[OT] Biggest BSOD of All time? - Linux

This is a discussion on [OT] Biggest BSOD of All time? - Linux ; At one of Toronto's locations of The Bay department store, four giant screens have suffered from the infamous Blue Screen of Death for days. You'd think that someone would, I dunno, turn off the freakin' screens. Or, at minimum, there's ...

  1. [OT] Biggest BSOD of All time?

    At one of Toronto's locations of The Bay department store, four giant
    screens have suffered from the infamous Blue Screen of Death for days.
    You'd think that someone would, I dunno, turn off the freakin' screens.
    Or, at minimum, there's gotta be some 2.4gHz nanny cam feed they could
    leech for at least a few days before anyone complained. Because after
    the first 24 hours or so of BSOD, we begin to think that they like the
    aesthetic.
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/toronto/b...ime-320824.php

    .... Think big!

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  2. Re: [OT] Biggest BSOD of All time?

    ____/ ml2mst on Saturday 10 November 2007 11:02 : \____

    > At one of Toronto's locations of The Bay department store, four giant
    > screens have suffered from the infamous Blue Screen of Death for days.
    > You'd think that someone would, I dunno, turn off the freakin' screens.
    > Or, at minimum, there's gotta be some 2.4gHz nanny cam feed they could
    > leech for at least a few days before anyone complained. Because after
    > the first 24 hours or so of BSOD, we begin to think that they like the
    > aesthetic.
    >

    > http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/toronto/b...ime-320824.php
    >
    > ... Think big!

    .... Think about space.

    http://www.divshare.com/download/381178-3ae (GIF animation)

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "This sig seemed like a good idea at the time..."
    Tasks: 112 total, 1 running, 111 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  3. Re: [OT] Biggest OSX BSOD of All time?

    ml2mst wrote:

    > At one of Toronto's locations of The Bay department store, four giant
    > screens have suffered from the infamous Blue Screen of Death for days.
    > You'd think that someone would, I dunno, turn off the freakin'
    > screens. Or, at minimum, there's gotta be some 2.4gHz nanny cam feed
    > they could leech for at least a few days before anyone complained.
    > Because after the first 24 hours or so of BSOD, we begin to think
    > that they like the aesthetic.
    >

    > http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/toronto/b...ime-320824.php
    >
    > ... Think big!

    Fixed the thread title since it was misleading.

    From the comments at your link: "I know, because our company, Digital Signs,
    is in charge of the large panel display system for that venue. That is a OSX
    BSOD I'm afraid."

  4. Re: [OT] Biggest OSX BSOD of All time?

    DFS wrote:

    > ml2mst wrote:
    >>

    >> At one of Toronto's locations of The Bay department store, four giant
    >> screens have suffered from the infamous Blue Screen of Death for days.
    >> You'd think that someone would, I dunno, turn off the freakin'
    >> screens. Or, at minimum, there's gotta be some 2.4gHz nanny cam feed
    >> they could leech for at least a few days before anyone complained.
    >> Because after the first 24 hours or so of BSOD, we begin to think
    >> that they like the aesthetic.
    >>

    >> http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/toronto/b...ime-320824.php
    >>
    >> ... Think big!

    > Fixed the thread title since it was misleading.
    >
    > From the comments at your link: "I know, because our company, Digital
    > Signs, is in charge of the large panel display system for that venue. That
    > is a OSX BSOD I'm afraid."

    I re-read the original post, read the article it pointed to... nowhere does
    it mention an OS of any breed... So why MUST you point out that this is an
    OSX BSOD?? You self-conscience of something?

    It sure is strange that OSX and WINDOWS both demonstrate a similar BSOD. But
    then again, it shouldn't be to surprising.

    "WINDOWS AND OSX, DO NOT USE IN MISSION CRITICAL SITUATIONS!"...

    You gotta' love this stuff...

    "WINDOWS AND OSX... THE STATE OF THE ART IN BLUE SCREENING..."

    "WINDOWS AND OSX AND THEIR AESTHETICLY APPEALING BLUE AFTERGLOW..."

    I didn't know OSX had a WOW factor too... and it was only showing
    advertizing at the time...

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  5. Re: [OT] Biggest BSOD of All time?

    ml2mst wrote:

    > At one of Toronto's locations of The Bay department store, four giant
    > screens have suffered from the infamous Blue Screen of Death for days.
    > You'd think that someone would, I dunno, turn off the freakin' screens.
    > Or, at minimum, there's gotta be some 2.4gHz nanny cam feed they could
    > leech for at least a few days before anyone complained. Because after
    > the first 24 hours or so of BSOD, we begin to think that they like the
    > aesthetic.
    >

    > http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/toronto/b...ime-320824.php
    >
    > ... Think big!

    Turning off the screen whilst its displaying BSOD invalidates
    your PISTA EULA. BSOD is a feature not a bug.
    Removing or interfering with your features is tantamount to
    to interfering with your EULA.
    Whilst everyone may feel the necessity for you the EULA agreer to
    interfere with your EULA as justifiable, it constitutes
    an infringement of an undisclosed number of patents that Micoshaft
    have on EULA interference.

    Just by thinking about turning off the BSOD screen you are
    carrying an undisclosed liability in your books.

  6. Re: [OT] Biggest BSOD of All time?

    Roy Schestowitz schreef:
    > ____/ ml2mst on Saturday 10 November 2007 11:02 : \____
    >

    >> At one of Toronto's locations of The Bay department store, four giant
    >> screens have suffered from the infamous Blue Screen of Death for days.
    >> You'd think that someone would, I dunno, turn off the freakin' screens.
    >> Or, at minimum, there's gotta be some 2.4gHz nanny cam feed they could
    >> leech for at least a few days before anyone complained. Because after
    >> the first 24 hours or so of BSOD, we begin to think that they like the
    >> aesthetic.
    >>

    >> http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/toronto/b...ime-320824.php
    >>
    >> ... Think big!

    > ... Think about space.

    Uh, pigs (Micros~1) in space?

    > http://www.divshare.com/download/381178-3ae (GIF animation)

    Bwah ha ha ha :-)

    If I'm not misinformed NASA uses and even supports GNU/Linux. Thank
    goodness.

    Just imagine what could happen if one of the main computers in the space
    shuttle crashes into such a BSoD... The Horror!

    I' m wondering if the Windows fanboys ever thought about the consequences.

    :-(

    Cheers

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  7. Re: [OT] Biggest BSOD of All time?

    ____/ ml2mst on Saturday 10 November 2007 19:48 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz schreef:
    >> ____/ ml2mst on Saturday 10 November 2007 11:02 : \____
    >>

    >>> At one of Toronto's locations of The Bay department store, four giant
    >>> screens have suffered from the infamous Blue Screen of Death for days.
    >>> You'd think that someone would, I dunno, turn off the freakin' screens.
    >>> Or, at minimum, there's gotta be some 2.4gHz nanny cam feed they could
    >>> leech for at least a few days before anyone complained. Because after
    >>> the first 24 hours or so of BSOD, we begin to think that they like the
    >>> aesthetic.
    >>>

    >>> http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/toronto/b...ime-320824.php
    >>>
    >>> ... Think big!

    >> ... Think about space.

    > Uh, pigs (Micros~1) in space?
    >

    >> http://www.divshare.com/download/381178-3ae (GIF animation)
    >>

    > Bwah ha ha ha :-)
    >
    > If I'm not misinformed NASA uses and even supports GNU/Linux. Thank
    > goodness.
    >
    > Just imagine what could happen if one of the main computers in the space
    > shuttle crashes into such a BSoD... The Horror!
    >
    > I' m wondering if the Windows fanboys ever thought about the consequences.

    No, no... it's the hardware's fault. Mr. Data needs to get the latest GPU
    driver (binary blob) for that touch-sensitive display.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Apprentice - fancy word for "slave"
    run-level 2 2007-10-30 19:49 last=

  8. Re: [OT] Biggest OSX BSOD of All time?

    ____/ Jerry McBride on Saturday 10 November 2007 17:18 : \____

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> ml2mst wrote:
    >>>

    >>> At one of Toronto's locations of The Bay department store, four giant
    >>> screens have suffered from the infamous Blue Screen of Death for days.
    >>> You'd think that someone would, I dunno, turn off the freakin'
    >>> screens. Or, at minimum, there's gotta be some 2.4gHz nanny cam feed
    >>> they could leech for at least a few days before anyone complained.
    >>> Because after the first 24 hours or so of BSOD, we begin to think
    >>> that they like the aesthetic.
    >>>

    >>> http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/toronto/b...ime-320824.php
    >>>
    >>> ... Think big!

    >> Fixed the thread title since it was misleading.
    >>
    >> From the comments at your link: "I know, because our company, Digital
    >> Signs, is in charge of the large panel display system for that venue. That
    >> is a OSX BSOD I'm afraid."

    > I re-read the original post, read the article it pointed to... nowhere does
    > it mention an OS of any breed... So why MUST you point out that this is an
    > OSX BSOD?? You self-conscience of something?
    >
    > It sure is strange that OSX and WINDOWS both demonstrate a similar BSOD. But
    > then again, it shouldn't be to surprising.
    >

    > "WINDOWS AND OSX, DO NOT USE IN MISSION CRITICAL SITUATIONS!"...
    >
    > You gotta' love this stuff...
    >
    > "WINDOWS AND OSX... THE STATE OF THE ART IN BLUE SCREENING..."
    >

    > "WINDOWS AND OSX AND THEIR AESTHETICLY APPEALING BLUE AFTERGLOW..."
    >
    > I didn't know OSX had a WOW factor too... and it was only showing
    > advertizing at the time...

    It's the New Big Lie(R). Macs have Blue Apples of Death. Mythical indeed.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Apprentice - fancy word for "slave"
    run-level 2 2007-10-30 19:49 last=

  9. Re: [OT] Biggest OSX BSOD of All time?

    ____/ [H]omer on Monday 12 November 2007 02:33 : \____

    http://content.answers.com/main/cont...px-CVSBSOD.jpg

    http://www.tunjiafonja.com/tunjis_we...043007_004.jpg
    > http://www.mymac.cc/wp-content/uploa...stacapable.png
    >
    > Even Pearly Gate's proposed epitaph is a BSOD:

    http://www.fedoraforum.org/gallery/f...d_original.jpg

    Blue heavens!

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Linux: does exactly what it says on the tin
    06:05:01 up 12 days, 10:16, 3 users, load average: 1.48, 2.11, 1.97

  10. Re: [OT] Biggest BSOD of All time?

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ ml2mst on Saturday 10 November 2007 19:48 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz schreef:
    >>> ____/ ml2mst on Saturday 10 November 2007 11:02 : \____

    >>> ... Think about space.

    >> Uh, pigs (Micros~1) in space?
    >>

    >>> http://www.divshare.com/download/381178-3ae (GIF animation)
    >>>

    >> Bwah ha ha ha :-)
    >>
    >> If I'm not misinformed NASA uses and even supports GNU/Linux. Thank
    >> goodness.
    >>
    >> Just imagine what could happen if one of the main computers in the space
    >> shuttle crashes into such a BSoD... The Horror!
    >>
    >> I' m wondering if the Windows fanboys ever thought about the
    >> consequences.

    > No, no... it's the hardware's fault. Mr. Data needs to get the latest GPU
    > driver (binary blob) for that touch-sensitive display.

    and then he has to re-validate...

    --
    XP, unsafe on the information highway at any speed

  11. Re: [OT] Biggest BSOD of All time?

    ____/ Paul Cooke on Monday 12 November 2007 19:52 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ ml2mst on Saturday 10 November 2007 19:48 : \____

    >>> Uh, pigs (Micros~1) in space?

    >>> Bwah ha ha ha :-)
    >>>
    >>> If I'm not misinformed NASA uses and even supports GNU/Linux. Thank
    >>> goodness.
    >>>
    >>> Just imagine what could happen if one of the main computers in the space
    >>> shuttle crashes into such a BSoD... The Horror!
    >>>
    >>> I' m wondering if the Windows fanboys ever thought about the
    >>> consequences.

    >> No, no... it's the hardware's fault. Mr. Data needs to get the latest GPU
    >> driver (binary blob) for that touch-sensitive display.
    >>

    > and then he has to re-validate...

    Maybe not. Remember that he's /inside/ the Mother Ship. It's telepathic. ;-)

    Err...

    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...ms-galore.html

    Shields up!!

    Windows Genuine Advantage's newest setting: "you might be a pirate"

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Windows Genuine Advantage is an anti-piracy tool loathed by many,
    | tolerated by some, and even appreciated by others. How you feel
    | about it may depend in part on whether or not you've been caught
    | in its snares: the "authentic software" validation tool is known
    | to have falsely identified thousands of "pirated" Vista installs.
    `----

    Another case of false positive in WGA [Picture]

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This is what happens when you spend 399$ for a full Windows Vista
    | Ultimate. I'm contacting Microsoft today.
    `----

    http://flickr.com/photos/neasteflorin/513358043/

    Windows Vista running in reduced functionality mode

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    http://content.zdnet.com/2346-12554_22-56027-1.html

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Nothing to see in this sig, please move along"
    Tasks: 133 total, 1 running, 132 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie