Windows infects Seagate ... - Linux

This is a discussion on Windows infects Seagate ... - Linux ; 'Kaspersky Labs has alerted Seagate to .. an undisclosed number of drives .. might have gone out with a virus, "Virus.Win32.AutoRun.ah", on' http://www.techtree.com/India/News/S...84382-582.html...

  1. Windows infects Seagate ...

    'Kaspersky Labs has alerted Seagate to .. an undisclosed number of
    drives .. might have gone out with a virus, "Virus.Win32.AutoRun.ah",
    on'

    http://www.techtree.com/India/News/S...84382-582.html

  2. Re: Windows infects Seagate ...

    Doug Mentohl wrote:

    > 'Kaspersky Labs has alerted Seagate to .. an undisclosed number of
    > drives .. might have gone out with a virus, "Virus.Win32.AutoRun.ah",
    > on'

    http://www.techtree.com/India/News/S...84382-582.html

    Ok, so you have to rip open your machine, unscrew the drive, look for the
    serial number, search for it on Maxtor's web site. If it is one of the
    infected drives you have to lets see what do you have to do. Ah! got it,
    you have to email Maxtor support.

    Handy tip there.

    I suspect that granny, and others, even if they hear about this, which is
    unlikly, will just sit back and say 'Sod that for a lark, I'll take a
    chance'.

    Thank goodness that for us Linux folk the first thing we have to do with a
    Maxtor is format it. I just did a 400G one as it happens, it takes
    approximately 2000 years to format to ext3, and I have another of the
    buggers to do, it's times like this I wish I'd set them off at the same
    time.

+ Reply to Thread