Red Hat has back-ported Areca fully series SAS and SATA RAID driver into Red
Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Areca Technology Corporation (ARECA), today announced that their SAS and SATA
| ll RAID drivers have been integrated directly into the Red Hat 5.1 (and
| later), allowing future versions of RHEL operating systems to support Areca's
| entire family PCI-X and PCI-Express series of high performance SAS and SATA
| ll RAID controllers.
`----

http://www.techmessenger.com/Areca-S...071112001.html

NetXen's 10-Gigabit RDMA Upgrade Moves High Performance Computing Clusters Into
Mainstream

,----[ Quote ]
| Support for the OFED 1.2 software stack is already integrated into major
| versions of Linux distributions from Novell and Red Hat, making the NetXen
| RDMA approach a "plug-and-play" solution for Linux users.
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...e,221151.shtml

BitDefender: BitDefender Approved for Compliance with Linux Operating Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| Technology Partnerships with Red Hat and Novel Confirm Compatibility with
| Linux Operating Systems...
`----

http://www.stockhouse.ca/news/news.a...newsid=6208529

BitDefender approved to defend RedHat & Novell Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| BitDefender's security products for mail servers and for Samba have been
| approved for compliance with Red Hat's and Novell's SuSe Linux operating
| systems.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15302/53/

Related:

Red Hat growth: A tale of 2,000 applications

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat's Linux business continues to boom, even when we don't give it the
| credit that it deserves. What is the underlying reason for that growth?
|
| Applications.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9...bj=TheOpenRoad

Linux Will Displace Unix When It Comes To New Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Last month, Gartner analyst George Weiss predicted applications will no
| longer be developed to run on Unix.
|
| [...]
|
| Linux has its roots in Unix and is POSIX compliant, so converting a new
| application from one to the other will always be possible.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...onth_gart.html

IBM Achieves Major "Linux on POWER" Milestone

,----[ Quote ]
| The number of tested, native applications available for the Linux on
| POWER platform has grown more than 200 percent in the last two years,
| marking it as a fast-developing new IT ecosystem.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/061201/0190250.html

Study: Developers Favor Linux

,----[ Quote ]