Linux on half of all new servers? Red Hat's got plans

,----[ Quote ]
| The Amazon partnership is part of Red Hat's Linux Automation initiative to
| make it easier for companies to deploy Linux applications. With it, Red Hat
| will have its version of Linux powering over half of the world's new servers
| by 2015 while doubling its current market share, says Scott Crenshaw, Red
| Hat's VP of enterprise Linux business.
`----

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/NewsSt...px?story=64797

DisinformationWeek once again cites IDC's FUD (probably the
Microsoft-funded 'study'... funded in disguise, as usual).

Related:

Red Hat Pits Itself Against VMware

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat’s new goal is to underpin 50% of the world’s servers by 2015.
|
| And since virtualization is projected to take over the world by then that’s a
| lot of Xen virtualization – and there’s no extra cost in it like there is
| with VMware since it’s bundled with RHEL. (Red Hat’s telling people they’ll
| save $20,000-$30,000 a server.) * *
`----

http://www.clientservernews.com/

Red Hat, Research In Motion lead early tech gains

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat, Research In Motion lead early tech gains Red Hat Inc. shares rose 66
| cents, or 3.7%, to $19.60 after the open-source software developer on Tuesday
| reported a 65% increase in its second-quarter earning due to strong sales of
| its Linux operating system software. *
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Stor...yhoo&dist=yhoo

Red Hat sees FY07 greater China sales up 100 pct

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articl...mktNews&rpc=44
http://tinyurl.com/rdrsg