Asus to launch desktop Eee PC next year

,----[ Quote ]
| Asustek is developing a desktop version of its ultra-compact Linux-based
| laptop, the Eee PC, the company's marketing chief has said. It wants to get
| the mini machine into shops sometime next year.

Ubuntu 7.10 Gibbon swings on the Asus Eee

,----[ Quote ]
| The Gibbonfest continues. We've just had an Asus Eee in to look at - the £220
| laptop that everyone who's seen it is going to buy. It's one of the hottest
| things in the office this year: the combination of the insanely low price
| tag, the perfectly functional specification (512MB RAM, 4GB internal flash
| SSD, wi-fi, real keyboard, VGA display) and its extreme portability makes it
| an instant hit. * *

Asustek's EEE now expected in October

,----[ Quote ]
| There are likely to be around four or five different configurations, and the
| highly specced model will cost very much more than the slated $239.

Second-generation Asus Eee PC Mini Laptop Coming in April 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Asus will release the second Generation of Eee PC mini laptops in April 2008.
| The second-generation Eee PC laptops feature higher Intel's Merom processors
| (now Eee PC uses Intel Celeron M to 900 MHz). Also, Asus will reduce the
| power consumption of the next-generation laptops from 11W TDP down to 7W TDP. *

Asustek to Launch Low-Price Computer

,----[ Quote ]
| The laptop, which will run the Linux operating system, will carry the
| company's ASUS brand.

News Corp undecided on making free

,----[ Quote ]
| "It would be a very expensive thing to do in the short term," Murdoch told
| analysts on a telephone conference call to discuss News Corp's quarterly
| earnings. "In the long term, it may be a wonderful thing to do, but we're
| looking at it very closely." *

UMPC expected to spawn family of devices

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux could still be well-represented in In-Stat's future UMD findings,
| however, if the current buzz around Linux- and Intel-based MIDs (mobile
| Internet devices) holds up. Currently, Red Flag, Ubuntu, and Gnome are among
| the open source software projects working on versions of their software
| specially aimed at mobile devices. * *

Asus Eee PC Price Hike, Limited Launch Next Month

,----[ Quote ]
| Citing anonymous sources at the company, DigiTimes is reporting that Asus
| will begin shipping the Eee PC in September in four different configurations
| priced at $200, $240, $350, and $370. Exactly what these configurations will
| be is not yet known. *

Asus to Start Shipping Eee PC in September.

,----[ Quote ]
| However, as the production increases, more affordable models should become
| widely available also. In 2007 they intend to ship 500,000 units of this
| series, and in 2008 the production should hit 3-5 mln units. *

$199 Linux Laptop Tantalizes Before Official Launch

,----[ Quote ]