Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women - Linux ; http://lonien.de/wjl/images/jpg/p200602260034.jpg...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

  1. Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

  2. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:48:05 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > http://lonien.de/wjl/images/jpg/p200602260034.jpg

    YOu may now provide evidence that this discrimination is confined solely
    to the FOSS/Linux community.

    And since they're asking this question, the FOSS/Linux community is
    obviously trying to address the problem.

    The truth is computer geeks of all persuasions tend to be male. It has
    nothing to do with Linux particularly, and your attempt to blacken Linux
    by suggesting that it is shows your continuing dishonesty.

    --
    Kier

  3. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    Kier wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:48:05 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> http://lonien.de/wjl/images/jpg/p200602260034.jpg

    > YOu may now provide evidence that this discrimination is confined
    > solely to the FOSS/Linux community.

    How can I provide evidence for what is not true, and for something I never
    suggested or believed?

    > And since they're asking this question, the FOSS/Linux community is
    > obviously trying to address the problem.
    >
    > The truth is computer geeks of all persuasions tend to be male. It has
    > nothing to do with Linux particularly, and your attempt to blacken
    > Linux by suggesting that it is shows your continuing dishonesty.

    This is you showing your dishonesty. I never suggested such a thing - you
    just have a little Linux/OSS chip on your shoulder.

  4. DFS provides his most pathetic troll attempt yet

    After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > http://lonien.de/wjl/images/jpg/p200602260034.jpg

    And in a related story, Kier bites hard on the bait.

    Found this by backtracing the URL:

    http://wolfgang.lonien.de/

    You know you're German if...

    --
    Tux rox!

  5. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    Linonut wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> http://lonien.de/wjl/images/jpg/p200602260034.jpg

    I don't troll.

    It's the truth. And it shows what kind of evil people Linux
    users are

  6. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:48:05 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > http://lonien.de/wjl/images/jpg/p200602260034.jpg

    What is your problem, jerk?

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 10:49:10 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Kier wrote:
    >> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:48:05 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://lonien.de/wjl/images/jpg/p200602260034.jpg

    >> YOu may now provide evidence that this discrimination is confined
    >> solely to the FOSS/Linux community.

    > How can I provide evidence for what is not true, and for something I never
    > suggested or believed?

    Then why post about Linux in that way?

    >> And since they're asking this question, the FOSS/Linux community is
    >> obviously trying to address the problem.
    >>
    >> The truth is computer geeks of all persuasions tend to be male. It has
    >> nothing to do with Linux particularly, and your attempt to blacken
    >> Linux by suggesting that it is shows your continuing dishonesty.

    > This is you showing your dishonesty. I never suggested such a thing - you
    > just have a little Linux/OSS chip on your shoulder.

    Then why did you post about it all, except to imply - obviously - that
    Linux geeks are in some way different from other geeks in their treatment
    of women?

    Answer: you want to imply that the Linux community mistreats women, and is
    therefore bad.

    --
    Kier

  8. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 11:02:39 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >>
    >>> http://lonien.de/wjl/images/jpg/p200602260034.jpg

    > I don't troll.

    That's an obvious lie.

    > It's the truth. And it shows what kind of evil people Linux
    > users are

    That's merely *your* idiocy.

    --
    Kier

  9. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    Kier wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 10:49:10 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Kier wrote:

    >>> YOu may now provide evidence that this discrimination is confined
    >>> solely to the FOSS/Linux community.

    >> How can I provide evidence for what is not true, and for something I
    >> never suggested or believed?

    > Then why post about Linux in that way?

    I thought the "community" was all about openness?

    Seems you'd rather hide the dirty secret.

    >>> And since they're asking this question, the FOSS/Linux community is
    >>> obviously trying to address the problem.

    Doubt it. Most likely it's a one-woman crusade.

    >>> The truth is computer geeks of all persuasions tend to be male. It
    >>> has nothing to do with Linux particularly, and your attempt to
    >>> blacken Linux by suggesting that it is shows your continuing
    >>> dishonesty.

    >> This is you showing your dishonesty. I never suggested such a thing
    >> - you just have a little Linux/OSS chip on your shoulder.

    > Then why did you post about it all, except to imply - obviously - that
    > Linux geeks are in some way different from other geeks in their
    > treatment of women?
    >
    > Answer: you want to imply that the Linux community mistreats women,
    > and is therefore bad.

    There's nothing to imply. It's a fact the Linux/OSS community discriminates
    against women (according to that slide).

  10. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 12:47:22 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Kier wrote:

    >>> How can I provide evidence for what is not true, and for something I
    >>> never suggested or believed?

    >> Then why post about Linux in that way?

    > I thought the "community" was all about openness?

    This isn't about openness, it's about you trying to smear Linux, by
    implying that it's Linux geeks only who discriminate against women.

    > Seems you'd rather hide the dirty secret.

    What dirty secret?

    > Doubt it. Most likely it's a one-woman crusade.

    How do you make that out?

    >>> This is you showing your dishonesty. I never suggested such a thing
    >>> - you just have a little Linux/OSS chip on your shoulder.

    >> Then why did you post about it all, except to imply - obviously - that
    >> Linux geeks are in some way different from other geeks in their
    >> treatment of women?
    >>
    >> Answer: you want to imply that the Linux community mistreats women,
    >> and is therefore bad.

    > There's nothing to imply. It's a fact the Linux/OSS community discriminates
    > against women (according to that slide).

    So? Unfortunately, it happens, in many walks of life and professions.
    Don't try to pretend it's unique to the Linux community.

    --
    Kier

  11. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >>
    >>> http://lonien.de/wjl/images/jpg/p200602260034.jpg

    > I don't troll.
    >
    > It's the truth. And it shows what kind of evil people Linux
    > users are

    C'mon, man, you're talking crazy talk.

    You should read up on the harassment Bill Gates gave some of his female
    employees, in the early days of Traff-o-Data. I mean, Micro-Soft.

    --
    Tux rox!

  12. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    Kier wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:48:05 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> http://lonien.de/wjl/images/jpg/p200602260034.jpg

    > YOu may now provide evidence that this discrimination is confined solely
    > to the FOSS/Linux community.

    What discrimination?

    Have I missed the text on the screen or what?

    All I can see is a woman sitting on a chair and a Kid, standing in
    front. Probably this woman is a geek her self.

    > And since they're asking this question, the FOSS/Linux community is
    > obviously trying to address the problem.
    >
    > The truth is computer geeks of all persuasions tend to be male.

    Wrong! There is an army of Shee geeks and Shee nerds out there!

    > It has nothing to do with Linux particularly, and your attempt to blacken Linux
    > by suggesting that it is shows your continuing dishonesty.

    Yup, yet totally made up crap by DooFy again.

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  13. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:21:53 +0100, ml2mst wrote:

    > Kier wrote:
    >> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:48:05 -0500, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://lonien.de/wjl/images/jpg/p200602260034.jpg

    >> YOu may now provide evidence that this discrimination is confined solely
    >> to the FOSS/Linux community.

    > What discrimination?
    >
    > Have I missed the text on the screen or what?

    Think you may have.

    > All I can see is a woman sitting on a chair and a Kid, standing in
    > front. Probably this woman is a geek her self.

    Most likely.

    >> And since they're asking this question, the FOSS/Linux community is
    >> obviously trying to address the problem.
    >>
    >> The truth is computer geeks of all persuasions tend to be male.

    > Wrong! There is an army of Shee geeks and Shee nerds out there!

    Of course there is, but it's still a pretty male-dominated biz. Of course,
    that's changing, as it should in the 21st Century.

    >> It has nothing to do with Linux particularly, and your attempt to blacken Linux
    >> by suggesting that it is shows your continuing dishonesty.

    > Yup, yet totally made up crap by DooFy again.

    Mind you, the issue of discrimination in the computer industry is a
    genuine one. If he'd brought it up in a sensible manner, we might have
    discussed it properly.

    --
    Kier

  14. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:44:06 +0000, Kier wrote:

    > On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:21:53 +0100, ml2mst wrote:
    >
    >> Wrong! There is an army of Shee geeks and Shee nerds out there!

    > Of course there is, but it's still a pretty male-dominated biz. Of
    > course, that's changing, as it should in the 21st Century.

    And a proof of change (maybe small, but anyway) is:

    http://www.linuxchix.org/

    --
    Krzysztof Lubanski

  15. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    "made up"? Guess Gerard ****ed you blind and dumb...

    > Mind you, the issue of discrimination in the computer industry is a
    > genuine one. If he'd brought it up in a sensible manner, we might have
    > discussed it properly.

    If I had replaced 'geeks' with 'community' you would have had the same
    head-in-sand reaction.

  16. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 21:52:21 +0000, Krzysztof Lubanski wrote:

    > On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:44:06 +0000, Kier wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:21:53 +0100, ml2mst wrote:
    >>
    >>> Wrong! There is an army of Shee geeks and Shee nerds out there!

    >> Of course there is, but it's still a pretty male-dominated biz. Of
    >> course, that's changing, as it should in the 21st Century.

    > And a proof of change (maybe small, but anyway) is:
    >
    > http://www.linuxchix.org/

    Was aware of it, but thanks anyway. It's cool. Proof that we're evolving :-)

    --
    Kier

  17. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    Krzysztof Lubanski espoused:
    > On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:44:06 +0000, Kier wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:21:53 +0100, ml2mst wrote:
    >>
    >>> Wrong! There is an army of Shee geeks and Shee nerds out there!

    >> Of course there is, but it's still a pretty male-dominated biz. Of
    >> course, that's changing, as it should in the 21st Century.

    > And a proof of change (maybe small, but anyway) is:
    >
    > http://www.linuxchix.org/

    You cannot change brain physiology through politics, though.

  18. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 17:24:53 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Kier wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:21:53 +0100, ml2mst wrote:

    >>> Yup, yet totally made up crap by DooFy again.

    > "made up"? Guess Gerard ****ed you blind and dumb...

    Bigot.

    >> Mind you, the issue of discrimination in the computer industry is a
    >> genuine one. If he'd brought it up in a sensible manner, we might have
    >> discussed it properly.

    > If I had replaced 'geeks' with 'community' you would have had the same
    > head-in-sand reaction.

    Bollocks.

    --
    Kier

  19. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    Kier wrote:

    > Bigot.

    Good going, Kier! Five responses to a worthless troll thread.

  20. Re: Linux/OSS geeks discriminate against women

    Kier wrote:

    >> I don't troll.

    > That's an obvious lie.
    >
    >> It's the truth. And it shows what kind of evil people
    >> Linux users are

    > That's merely *your* idiocy.

    Encouraged by you.

+ Reply to Thread