iPhone Launch in UK / Germany Hours Away! - Linux

This is a discussion on iPhone Launch in UK / Germany Hours Away! - Linux ; Most likely the biggest event in cell phone history is about to happen within the UK and Germany... Today! (France, you'll get your chance later in the month) So all hands on deck as the world's most advanced cell phone ...

  1. iPhone Launch in UK / Germany Hours Away!

    Most likely the biggest event in cell phone history is about to happen
    within the UK and Germany... Today!

    (France, you'll get your chance later in the month)

    So all hands on deck as the world's most advanced cell phone hits the
    shores on Friday at 6:02pm within these first 2 countries. If you aren't
    in LINE by now you'll probably will have little chance to get one that
    first day. The lines are starting now, tents are being setup, it's going
    to be a once in a lifetime event for Europe, so plan now!

    The Chinese are building them as fast as they can and Apple is
    chartering flights 100% FULL of iPhones to try and meet the demand.

    The iPhone is the future of all Cell/Smartphones so it will be good when
    you finally get to touch one. It's freakishly cool, it's kinda like a
    spaceship landed and handed over their technology from 100 years into
    the future. No other cell/smartphone company has this level of
    sophistication, except Apple, the world's leader in innovation.

    Rate plans are the same as any smartphone, unlimited data to the
    internet are included as part of the plan. Plus you have the much faster
    802.11g WiFi connection during most of your daily life, so it makes
    using 3G obsolete. AND you have the world's largest multi-touch screen
    on any smartphone that has the best battery life by far... it's a dream
    device, 10-20 years ahead of Nokia.

    Get in line here:

    The long wait is almost over!

    http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/

    http://www.apple.com/de/

    The world will massively change for EUROPE tomorrow!

    You can learn more here:

    http://www.apple.com/iphone/

    -

  2. Re: iPhone Launch in UK / Germany Hours Away!

    Well technology wise its pants a no 3g

    On 8/11/07 21:01, in article
    jasin-57411F.14013908112007@mpls-nnrp-03.inet.qwest.net, "Gene Jones"
    wrote:

    > Most likely the biggest event in cell phone history is about to happen
    > within the UK and Germany... Today!
    >
    > (France, you'll get your chance later in the month)
    >
    > So all hands on deck as the world's most advanced cell phone hits the
    > shores on Friday at 6:02pm within these first 2 countries. If you aren't
    > in LINE by now you'll probably will have little chance to get one that
    > first day. The lines are starting now, tents are being setup, it's going
    > to be a once in a lifetime event for Europe, so plan now!
    >
    > The Chinese are building them as fast as they can and Apple is
    > chartering flights 100% FULL of iPhones to try and meet the demand.
    >
    > The iPhone is the future of all Cell/Smartphones so it will be good when
    > you finally get to touch one. It's freakishly cool, it's kinda like a
    > spaceship landed and handed over their technology from 100 years into
    > the future. No other cell/smartphone company has this level of
    > sophistication, except Apple, the world's leader in innovation.
    >
    > Rate plans are the same as any smartphone, unlimited data to the
    > internet are included as part of the plan. Plus you have the much faster
    > 802.11g WiFi connection during most of your daily life, so it makes
    > using 3G obsolete. AND you have the world's largest multi-touch screen
    > on any smartphone that has the best battery life by far... it's a dream
    > device, 10-20 years ahead of Nokia.
    >
    > Get in line here:
    >
    > The long wait is almost over!
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/de/
    >
    > The world will massively change for EUROPE tomorrow!
    >
    > You can learn more here:
    >
    > http://www.apple.com/iphone/
    >
    > -

  3. Re: iPhone Launch in UK / Germany Hours Away!

    On 08/11/2007, Gene Jones wrote in message 57411F.14013908112007@mpls-nnrp-03.inet.qwest.net>:

    > Most

    Just a quick heads-up that this message was cross-posted between all the
    following groups:

    alt.cellular.verizon,
    comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    alt.cellular.attws,
    alt.cellular.nokia,
    alt.cellular.t-mobile,
    alt.cellular.sprintpcs,
    uk.comp.sys.mac

    Should you foolishly decide to post a follow-up, please make sure your
    post is on-topic for all the groups you post it to. Thanks for your help.

    Simon.
    --
    http://www.hearsay.demon.co.uk

  4. Re: iPhone Launch in UK / Germany Hours Away!

    Gene Jones wrote:

    > Most likely the biggest event in cell phone history is about to happen
    > within the UK and Germany... Today!

    Be sure to watch the Geek Test...

    --

    Immunity is better than innoculation.

    Peter

  5. Re: iPhone Launch in UK / Germany Hours Away!

    On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 14:01:39 -0700, Gene Jones wrote:

    > Most likely the biggest event in cell phone history is about to happen
    > within the UK and Germany... Today!
    >
    > (France, you'll get your chance later in the month)

    Ah yes, at £259 ($544) for the phone and a MINUMUM contract of £35
    ($73.50) a month with O2 I'm sure we're all going to rush out and join
    the huge queue of 12 people feverishly waiting for its launch outside the
    Apple store in London. I don't think!

    What a rip-off.

  6. Re: iPhone Launch in UK / Germany Hours Away!

    In article <13j8mur4hh8li3c@corp.supernews.com>
    stuff@stuff.com "SomeBloke" writes:

    > [...]

    Who are these cross-posting twats, blatering on about a product
    that'll be regarded as junk a year from now? Jeez, get a life.
    --
    Andrew Stephenson

  7. Re: iPhone Launch in UK / Germany Hours Away!

    Gene Jones wrote:
    > Most likely the biggest event in cell phone history is about to happen
    > within the UK and Germany... Today!
    >
    > (France, you'll get your chance later in the month)

    To avoid making your self look even sillier the next time you might want
    to ask yourself why you needed to cross post this to 7 totally unrelated
    groups.

  8. Re: iPhone Launch in UK / Germany Hours Away!

    On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, SomeBloke wrote:
    > Ah yes, at £259 ($544) for the phone and a MINUMUM contract of £35
    > ($73.50) a month with O2 I'm sure we're all going to rush out and join
    > the huge queue of 12 people feverishly waiting for its launch outside the
    > Apple store in London. I don't think!

    Especially since that £259 phone (about £60 more than it sells inthe USA)
    doesn't have 3G so it is S-L-O-W for data, and its GSM voice performance
    is only mediocre.

    If you want the capability of an iPhone, you can keep your existing 3G
    phone with bluetooth and buy a Nokia N800. I don't know UK prices, but in
    the USA it sells for about $230 (retail is $400 but nobody pays that). No
    need for iTunes either -- you can download directly to the N800.

    In fact, the N800 works with any Bluetooth phone on any network. Why wait
    forever for S-L-O-W legacy EDGE networks, when we can use 3G on modern
    networks! In the USA, Verizon with its EV-DO network is further along in
    3G deployment than the GSM carriers, so the fastest data speeds are
    currently with Verizon.

    There is a rumor to the effect that the real reason for all the marketing
    hype for iPhone is so that AT&T can get more EDGE revenue from the
    suckers, since otherwise they won't be able to afford to build a 3G
    network...

    > What a rip-off.

    As kids in the USA, "well, duh!" ;-)

    -- Mark --

    http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

  9. Re: iPhone Launch in UK / Germany Hours Away!

    notinuse2@btinternet.com (Peter Hayes) wrote in
    news:1i7b3w4.ay9vrvx4nhhxN%notinuse2@btinternet.co m:

    > Be sure to watch the Geek Test...

    Is it OK to play these Readvideo clips for Iphone users on your
    Nokia N800's media player so they can see them?......(c;

    Larry
    --
    Yes....as soon as you can retrieve the N800 from them drooling over
    Maemo Mapper satellite photo navigation from your BT GPS....(c;

  10. Re: iPhone Launch in UK / Germany Hours Away!

    Gene Jones wrote:
    > Most likely the biggest event in cell phone history is about to happen
    > within the UK and Germany... Today!

    Yeh, right! The iFlop is backward 2G technology. Who gives a ****
    about this CRAP? I sure as hell don't.

    NOKIA ROCKS!!!

    --
    The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may
    belong to.

    73 de Simon, VK3XEM.

  11. Re: iPhone Launch in UK / Germany Hours Away!

    In article
    ,
    Mark Crispin wrote:

    > On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, SomeBloke wrote:
    > > Ah yes, at £259 ($544) for the phone and a MINUMUM contract of £35
    > > ($73.50) a month with O2 I'm sure we're all going to rush out and join
    > > the huge queue of 12 people feverishly waiting for its launch outside the
    > > Apple store in London. I don't think!

    > Especially since that £259 phone (about £60 more than it sells in the USA)
    > doesn't have 3G so it is S-L-O-W for data, and its GSM voice performance
    > is only mediocre.
    >
    > If you want the capability of an iPhone, you can keep your existing 3G
    > phone with bluetooth and buy a Nokia N800. I don't know UK prices, but in
    > the USA it sells for about $230 (retail is $400 but nobody pays that). No
    > need for iTunes either -- you can download directly to the N800.
    >
    > In fact, the N800 works with any Bluetooth phone on any network. Why wait
    > forever for S-L-O-W legacy EDGE networks, when we can use 3G on modern
    > networks! In the USA, Verizon with its EV-DO network is further along in
    > 3G deployment than the GSM carriers, so the fastest data speeds are
    > currently with Verizon.
    >
    > There is a rumor to the effect that the real reason for all the marketing
    > hype for iPhone is so that AT&T can get more EDGE revenue from the
    > suckers, since otherwise they won't be able to afford to build a 3G
    > network...
    >
    > > What a rip-off.

    > As kids in the USA, "well, duh!" ;-)
    >
    > -- Mark --
    >
    > http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
    > Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
    > Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    You all seem to be forgetting that comparing the Pound or Euro to the
    dollar is ridiculous. The dollar is in the toilet and well down the
    sewer at this point.

    Look at the what people earn in the UK in US dollars.

  12. Re: iPhone Launch in UK / Germany Hours Away!

    "Gene Jones" skrev i meddelandet
    > Most likely the biggest event in cell phone history is about to happen
    > within the UK and Germany... Today!

    I like your sense of black humour!!!

+ Reply to Thread