COLA will disappear very soon! - Linux

This is a discussion on COLA will disappear very soon! - Linux ; StupidFilter: an open-source filter software that can detect rampant stupidity in written English! http://stupidfilter.org/main/ The linux****s get their tail bitten! LMFAO!...

  1. COLA will disappear very soon!

    StupidFilter: an open-source filter software that can detect rampant
    stupidity in written English!
    http://stupidfilter.org/main/
    The linux****s get their tail bitten!
    LMFAO!

  2. Re: COLA will disappear very soon!

    On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 19:32:25 +0100, Clogwog wrote:

    > StupidFilter: an open-source filter software that can detect rampant
    > stupidity in written English!
    > http://stupidfilter.org/main/
    > The linux****s get their tail bitten!
    > LMFAO!

    Evidently it's not working too well - your post came through intact.

  3. Re: COLA will disappear very soon!

    ray wrote:
    > Clogwog wrote:
    >
    >> StupidFilter: an open-source filter software that can detect
    >> rampant stupidity in written English!
    >> http://stupidfilter.org/main/ The linux****s get their tail
    >> bitten! LMFAO!

    > Evidently it's not working too well - your post came through
    > intact.

    There is some truth, at least with the title of this thread.
    Linux is succeeding, soon there will be no need for advocacy.

    --
    HPT

  4. Re: COLA will disappear very soon!

    ____/ High Plains Thumper on Thursday 08 November 2007 20:10 : \____

    > ray wrote:
    >> Clogwog wrote:
    >>
    >>> StupidFilter: an open-source filter software that can detect
    >>> rampant stupidity in written English!
    >>> http://stupidfilter.org/main/ The linux****s get their tail
    >>> bitten! LMFAO!

    >> Evidently it's not working too well - your post came through
    >> intact.

    Not here. Your (Ray's) message was an orphan because "Clogwog" is sent
    to /dev/null at server level.

    > There is some truth, at least with the title of this thread.
    > Linux is succeeding, soon there will be no need for advocacy.

    It is a question of momentum and with many millions of Ubuntu users running
    around and promoting GNU/Linux, advocacy is /everywhere/. Why do you think
    Dell, H-P, Lenovo and several other large OEMs were pressured to preinstall
    GNU/Linux? We owe a lot of it to enthusiastic new users who understand that a
    new PC doesn't have to be a nuisance (Vista). Advocacy loses its point when
    you go /well/ past the tipping point (which is now behind us, IMHO)

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz
    20:05:02 up 9 days, 16 min, 3 users, load average: 1.41, 1.48, 1.50

  5. Re: COLA Trolls will disappear very soon!

    ray wrote:

    >On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 19:32:25 +0100, Clogwog wrote:
    >
    >> StupidFilter: an open-source filter software that can detect rampant
    >> stupidity in written English!
    >> http://stupidfilter.org/main/
    >> The linux****s get their tail bitten!
    >> LMFAO!

    >Evidently it's not working too well - your post came through intact.

    You don't filter the twit?

  6. Re: WINDOPWS will disappear very soon!

    Asstroturfer Clogwog wrote:

    OMG! WINDOPWS will disappear very soon!
    What shall we do?!

    Install Linux of course.
    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

    There are hundreds of there and the livecds run from CD
    without having to install!!
    All free with source code to do what you want!!!

    OMG! WINDOPWS is dead!

    Lets all vote to close alt.os.windows-xp.
    Lets leave only the clogs talkin to themselves in here.

  7. Re: WINDOPWS will disappear very soon!

    7 wrote:
    > Asstroturfer Clogwog wrote:

    > OMG! WINDOPWS will disappear very soon!
    > What shall we do?!
    >
    > Install Linux of course.
    > http://www.livecdlist.com
    > http://www.distrowatch.com
    >
    > There are hundreds of there and the livecds run from CD
    > without having to install!!
    > All free with source code to do what you want!!!
    >
    > OMG! WINDOPWS is dead!
    >
    > Lets all vote to close alt.os.windows-xp.
    > Lets leave only the clogs talkin to themselves in here.

    That earned a big fat zero for originality.

    What happened, linux make you stupid? (<-- rhetorical question.)

  8. Re: COLA will disappear very soon!

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > ray wrote:
    >> Clogwog wrote:
    >>
    >>> StupidFilter: an open-source filter software that can detect
    >>> rampant stupidity in written English! http://stupidfilter.org/main/
    >>> The linux****s get their tail
    >>> bitten! LMFAO!

    >> Evidently it's not working too well - your post came through
    >> intact.

    > There is some truth, at least with the title of this thread. Linux is
    > succeeding, soon there will be no need for advocacy.

    There is a lot of need for real advocacy to offset the harm the loonies
    in here do.

    --
    Youth is when you blame all your troubles on your parents; maturity is
    when you learn that everything is the fault of the younger generation.

  9. Re: WINDOPWS will disappear very soon!

    Damian wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >> Asstroturfer Clogwog wrote:

    >> OMG! WINDOPWS will disappear very soon!
    >> What shall we do?!
    >>
    >> Install Linux of course.
    >> http://www.livecdlist.com
    >> http://www.distrowatch.com
    >>
    >> There are hundreds of there and the livecds run from CD
    >> without having to install!!
    >> All free with source code to do what you want!!!
    >>
    >> OMG! WINDOPWS is dead!
    >>
    >> Lets all vote to close alt.os.windows-xp.
    >> Lets leave only the clogs talkin to themselves in here.

    > That earned a big fat zero for originality.
    >
    > What happened, linux make you stupid? (<-- rhetorical question.)

    Poor windopws (l)user you.
    Windopws has made you pay and now you understand stupidity as well!!!
    What next I wonder? The mind boggles!!

  10. Re: COLA will disappear very soon!

    On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 18:01:31 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > High Plains Thumper writes:
    >
    >> ray wrote:

    >>> Evidently it's not working too well - your post came through
    >>> intact.

    >> There is some truth, at least with the title of this thread. Linux is
    >> succeeding, soon there will be no need for advocacy.

    > There is a lot of need for real advocacy to offset the harm the loonies
    > in here do.

    What harm? I see none. And you conveniently ignore all the Windows
    ****heads and other trash.

    --
    Kier

  11. Re: COLA will disappear very soon!

    ____/ Kier on Friday 09 November 2007 22:53 : \____

    > On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 18:01:31 +0100, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> High Plains Thumper writes:

    >>> There is some truth, at least with the title of this thread. Linux is
    >>> succeeding, soon there will be no need for advocacy.

    >> There is a lot of need for real advocacy to offset the harm the loonies
    >> in here do.

    > What harm? I see none. And you conveniently ignore all the Windows
    > ****heads and other trash.

    Kier, no cursing and bar brawl-like activity would remain here in COLA if
    trolls were simply not fed anymore.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Coffee makes mw to0 jittery
    Mem: 515500k total, 444820k used, 70680k free, 4048k buffers

  12. Re: COLA will disappear very soon!

    Hadron did eloquently scribble:
    > High Plains Thumper writes:

    >> ray wrote:

    >>> Evidently it's not working too well - your post came through
    >>> intact.

    >> There is some truth, at least with the title of this thread. Linux is
    >> succeeding, soon there will be no need for advocacy.

    > There is a lot of need for real advocacy to offset the harm the loonies
    > in here do.

    Well, stop posting then. Problem solved.

  13. Re: COLA will disappear very soon!

    On 9 Nov, 17:01, Hadron wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper writes:
    >
    > > ray wrote:

    > >> Evidently it's not working too well - your post came through
    > >> intact.

    > > There is some truth, at least with the title of this thread. Linux is
    > > succeeding, soon there will be no need for advocacy.

    > There is a lot of need for real advocacy to offset the harm the loonies
    > in here do.

    You mean the loones like you? Don't worry, no one cares too much what
    you do in here. Or anywhere else, I should imagine.

  14. Re: COLA will disappear very soon!

    ____/ spike1@freenet.co.uk on Saturday 10 November 2007 08:58 : \____

    > Hadron did eloquently scribble:
    >> High Plains Thumper writes:

    >>> There is some truth, at least with the title of this thread. Linux is
    >>> succeeding, soon there will be no need for advocacy.

    >> There is a lot of need for real advocacy to offset the harm the loonies
    >> in here do.

    > Well, stop posting then. Problem solved.

    What will the Hadron do to pay the rent then?

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    ..oʍʇ sɐ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ɹǝpuǝq 'ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop :ʎɹɟ
    ..oʍʇ ɐ ʍɐs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puɐ ...ǝɹǝɥʍʎɹǝʌǝ soɹǝz puɐ sǝuo .ɯɐǝɹp 1nɟʍɐ uɐ
    ʇɐɥʍ 'ɥɥɥɐ :ɹǝpuǝq

  15. Re: COLA will disappear very soon!

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 04:29:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Kier on Friday 09 November 2007 22:53 : \____

    >>> There is a lot of need for real advocacy to offset the harm the loonies
    >>> in here do.

    >> What harm? I see none. And you conveniently ignore all the Windows
    >> ****heads and other trash.

    > Kier, no cursing and bar brawl-like activity would remain here in COLA if
    > trolls were simply not fed anymore.

    Doubtful.

    --
    Kier

  16. Re: COLA will disappear very soon!

    ____/ Kier on Saturday 10 November 2007 12:11 : \____

    > On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 04:29:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ Kier on Friday 09 November 2007 22:53 : \____

    >>> What harm? I see none. And you conveniently ignore all the Windows
    >>> ****heads and other trash.

    >> Kier, no cursing and bar brawl-like activity would remain here in COLA if
    >> trolls were simply not fed anymore.

    > Doubtful.

    If you don't respond to them, they can only throw fists at one another
    (in-fighting). They will lose interests in trolling when encouragement is no
    longer there. By replying to them, you show that you're provoked, and that's
    just what they want.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | make install -not war
    15:05:01 up 10 days, 19:16, 3 users, load average: 0.26, 0.45, 0.54

  17. Re: COLA will disappear very soon!

    Kier wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 04:29:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> Kier, no cursing and bar brawl-like activity would remain here in
    >> COLA if trolls were simply not fed anymore.

    > Doubtful.

    If this place consisted solely of "advocates" you wacks would turn on each
    other after 5 minutes.

    What Roy [H]omer Kent wants for cola is a strict ideology of "All Hail
    Linux! MS is evil!" Look how some of the cola idiots recently tried to
    exercise mind control after you denied everyone at MS was a criminal.

  18. Re: WINDOPWS will disappear very soon!

    [snips]

    On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:23:59 +0000, 7 wrote:

    > OMG! WINDOPWS will disappear very soon!
    > What shall we do?!
    >
    > Install Linux of course.

    No thank you. Not gonna happen. I'm not spending hours installing it,
    then tuning the settings to my preferences, setting desktop themes and
    color schemes, choosing my preferred "default" applications, assigning
    startup tasks, getting all those FF add-ons set up, dicking around setting
    default mp3 rip settings, setting up which media player plays which file
    types, going through the hassles of setting up mail, news and other
    accounts, entering all my passwords into a new system, ballsing about with
    firewalls and caching proxies and restricted drivers and on and on and on,
    I am *not* going through all that just because someone says "Windows will
    disappear".

    What's the point in going through all that just to install Linux - I can
    just use my existing install, instead.

+ Reply to Thread