Bureau warns on tainted discs

,----[ Quote ]
| Around 1,800 of the portable Maxtor hard discs, produced in Thailand, carried
| two Trojan horse viruses: autorun.inf and ghost.pif, the bureau under the
| Ministry of Justice said.

Not the first such incident. The same goes for USB drives (big issue in voting
machines and possibly the cause of colossal information thefts).

Boot virus shipped on German laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| According to German sources, anywhere between 10,000 and 100,000 systems may
| be infected...

USB flash drive worm arrives

,----[ Quote ]
| The LiarVB-A worm hunts for removable drives such as floppy disks and
| USB memory sticks and then creates a hidden file called autorun.inf to
| ensure a copy of the worm is run the next time it is connected to a
| Windows PC.

Hackers debut malware loaded USB ruse

,----[ Quote ]
| Malware purveyors deliberately left USB sticks loaded with a Trojan
| in a London car park in a bid to trick users into getting infected.

Security Experts Warn of a Worm Creeping into PCs Via USB Ports

,----[ Quote ]
| Security Experts at MicroWorld Technologies has warned of increased
| occurrences of a Worm with Trojan potentials, which has been
| infecting Enterprise systems and home PCs for the past two weeks.

Spyware infection prompts McDonalds MP3 recall

,----[ Quote ]
| Users who connected the McDonalds-branded MP3 player to their
| Windows PC were exposed to spyware code programmed to transmit
| their web passwords and other sensitive information to hackers.

How can I get valuable documents off a virus-infected flash drive?

,----[ Quote ]
| What a problem! It's scary just to plug in such a dangerous drive.
| Since most malware is operating system specific, use a non-Windows computer,
| such as a Mac or a Linux machine.
| Put Linux on Your Machine
| Various versions of Linux, referred to as Linux Live, can boot from a CD or
| flash drive. Use Puppy Linux. It's free (not unusual for Linux), small, and
| very easy to set up on a CD. Putting it onto a flash drive isn't hard,
| either.

Is Vista stupid (or is it me)?

,----[ Quote ]
| XP was smarter than this. So I ask again: Is Vista stupid or is it me?

Small Number of Video iPods Shipped With Windows Virus

,----[ Quote ]
| We recently discovered that a small number - less
| than 1% - of the Video iPods available for purchase
| after September 12, 2006, left our contract manufacturer
| carrying the Windows RavMonE.exe virus. This known
| virus affects only Windows computers...

Apple blames Windows for iPod virus

,----[ Quote ]