Ubuntu XP and the hotel printer .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Ubuntu XP and the hotel printer .. - Linux ; 'I knew Id most likely be printing this from a Windows machine .. I figure I could just plug it in to the XP machine, click print and go. Well I guess Im so used to Ubuntu that Im giving ...

  1. Ubuntu XP and the hotel printer ..

    'I knew Id most likely be printing this from a Windows machine .. I
    figure I could just plug it in to the XP machine, click print and go.
    Well I guess Im so used to Ubuntu that Im giving Windows XP too much
    credit. Heres how it really went down'

    'I connect the USB drive and it takes a full minute for it to recognize,
    load and let me access the drive .. I notice that it isnt recognizing
    the .pdf file'

    'Just this evening it took me twice as much work to *try* and print
    something, which never worked. Ubuntu just worked go figure'

    http://snipurl.com/1tfb2
    http://www.linuxindex.com/2007/11/08...hotel-printer/

  2. where have all the Linux 'advocates' gone .. ;)

    Doug Mentohl wrote:

    Appariently, nothing that is of interest to anyone here, who is too busy
    talking to a dogs bollix ...

+ Reply to Thread