Superbug succeeds by blowing up defender cells, scientists learn - Linux

This is a discussion on Superbug succeeds by blowing up defender cells, scientists learn - Linux ; WASHINGTON (AP) -- The aggressive antibiotic-resistant staph infection responsible for thousands of recent illnesses undermines the body's defenses by causing germ-fighting cells to explode, researchers reported Sunday. Experts say the findings may help lead to better treatments. [...] http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/11/11....ap/index.html -Ramon...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Superbug succeeds by blowing up defender cells, scientists learn

  1. Superbug succeeds by blowing up defender cells, scientists learn


    WASHINGTON (AP) -- The aggressive antibiotic-resistant staph infection
    responsible for thousands of recent illnesses undermines the body's
    defenses by causing germ-fighting cells to explode, researchers
    reported Sunday. Experts say the findings may help lead to better
    treatments.

    [...]

    http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/11/11....ap/index.html

    -Ramon


  2. Re: Superbug succeeds by blowing up defender cells, scientists learn

    On 11 Nov, 21:10, Ramon F Herrera wrote:

    > The aggressive antibiotic-resistant staph infection responsible for thousands of recent illnesses undermines the body's defenses ..


    By any chance, did these germ-fighting cells run on DOT.net. The main
    cause of these antibiotic-resistant bugs is the excessive use of
    antibiotics in hospitals. Once you kill off 90% of the bugs the
    ramaining resistant ones re-occupy the vacent space in the ecosystem.


  3. Re: Superbug succeeds by blowing up defender cells, scientists learn

    On Nov 11, 5:17 pm, Doug Mentohl wrote:
    > On 11 Nov, 21:10, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >
    > > The aggressive antibiotic-resistant staph infection responsible for thousands of recent illnesses undermines the body's defenses ..

    >
    > By any chance, did these germ-fighting cells run on DOT.net. The main
    > cause of these antibiotic-resistant bugs is the excessive use of
    > antibiotics in hospitals. Once you kill off 90% of the bugs the
    > ramaining resistant ones re-occupy the vacent space in the ecosystem.


    I was just discussing with a friend who is critical of the capitalist
    system. My point was that at least in capitalism we have the abilities
    to impose remedies when unruly organizations grow out of hand, not
    unlike malignant tumors.

    Organizations such as Microsoft become superbugs because they are able
    to undermine the body's defenses. The State of Massachusetts and so
    many others have tried to defend themselves, to no avail because the
    superbug is able to bribe and make the defender (2 MA CIOs) explode.

    -Ramon



  4. Re: Superbug succeeds by blowing up defender cells, scientists learn


    "Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message
    news:1194824354.665766.199770@o80g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
    >
    > Organizations such as Microsoft become superbugs because they are able
    > to undermine the body's defenses. The State of Massachusetts and so
    > many others have tried to defend themselves, to no avail because the
    > superbug is able to bribe and make the defender (2 MA CIOs) explode.
    >

    If you had the experiences that you claim then you would know that the Mass
    statehouse is so incredibly corrupt that the CIO's didn't get ground up by
    Microsoft, they got ground up by the Mass statehouse organization for trying
    to screw with the purchasing system maintained there.


  5. Re: Superbug succeeds by blowing up defender cells, scientists learn

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Ramon F Herrera belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Nov 11, 5:17 pm, Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >> On 11 Nov, 21:10, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >>
    >> > The aggressive antibiotic-resistant staph infection responsible for thousands of recent illnesses undermines the body's defenses ..

    >>
    >> By any chance, did these germ-fighting cells run on DOT.net. The main
    >> cause of these antibiotic-resistant bugs is the excessive use of
    >> antibiotics in hospitals. Once you kill off 90% of the bugs the
    >> ramaining resistant ones re-occupy the vacent space in the ecosystem.

    >
    > I was just discussing with a friend who is critical of the capitalist
    > system. My point was that at least in capitalism we have the abilities
    > to impose remedies when unruly organizations grow out of hand, not
    > unlike malignant tumors.
    >
    > Organizations such as Microsoft become superbugs because they are able
    > to undermine the body's defenses. The State of Massachusetts and so
    > many others have tried to defend themselves, to no avail because the
    > superbug is able to bribe and make the defender (2 MA CIOs) explode.


    Microsoft is a cancer!


  6. Re: Superbug succeeds by blowing up defender cells, scientists learn

    On 12 Nov, 01:51, one of fuddies other aliases "amicus_curious"
    wrote:

    > Mass statehouse .. got ground up by the Mass statehouse organization for trying to screw with the purchasing system maintained there.


    Do you have any unbiased sources for this fantasy, or did you just
    make it up. Who are all these corrupt officials at Mass statehouse,
    have you informed the FBI ..


+ Reply to Thread