[News] Novell Keeps Imploding After Collaborating with Sweaty Ballmer - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Novell Keeps Imploding After Collaborating with Sweaty Ballmer - Linux ; Novell Closes Five EMEA Offices ,----[ Quote ] | Novell is closing down its direct sales offices in Israel, Belgium, | Luxembourg, Norway and Turkey `---- http://linux.sys-con.com/read/458976.htm Related: Novell dissolves its Linux Impact Team ,----[ Quote ] | Novell this ...

  1. [News] Novell Keeps Imploding After Collaborating with Sweaty Ballmer

    `----

    http://linux.sys-con.com/read/458976.htm

    Related:

    Novell dissolves its Linux Impact Team

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Novell this week dissolved its Linux Impact Team (LIT), headed by
    | Nancy Faigen, and rolled the members of LIT into the regional
    | sales teams.
    `----

    http://weblog.infoworld.com/openreso..._dissolve.html

  2. Re: [News] Novell Keeps Imploding After Collaborating with Sweaty Ballmer

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > Novell Closes Five EMEA Offices
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Novell is closing down its direct sales offices in Israel, Belgium,
    >| Luxembourg, Norway and Turkey
    > `----
    >
    > http://linux.sys-con.com/read/458976.htm

    They are about to go out of business. Their figures for year before
    last compared to last year show something like an 85% reduction in net
    margin - they *only just* made a profit last year.

    This year, they're being held up by gifts from Microsoft, including from
    the vouchering scheme, and more recently a "settlement" of about $500
    million for Microsoft's attacks on Netware. The odd thing is that if
    Novell had taken it to court, they could well have got themselves
    several billions, but decided not to do so.

    I'm not sure that Novell will be in business in two years time.

  3. Re: [News] Novell Keeps Imploding After Collaborating with Sweaty Ballmer

    ____/ Mark Kent on Monday 12 November 2007 12:32 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> Novell Closes Five EMEA Offices
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Novell is closing down its direct sales offices in Israel, Belgium,
    >>| Luxembourg, Norway and Turkey
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://linux.sys-con.com/read/458976.htm
    >>

    > They are about to go out of business. Their figures for year before
    > last compared to last year show something like an 85% reduction in net
    > margin - they *only just* made a profit last year.
    >
    > This year, they're being held up by gifts from Microsoft, including from
    > the vouchering scheme, and more recently a "settlement" of about $500
    > million for Microsoft's attacks on Netware. The odd thing is that if
    > Novell had taken it to court, they could well have got themselves
    > several billions, but decided not to do so.
    >
    > I'm not sure that Novell will be in business in two years time.

    It will take longer. 1,100 people are bound to lose their job soon, according
    to rumours.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Othello for free: http://othellomaster.com