Feature plans for Fedora 9

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 8 is out now and plans for Fedora 9 are made. The feature list is
| already in place and contains several entries.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/1...-for-fedora-9/

RPM Fusion for Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| Time will tell if RPM Fusion will live up to its own expectations and will be
| able to provide a consistent and fully working 3rd party repository for
| Fedora 9 or even Fedora 8.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/1...on-for-fedora/

Red Hat is yet to /truly/ enter the desktop arena. Soon, very soon (see below).

Related:

Fedora 9 Release Planning Begins

,----[ Quote ]
| In traditional fashion, this next Fedora release should arrive in May of
| 2008 -- meaning that it will run head-to-head with Ubuntu 8.04 LTS "Hardy
| Heron". *
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjE4MA

Fedora 9 features list unveiled

,----[ Quote ]
| This is my first class at the features list, I’ll probably go deeper into it.
`----

http://paulsdigitalworld.wordpress.c...list-unveiled/

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/FeatureList

Red Hat Preps Desktop Blitz, Regional Events

,----[ Quote ]
| The VAR Guy hears. After focusing mainly on x86 servers in recent years, Red
| Hat will move both downstream and upstream while rallying partners at
| regional events later this year. *
`----

http://techiqmag.com/2007/03/22/red-...artner-events/

Red Hat Global Desktop to appear in November

,----[ Quote ]
| When Red Hat announced its upcoming Linux desktop at its annual summit in
| May, the company predicted the Red Hat Global Desktop would be out by
| September. Now, delayed a bit, the new desktop Linux will be appearing in
| November, company executives are saying. *
`----

Red Hat Offers Global Desktop for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| With Red Hat launching a new Linux-based desktop operating system,
| called Global Desktop for Linux, one analyst is saying the software
| could be "huge" for Linux, particularly in developing countries that
| haven't gone the Microsoft Windows route. Red Hat's Global Desktop
| for Linux is a commercial spinoff of the One Laptop Per Child project.
`----

http://www.newsfactor.com/news/Red-H...d=0110001A6OI0

Red Hat small business desktops available in Australia early 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Mr Riveros, Red Hat's new Linux desktop release will be easy to
| implement by small businesses with no Linux expertise in house and will
| require less security knowledge than for Microsoft Windows. *
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/13943/53/

Dell beefs up Precision portable workstation line

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09...ecision_m6300/