Wow... - Linux

This is a discussion on Wow... - Linux ; http://news.netcraft.com/archives/20...er_survey.html There is now a 10% difference between IIS and Apache according to Netcraft. In "active" sites (ie sites that have unique content, not parked domains) the gap is even small, at about 7%. I still think netcraft's numbers are ...

  1. Wow...

    http://news.netcraft.com/archives/20...er_survey.html

    There is now a 10% difference between IIS and Apache according to Netcraft.
    In "active" sites (ie sites that have unique content, not parked domains)
    the gap is even small, at about 7%.

    I still think netcraft's numbers are meaningless in terms of market share,
    but it's still telling that IIS is gaining more and more popularity despite
    licensing fees for Windows.

  2. Re: Wow...

    "Erik Funkenbusch" wrote in message
    > http://news.netcraft.com/archives/20...er_survey.html
    >
    > There is now a 10% difference between IIS and Apache according to
    > Netcraft.
    > In "active" sites (ie sites that have unique content, not parked domains)
    > the gap is even small, at about 7%.
    >
    > I still think netcraft's numbers are meaningless in terms of market share,
    > but it's still telling that IIS is gaining more and more popularity
    > despite
    > licensing fees for Windows.

    Due to the growing use of .NET technologies

+ Reply to Thread