SCO makes bogus IP claims .. again ... - Linux

This is a discussion on SCO makes bogus IP claims .. again ... - Linux ; Two companies obtained an injunction against SCO requiring them to withdraw the claims in the below letter. SCO has put the letter back on their web site. This article gives the details, it's in German so perhaps fuddie could do ...

  1. SCO makes bogus IP claims .. again ...

    Two companies obtained an injunction against SCO requiring them to
    withdraw the claims in the below letter. SCO has put the letter back on
    their web site. This article gives the details, it's in German so
    perhaps fuddie could do a translation ..

    Last week SCO put the letter online again, and the two companies have
    started new litigation against SCO.

    "SCO has found compelling evidence that the Linux operating system
    contains unauthorized SCO UNIX intellectual property (IP)"

    http://www.sco.com/scosource/letter_to_partners.html

    http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/98732

  2. Re: SCO makes bogus IP claims .. again ...

    On Nov 10, 9:26 am, Doug Mentohl wrote:
    > Two companies obtained an injunction against SCO requiring them to
    > withdraw the claims in the below letter. SCO has put the letter back on
    > their web site. This article gives the details, it's in German so
    > perhaps fuddie could do a translation ..
    >
    > Last week SCO put the letter online again, and the two companies have
    > started new litigation against SCO.
    >
    > "SCO has found compelling evidence that the Linux operating system
    > contains unauthorized SCO UNIX intellectual property (IP)"
    >
    > http://www.sco.com/scosource/letter_to_partners.html
    >
    > http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/98732

    [Darl McBribe:]
    > As many of you are already aware, SCO UNIX systems continue
    > to sell well - including an increase in OpenServer sales over the previous quarter.

    They sold 20 systems last quarter, and this quarter almost 25.

    -Ramon

  3. Re: SCO makes bogus IP claims .. again ...

    ____/ Ramon F Herrera on Saturday 10 November 2007 14:18 : \____

    > On Nov 10, 9:26 am, Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >> Two companies obtained an injunction against SCO requiring them to
    >> withdraw the claims in the below letter. SCO has put the letter back on
    >> their web site. This article gives the details, it's in German so
    >> perhaps fuddie could do a translation ..
    >>
    >> Last week SCO put the letter online again, and the two companies have
    >> started new litigation against SCO.
    >>
    >> "SCO has found compelling evidence that the Linux operating system
    >> contains unauthorized SCO UNIX intellectual property (IP)"
    >>
    >> http://www.sco.com/scosource/letter_to_partners.html
    >>
    >> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/98732

    > [Darl McBribe:]
    >> As many of you are already aware, SCO UNIX systems continue
    >> to sell well - including an increase in OpenServer sales over the previous
    >> quarter.

    > They sold 20 systems last quarter, and this quarter almost 25.

    I thought they had a mobile devices strategy. Ouch. Just 20 lousy cellphones?
    That won't cover the lawyers' fees.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | if ("if"=inv("fi")) print("foo/bar")
    14:20:04 up 10 days, 18:31, 3 users, load average: 2.51, 1.89, 1.69

  4. Re: SCO makes bogus IP claims .. again ...

    On Nov 10, 9:22 am, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:
    > ____/ Ramon F Herrera on Saturday 10 November 2007 14:18 : \____
    >

    > > On Nov 10, 9:26 am, Doug Mentohl wrote:
    > >> Two companies obtained an injunction against SCO requiring them to
    > >> withdraw the claims in the below letter. SCO has put the letter back on
    > >> their web site. This article gives the details, it's in German so
    > >> perhaps fuddie could do a translation ..

    > >> Last week SCO put the letter online again, and the two companies have
    > >> started new litigation against SCO.

    > >> "SCO has found compelling evidence that the Linux operating system
    > >> contains unauthorized SCO UNIX intellectual property (IP)"

    > >>http://www.sco.com/scosource/letter_to_partners.html

    > >>http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/98732

    > > [Darl McBribe:]
    > >> As many of you are already aware, SCO UNIX systems continue
    > >> to sell well - including an increase in OpenServer sales over the previous
    > >> quarter.

    > > They sold 20 systems last quarter, and this quarter almost 25.

    > I thought they had a mobile devices strategy. Ouch. Just 20 lousy cellphones?
    > That won't cover the lawyers' fees.
    >
    > --
    > ~~ Best of wishes
    >
    > Roy S. Schestowitz | if ("if"=inv("fi")) print("foo/bar")http://Schestowitz.com | RHAT Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    > 14:20:04 up 10 days, 18:31, 3 users, load average: 2.51, 1.89, 1.69
    > http://iuron.com- Open Source knowledge engine project

    I believe the Steve Savitvky filk song " High Barratry" says it best:

    http://thestarport.com/Steve_Savitzk.../barratry.html

    Hard to believe they are back to there same old tricks, isn't it?
    I thought they went bankrupt?
    How can they have not learned from how it went last time?

    Kind of makes you question our species as a whole, doesn't it?

  5. Re: SCO makes bogus IP claims .. again ...

    ____/ bmillerjacobson@gmail.com on Sunday 11 November 2007 00:27 : \____

    > On Nov 10, 9:22 am, Roy Schestowitz
    > wrote:
    >> ____/ Ramon F Herrera on Saturday 10 November 2007 14:18 : \____

    >> > [Darl McBribe:]

    >> > They sold 20 systems last quarter, and this quarter almost 25.

    >> I thought they had a mobile devices strategy. Ouch. Just 20 lousy
    >> cellphones? That won't cover the lawyers' fees.
    >>
    >> --
    >> ~~ Best of wishes
    >>
    >> Roy S. Schestowitz | if ("if"=inv("fi"))
    >> print("foo/bar")http://Schestowitz.com | RHAT Linux | PGP-Key:
    >> 0x74572E8E
    >> 14:20:04 up 10 days, 18:31, 3 users, load average: 2.51, 1.89, 1.69
    >> http://iuron.com- Open Source knowledge engine project

    > I believe the Steve Savitvky filk song " High Barratry" says it best:
    >
    > http://thestarport.com/Steve_Savitzk.../barratry.html
    >

    > Hard to believe they are back to there same old tricks, isn't it?
    > I thought they went bankrupt?
    > How can they have not learned from how it went last time?
    >
    > Kind of makes you question our species as a whole, doesn't it?

    Interesting. Never seen it before.

    Audio: http://thestarport.com/Steve_Savitzk...s/barratry.ogg

    "Of a company called S-C-O, the tale I'll briefly tell
    With G-P-L, our software all is free
    Who turned their hands to barratry when software wouldn't sell
    Sailing through the legal straits of High Barratry..."

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Reversi for Linux/Win32: http://othellomaster.com
    Cpu(s): 26.4%us, 4.3%sy, 1.0%ni, 63.8%id, 4.1%wa, 0.2%hi, 0.1%si, 0.0%st

  6. Re: SCO makes bogus IP claims .. again ...

    Doug Mentohl wrote:

    > Two companies obtained an injunction against SCO requiring them to
    > withdraw the claims in the below letter. SCO has put the letter back on
    > their web site. This article gives the details, it's in German so
    > perhaps fuddie could do a translation ..
    >
    > Last week SCO put the letter online again, and the two companies have
    > started new litigation against SCO.
    >

    > "SCO has found compelling evidence that the Linux operating system
    > contains unauthorized SCO UNIX intellectual property (IP)"
    >
    > http://www.sco.com/scosource/letter_to_partners.html
    >
    > http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/98732

    They tend to claw as they go down... drowning that is...

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

+ Reply to Thread