microsoft and its 'precious' ecosystem. Just watch what IBM's
    Sutor said about them a couple of months ago... I have a lot more references
    to show that they are tightly controlled by the abusive monopoly.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Turn up the jukebox and tell me a lie"
    roy pts/3 cg093a.halls.man Thu Nov 15 08:15 still logged in

  7. Re: [Rival] Vile Microsoft Shill (CompTIA) Used to Praise Bill Gates

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > He's a troll. Just ignore him. Every time CompTIA makes an appearance
    > it's in order to defend Microsoft and its 'precious' ecosystem.

    It is precious, because it's worldwide and many millions of people depend on
    the many excellent MS products. Linux/OSS isn't nearly good enough to
    destroy it.

    > Just
    > watch what IBM's Sutor said about them a couple of months ago... I
    > have a lot more references to show that they are tightly controlled
    > by the abusive monopoly.

    Yeah, we all know what a Roy Schestowitz "reference" is: a lie wrapped
    around a distortion.

  8. Re: [Rival] Vile Microsoft Shill (CompTIA) Used to Praise Bill Gates

    "Doug Mentohl" wrote in message
    > On Nov 14, 9:06 pm, "amicus_curious" wrote:
    >
    >> Imagine a Microsoft lobbying arm in disguise serving as "the voice of the
    >> world's $1 trillion-plus IT industry"! You can all quit right now.- Hide
    >> quoted text -

    > We don't have to imagine it and it isn't serving the IT industry, its
    > primary purpose is in lobbying against Open Source. And it wouldn't be
    > the first time MS funded a fake organization and persuaded its
    > 'partners' to sign up ...

    Well, you have to give them credit for their foresight in any case.
    Imagine, they funded CompTIA ten years before Linux even showed up as a
    hobby horse! No wonder that Gates is so rich. He must have a time machine.

    > "Microsoft and other software companies are ramping up a lobbying
    > effort that aims to convince governments to think again about adopting
    > open-source software"
    >
    > "The Initiative for Software Choice, which launched quietly in early
    > May, is chaired by an industry body called the Computer Technology
    > Industry Association (CompTIA), but its biggest software industry
    > backer is Microsoft"
    >
    > http://www.news.com/2100-1001-949635.html?tag=fd_top
    >
    > --
    >
    > amicus_curious actually thinks this is something to be proud of ...

    It is just free speech, after all, wouldn't you agree? If, as you say, OSS
    is Mr. Softee's biggest threat, what on earth is wrong with "ramping up a
    lobbying effort that aims to convince governments to think again about
    adopting open-source software"? What you folk want to do is apparently to
    silence any argument or open discussion. I think that most people
    understand that you have a losing position and are trying to upset the game
    board in a childish rage.

  9. Re: [Rival] Vile Microsoft Shill (CompTIA) Used to Praise Bill Gates

    amicus_curious wrote:

    > It is just free speech, after all, wouldn't you agree? ..

    No it's a sad and desperate act of a mediocre company who can't
    compete in the market place, remember the level playing field you
    refered to a while. Similarly in the Nigerian deal, after the fact and
    after the deal was done, Ballmer sends in one of his goons to bribe
    the Government.

    You equating these acts with free-speach only tells us what you are ...

+ Reply to Thread