Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It - Linux ; On 10 Nov, 20:41, Mark Kent wrote: > Roy Schestowitz espoused: > > > Lessons from Africa: How to Kill Your Own FUD > > > ,----[ Quote ] > >| So, even as Microsoft claims superior quality over Linux, ...

  1. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It

    On 10 Nov, 20:41, Mark Kent wrote:
    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >
    > > Lessons from Africa: How to Kill Your Own FUD

    > > ,----[ Quote ]
    > >| So, even as Microsoft claims superior quality over Linux, they act as if they
    > >| don't even buy their own FUD. If they really believed that Windows was
    > >| superior to Linux, they wouldn't have to bribe people with ?marketing help?
    > >| to get them to choose Windows.
    > > `----

    > >http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story...09-030-26-OP-M...

    > > There. From the editor of Linux Today. Bribery indeed.

    > We all know what it is. 'Cept Kier, Erik, Timmy...

    Mark, why are you making all these anti-Kier comments? I just used
    Google Groups to look at his recent posting record, and he has been
    posting pretty consistently pro-Linux, anti-FUD, anti-troll.

    He has recently criticized Roy for inaccuracy. But surely that can't
    be why you're dissing him! Inaccuracy is bad, after all...

  2. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It

    dapunka wrote:

    > He has recently criticized Roy for inaccuracy.

    s/inaccuracy/lying multiple times every day.

  3. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 13:53:22 -0800, dapunka wrote:

    > Mark, why are you making all these anti-Kier comments? I just used
    > Google Groups to look at his recent posting record, and he has been
    > posting pretty consistently pro-Linux, anti-FUD, anti-troll.
    >
    > He has recently criticized Roy for inaccuracy. But surely that can't
    > be why you're dissing him! Inaccuracy is bad, after all...

    Careful there dapunka, you don't want Mark and Roy to black-ball you, now
    do you? Questioning them, no matter how wrong they are, is tantamount to
    herasy. You must have the one true Linux religion, willing to support the
    cause no matter the circumstances, or you're an enemy of the state.

  4. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It

    dapunka espoused:
    > On 10 Nov, 20:41, Mark Kent wrote:
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>
    >> > Lessons from Africa: How to Kill Your Own FUD

    >> > ,----[ Quote ]
    >> > `----

    >> >http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story...09-030-26-OP-M...

    >> > There. From the editor of Linux Today. Bribery indeed.

    >> We all know what it is. 'Cept Kier, Erik, Timmy...

    > Mark, why are you making all these anti-Kier comments? I just used
    > Google Groups to look at his recent posting record, and he has been
    > posting pretty consistently pro-Linux, anti-FUD, anti-troll.

    > He has recently criticized Roy for inaccuracy. But surely that can't
    > be why you're dissing him! Inaccuracy is bad, after all...

    Roy wasn't inaccurate.

    Kier is extremely good at what he does. Take a careful look at pretty
    much every discussion regarding Microsoft and corruption, and see what
    position Kier takes. It's consistent, and it's pro-Microsoft.
    Similarly, take almost any debate where Microsoft is criticised, and
    you'll see the same thing.

    The issue is that to see what he's doing, you need to look at his
    performance over many many months to see it. I know several others
    who've quite independently reached the same conclusions.

    Of course, if you can show me a posting where Kier is trotting up and
    publicly stating that Microsoft have been caught in the process of
    corruption and bribery, then I'll consider changing my viewpoint, but,
    you know what? I don't think you'll ever find any such posting.

  5. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It

    Erik Funkenbusch espoused:
    > On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 13:53:22 -0800, dapunka wrote:
    >
    >> Mark, why are you making all these anti-Kier comments? I just used
    >> Google Groups to look at his recent posting record, and he has been
    >> posting pretty consistently pro-Linux, anti-FUD, anti-troll.
    >>
    >> He has recently criticized Roy for inaccuracy. But surely that can't
    >> be why you're dissing him! Inaccuracy is bad, after all...

    > Careful there dapunka, you don't want Mark and Roy to black-ball you, now
    > do you? Questioning them, no matter how wrong they are, is tantamount to
    > herasy. You must have the one true Linux religion, willing to support the
    > cause no matter the circumstances, or you're an enemy of the state.

    It's also worth noting that when your allies are people like DFS and
    Erik, then it's a good indication that you're on the wrong track.

    Of course, Erik could one day actually attempt to respect the charter
    and faq of this group, but I suspect this is unlikely.

  6. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > dapunka espoused:
    >> On 10 Nov, 20:41, Mark Kent wrote:
    >>> Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    >http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story...09-030-26-OP-M...

    >>> We all know what it is. 'Cept Kier, Erik, Timmy...

    >> Mark, why are you making all these anti-Kier comments? I just used
    >> Google Groups to look at his recent posting record, and he has been
    >> posting pretty consistently pro-Linux, anti-FUD, anti-troll.

    >> He has recently criticized Roy for inaccuracy. But surely that can't
    >> be why you're dissing him! Inaccuracy is bad, after all...

    > Roy wasn't inaccurate.

    He was. Several times

    < snip more Mark K idiocy >
    --
    There are two kinds of people in this world: the kind that divides
    everybody into two kinds of people, and everybody else

  7. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 23:14:57 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

    > dapunka espoused:
    >> On 10 Nov, 20:41, Mark Kent wrote:
    >>> Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    >>> We all know what it is. 'Cept Kier, Erik, Timmy...

    >> Mark, why are you making all these anti-Kier comments? I just used
    >> Google Groups to look at his recent posting record, and he has been
    >> posting pretty consistently pro-Linux, anti-FUD, anti-troll.

    >> He has recently criticized Roy for inaccuracy. But surely that can't
    >> be why you're dissing him! Inaccuracy is bad, after all...

    > Roy wasn't inaccurate.

    Yes, he was.

    > Kier is extremely good at what he does. Take a careful look at pretty
    > much every discussion regarding Microsoft and corruption, and see what
    > position Kier takes. It's consistent, and it's pro-Microsoft.
    > Similarly, take almost any debate where Microsoft is criticised, and
    > you'll see the same thing.

    You are ****ing INSANE. I am NOT 'pro Microsoft'. I dislike much of what
    they are doing. Just not all of what they are doing.

    > The issue is that to see what he's doing, you need to look at his
    > performance over many many months to see it. I know several others
    > who've quite independently reached the same conclusions.

    Like who? Your pal [H]omer?

    > Of course, if you can show me a posting where Kier is trotting up and
    > publicly stating that Microsoft have been caught in the process of
    > corruption and bribery, then I'll consider changing my viewpoint, but,
    > you know what? I don't think you'll ever find any such posting.

    Why should that be required? Is this some kind of anti-MS club? Funny, I
    thought it was a Linux advocacy group.

    --
    Kier

  8. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It

    ____/ dapunka on Saturday 10 November 2007 21:53 : \____

    > On 10 Nov, 20:41, Mark Kent wrote:
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>
    >> > Lessons from Africa: How to Kill Your Own FUD

    >> > ,----[ Quote ]
    >> > `----

    >> >http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story...09-030-26-OP-M...

    >> > There. From the editor of Linux Today. Bribery indeed.

    >> We all know what it is. 'Cept Kier, Erik, Timmy...

    > Mark, why are you making all these anti-Kier comments? I just used
    > Google Groups to look at his recent posting record, and he has been
    > posting pretty consistently pro-Linux, anti-FUD, anti-troll.
    >
    > He has recently criticized Roy for inaccuracy. But surely that can't
    > be why you're dissing him! Inaccuracy is bad, after all...

    The trolls don't usually find inaccuracies. They spin things to damage one's
    credibility and defending that spin of them isn't the way to go. Mistakes are
    made sometimes, but never deliberately. Please point them out if there's
    found. :-)

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    This sedentary lifestyle on the Net leads to fatigue. And then you wake up.
    Tasks: 111 total, 1 running, 110 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  9. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People toReject It

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > Kier is extremely good at what he does. Take a careful look at pretty
    > much every discussion regarding Microsoft and corruption, and see what
    > position Kier takes. It's consistent, and it's pro-Microsoft.
    > Similarly, take almost any debate where Microsoft is criticised, and
    > you'll see the same thing.

    I don't know about that. The problem that I have with Kier is that he's
    not only a troll-feeder, but he attacks other advocates too much. Note
    that I give him the credit of say "other advocates".

    For example, his criticizing, an plonking, of me. I mean, I can accept
    it just fine if someone doesn't like my style and plonks me. What I have
    a difficult time understanding is how someone would plonk me yet
    routinely respond to garbage like DFS.

  10. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It

    On Nov 10, 7:01 pm, chrisv wrote:
    > Mark Kent wrote:
    > > Kier is extremely good at what he does. Take a careful look at pretty
    > > much every discussion regarding Microsoft and corruption, and see what
    > > position Kier takes. It's consistent, and it's pro-Microsoft.
    > > Similarly, take almost any debate where Microsoft is criticised, and
    > > you'll see the same thing.

    > I don't know about that. The problem that I have with Kier is that he's
    > not only a troll-feeder,

    Toplist of Troll Feeders

    Pos Poster
    Msgs %
    1. Linonut 18
    35
    2. The Ghost In The Machine 15
    28
    3. chrisv 12
    36

  11. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It

    On Nov 10, 11:37 pm, cc wrote:
    > On Nov 10, 7:01 pm, chrisv wrote:
    >
    > > Mark Kent wrote:
    > > > Kier is extremely good at what he does. Take a careful look at pretty
    > > > much every discussion regarding Microsoft and corruption, and see what
    > > > position Kier takes. It's consistent, and it's pro-Microsoft.
    > > > Similarly, take almost any debate where Microsoft is criticised, and
    > > > you'll see the same thing.

    > > I don't know about that. The problem that I have with Kier is that he's
    > > not only a troll-feeder,

    > Toplist of Troll Feeders
    >
    > Pos Poster
    > Msgs %
    > 1. Linonut 18
    > 35
    > 2. The Ghost In The Machine 15
    > 28
    > 3. chrisv 12
    > 36

    Not another one of your stupid lists! Back into your hole! You have
    lost listing privileges!

    Seriously, though. Your lists come across as an attempt to label your
    views as absolute truth. Even if they agree with you, this sort of
    thing might make them object just because you come across as troll-
    like and arrogant. I would express my views in sentence form, not
    lists, and as opinions, not facts, if I were you.

  12. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It

    On Nov 11, 1:39 am, "bmillerjacob...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > On Nov 10, 11:37 pm, cc wrote:

    > > > I don't know about that. The problem that I have with Kier is that he's
    > > > not only a troll-feeder,

    > > Toplist of Troll Feeders

    > > Pos Poster
    > > Msgs %
    > > 1. Linonut 18
    > > 35
    > > 2. The Ghost In The Machine 15
    > > 28
    > > 3. chrisv 12
    > > 36

    > Not another one of your stupid lists! Back into your hole! You have
    > lost listing privileges!

    [H]omer's list, not mine.

  13. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People toReject It

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > Careful there dapunka, you don't want Mark and Roy to black-ball you ..

    this is another of fuddies tactics, tryign to provoke fights amoung people.

  14. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It

    Doug Mentohl espoused:
    > Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    >> Careful there dapunka, you don't want Mark and Roy to black-ball you ..

    > this is another of fuddies tactics, tryign to provoke fights amoung people.

    Indeed.

  15. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It

    ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 11 November 2007 22:10 : \____

    > Doug Mentohl espoused:
    >> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >>
    >>> Careful there dapunka, you don't want Mark and Roy to black-ball you ..

    >> this is another of fuddies tactics, tryign to provoke fights amoung people.

    > Indeed.

    Gary Stewart tried it with the "waterskidoo" nym (and failed).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Windows: innovative VTP technology (Virus Transfer
    Protocol)

  16. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It

    "bmillerjacobson@gmail.com" writes:

    > On Nov 10, 11:37 pm, cc wrote:

    >> > I don't know about that. The problem that I have with Kier is that he's
    >> > not only a troll-feeder,

    >> Toplist of Troll Feeders
    >>
    >> Pos Poster
    >> Msgs %
    >> 1. Linonut 18
    >> 35
    >> 2. The Ghost In The Machine 15
    >> 28
    >> 3. chrisv 12
    >> 36

    > Not another one of your stupid lists! Back into your hole! You have
    > lost listing privileges!

    Err, it isn't his list. Do try and get a clue.

  17. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 11 November 2007 22:10 : \____
    >
    >> Doug Mentohl espoused:

    >>> this is another of fuddies tactics, tryign to provoke fights amoung people.

    >> Indeed.

    > Gary Stewart tried it with the "waterskidoo" nym (and failed).

    I was suspicious at the point where (s)he said "I've heard about this
    group". From whom, I wondered to myself.

  18. Re: Mandriva is So Good That Competitors Have to BRIBE People to Reject It

    ____/ Mark Kent on Monday 12 November 2007 11:45 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 11 November 2007 22:10 : \____
    >>
    >>> Doug Mentohl espoused:

    >>> Indeed.

    >> Gary Stewart tried it with the "waterskidoo" nym (and failed).
    >>

    > I was suspicious at the point where (s)he said "I've heard about this
    > group". From whom, I wondered to myself.

    The other braincells in that other small compartment.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Othello for free: http://othellomaster.com
    run-level 2 2007-10-30 19:49 last=