=?UTF-8?B?VGhlcmXigJlz?= Nothing Wrong with Windows Vista - trust him. He's a geek - Linux

This is a discussion on =?UTF-8?B?VGhlcmXigJlz?= Nothing Wrong with Windows Vista - trust him. He's a geek - Linux ; http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/11/10/...windows-vista/ -- Microsoft Windows - The art of incompetence....

  1. =?UTF-8?B?VGhlcmXigJlz?= Nothing Wrong with Windows Vista - trust him. He's a geek

    http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/11/10/...windows-vista/
    --
    Microsoft Windows - The art of incompetence.

  2. Re: =?UTF-8?B?VGhlcmXigJlzIE5vdGhpbmcgV3Jvbmcgd2l0aCBXaW5kb3 dzIFY=?==?UTF-8?B?aXN0YSAtIHRydXN0IGhpbS4gSGUncyBhIGdlZWs=?=

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/11/10/...windows-vista/

    LOL!

    http://linux.sys-con.com/read/382946.htm

    After Ubuntu, Windows Looks Increasingly Bad, Increasingly
    Archaic, Increasingly Unfriendly

    The Changing Trajectory of Software
    By: Paul Nowak
    Nov. 4, 2007 07:00 AM

    My recent switch to a single-boot Ubuntu setup on my Thinkpad T60
    simply floors me on a regular basis. Most recently it's had to do
    with the experience of maintaining the software. Fresh from a
    very long Windows 2000 experience and a four-month Windows XP
    experience along with a long-time Linux sys admin role puts me in
    a great position to assess Ubuntu. Three prior attempts over the
    years at using Linux as my daily desktop OS had me primed for
    failure. Well, Ubuntu takes Linux where I've long hoped it would
    go - easy to use, reliable, dependable, great applications too
    but more on that later. It has some elegance to it - bet you
    never heard that about a Linux desktop before.
    In sum, what's changing about software? The installation,
    maintenance, and use of software in Windows have become a burden.
    A huge burden. And I don't think the average Windows user
    realizes how much out of their way they are going to keep their
    Windows PCs working. Windows challenges users and makes for a
    very expensive user experience in time and dollars if users
    follow the book and use the latest virus protection, keep that
    protection updated, and avoid the pitfalls that are squarely on
    the path that normal users use. In the best case, you end up with
    a machine that has a lot of crapware installed on it and is slow
    and clunky to use. In the more typical case, you end up with a
    machine that spirals to a grinding halt over six to 12 months -
    like the T43 I'm working on right now. A machine that has trouble
    opening an Excel file in three minutes because it has so much
    software competing for disk access and CPU cycles.
    --
    HPT

  3. Re: =?UTF-8?B?VGhlcmXigJlz?= Nothing Wrong with Windows Vista - trust him. He's a geek

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/11/10/...windows-vista/

    Nice one..
    Jem..

  4. =?UTF-8?Q?Re:_There=E2=80=99s_Nothing_Wrong_with_W?==?UT F-8?Q?indows_Vista_-_trust_him._He's_a?==?UTF-8?Q?_geek?=

    "Peter Köhlmann" schreef in bericht
    > http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/11/10/...windows-vista/

    Oops, no time for your ****wittery Peter, 1 of Ubutus 20 crashreports today
    came up!
    http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorb...ash_report.png
    --
    Congratulatons Peter, your in two blogs now:
    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

    "Linux is perfect at everything"; Peter Köhlmann: "It is"
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....&output=gplain
    "Linux makes you dumb"
    BWAHAHAHAHAAAAH!

+ Reply to Thread