Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe! - Linux

This is a discussion on Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe! - Linux ; He's got a Digg comment with 8 votes up, 165 votes down, for a net of -157. Good going, Roy....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 104

  1. Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    He's got a Digg comment with 8 votes up, 165 votes down, for a net of
    -157. Good going, Roy.

  2. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    Tim Funkenbusch Quark wrote:

    > He's got a Digg comment with 8 votes up, 165 votes down, for a net of
    > -157. Good going, Roy.

    Given the hatred from you winroll scum in here, you think that's surprising?
    --
    You're not my type. For that matter, you're not even my species

  3. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    On Nov 8, 3:22 am, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    > Tim Funkenbusch Quark wrote:
    > > He's got a Digg comment with 8 votes up, 165 votes down, for a net of
    > > -157. Good going, Roy.

    > Given the hatred from you winroll scum in here, you think that's surprising?

    But you're just a bundle of sunshine aren't you?

  4. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Thursday 08 November 2007 08:22 : \____

    > Tim Funkenbusch Quark wrote:
    >
    >> He's got a Digg comment with 8 votes up, 165 votes down, for a net of
    >> -157. Good going, Roy.

    > Given the hatred from you winroll scum in here, you think that's surprising?

    'Tim Funkenbusch Quark' (user harlowmonekys in Digg... yes, he nymshifts) is on
    my blocklist. From what I was able to gather, he uses the site not to read
    news. He navigates by stalking my comment and submissions (there are APIs and
    feeds for that), then modding them many of down. He admitted doing that
    blindly and systematically. Flatfish+nyms and a couple of others recently
    joined him. The only time they would ever leave a comment is to smear, to
    spread libel, and to attack my comment and/or submissions. Flatfish already
    had at least 4 accounts terminated when I complained. He had his comments
    deleted as well, which is ultra rare.

    Tim seems to know much better what is happening in my account in Digg (the
    trolls used to post some statistics here) and I imagine that the score he
    mentions above (I don't know what the comment is) is one of those where a
    ~10-line sig is appended to protest against Digg staff for not banning the
    COLA trolls (yet), who do nothing but attack me (don't be misled. When they
    are not in COLA they do their shilling elsewhere). Anyway, not everyone is
    happy with that protest of mine -- a protest against slander and systematic
    modding down on my contributions (silencing attempts), so I'm modded down.
    They did the same thing to the profile in Google Groups.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Othello for Win32/Linux: http://othellomaster.com
    11:20:01 up 8 days, 15:31, 3 users, load average: 0.10, 0.44, 0.59

  5. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    On 2007-11-08, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > 'Tim Funkenbusch Quark' (user harlowmonekys in Digg... yes, he nymshifts) is on

    Wrong, of course. Do you actually know what nymshifting is? Evidently
    not.

    > my blocklist. From what I was able to gather, he uses the site not to read
    > news. He navigates by stalking my comment and submissions (there are APIs and
    > feeds for that), then modding them many of down. He admitted doing that
    > blindly and systematically. Flatfish+nyms and a couple of others recently

    Strike two. For one week, I tried to mod every one of your comments
    down, to check your claim that it would take hours a day to do that. I
    determined that it would take about 5 minutes a day, tops, and thus
    determined that your claims that your poor performance on Digg must be
    due to people being paid to bury were you were unsupported by the
    evidence.

    > Tim seems to know much better what is happening in my account in Digg (the

    I know how to use a web site that reports Digg stats by user. That's
    how I know that of your last 50 comments, you got an average of 2.42
    positive ratings (including the rating of 1 a comment starts with), and
    6.92 negative ratings, for a net of -4.5.

    Interestingly, everyone you claim is a troll there to stalk you has a
    net positive rating. Furthermore, you tend to do worse on stories that
    get popular, and thus have more exposure to the general Digg population.

    > trolls used to post some statistics here) and I imagine that the score he
    > mentions above (I don't know what the comment is) is one of those where a
    > ~10-line sig is appended to protest against Digg staff for not banning the
    > COLA trolls (yet), who do nothing but attack me (don't be misled. When they
    > are not in COLA they do their shilling elsewhere). Anyway, not everyone is
    > happy with that protest of mine -- a protest against slander and systematic
    > modding down on my contributions (silencing attempts), so I'm modded down.
    > They did the same thing to the profile in Google Groups.

    Roy, you get dugg down on Digg becuase, among other reasons, you post
    inaccurate information, you post off-topic information (pretty much
    everything you post in the windows section, for example), you post
    identical comments to multiple stories (it is called spam, Roy, and Digg
    users don't like spam), you post many links to your own sites (but
    criticize others who post links to their own sites), you call anyone
    who disgrees with you a shill, and you appear to use automated software
    to do some of your posting (and it is buggy software).

  6. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Peter Köhlmann belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Tim Funkenbusch Quark wrote:
    >
    >> He's got a Digg comment with 8 votes up, 165 votes down, for a net of
    >> -157. Good going, Roy.

    > Given the hatred from you winroll scum in here, you think that's surprising?

    Roy seems to attract a lot of attention. They want to drag him down.

    --
    Tux rox!

  7. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    On 2007-11-08, cc wrote:
    > On Nov 8, 3:22 am, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >> Tim Funkenbusch Quark wrote:
    >> > He's got a Digg comment with 8 votes up, 165 votes down, for a net of
    >> > -157. Good going, Roy.

    >> Given the hatred from you winroll scum in here, you think that's surprising?

    > But you're just a bundle of sunshine aren't you?

    He makes a valid point.

    --

    (o< |)
    //\ ..may the beacon /\obt.

  8. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    Linonut writes:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Peter Köhlmann belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Tim Funkenbusch Quark wrote:
    >>
    >>> He's got a Digg comment with 8 votes up, 165 votes down, for a net of
    >>> -157. Good going, Roy.

    >> Given the hatred from you winroll scum in here, you think that's surprising?

    > Roy seems to attract a lot of attention. They want to drag him down.

    because

    a) He's a spammer
    b) invariably wrong
    c) a nasty piece of work when cornered who threatens physical violence.
    d) a link plagiarist who denies the source sites from hit count by
    copying their work

    oh. and

    e) A liar who manipulates headlines to suit himself and generate as many
    links to his sites which generate revenue.

    To his credit he does "design" super search engines...

    http://www.chabotspace.org/vsc/exhib...s/robotsam.gif

    *chuckle*

    --
    Ignore previous fortune.

  9. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    On Nov 8, 8:19 am, Tim Smith wrote:
    > On 2007-11-08, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    > > 'Tim Funkenbusch Quark' (user harlowmonekys in Digg... yes, he nymshifts) is on

    > Wrong, of course. Do you actually know what nymshifting is? Evidently
    > not.

    What professional SPAMMER does know?

    > > my blocklist. From what I was able to gather, he uses the site not to read
    > > news. He navigates by stalking my comment and submissions (there are APIs and
    > > feeds for that), then modding them many of down. He admitted doing that
    > > blindly and systematically. Flatfish+nyms and a couple of others recently

    > Strike two. For one week, I tried to mod every one of your comments
    > down, to check your claim that it would take hours a day to do that. I
    > determined that it would take about 5 minutes a day, tops, and thus
    > determined that your claims that your poor performance on Digg must be
    > due to people being paid to bury were you were unsupported by the
    > evidence.

    People are on to Roy Schestowitz over on digg and Roy doesn't like it
    so he goes crying like a baby to the admins.
    Read some of the comments by people.
    How the hell can he reach -157 with just a couple of COLA trolls
    burying him?
    It's not possible.

    The real truth, and what Roy is hoping will be steam rolled, is that
    Roy is a very unlikeable person over on digg.
    People have Roy figured out and can vote with their opinion, unlike
    over in COLA where he floods the place whenever he wants and has his
    ignorant choir defend him.
    That doesn't work on digg.

    > > Tim seems to know much better what is happening in my account in Digg (the

    > I know how to use a web site that reports Digg stats by user. That's
    > how I know that of your last 50 comments, you got an average of 2.42
    > positive ratings (including the rating of 1 a comment starts with), and
    > 6.92 negative ratings, for a net of -4.5.

    Where is this website?
    It seems like an interesting place.

    > Interestingly, everyone you claim is a troll there to stalk you has a
    > net positive rating. Furthermore, you tend to do worse on stories that
    > get popular, and thus have more exposure to the general Digg population.

    Roy is like a person who comes to work with the flu.
    The more people he comes in contact with and infects with his parnoid,
    narcissistic personality, the more people dislike him.
    Digg users are a lot smarter than COLA freaks so Roy can't use his
    typical tricks to bury bad press.

    > > trolls used to post some statistics here) and I imagine that the score he
    > > mentions above (I don't know what the comment is) is one of those where a
    > > ~10-line sig is appended to protest against Digg staff for not banning the
    > > COLA trolls (yet), who do nothing but attack me (don't be misled. When they
    > > are not in COLA they do their shilling elsewhere). Anyway, not everyone is
    > > happy with that protest of mine -- a protest against slander and systematic
    > > modding down on my contributions (silencing attempts), so I'm modded down.
    > > They did the same thing to the profile in Google Groups.

    > Roy, you get dugg down on Digg becuase, among other reasons, you post
    > inaccurate information, you post off-topic information (pretty much
    > everything you post in the windows section, for example), you post
    > identical comments to multiple stories (it is called spam, Roy, and Digg
    > users don't like spam), you post many links to your own sites (but
    > criticize others who post links to their own sites), you call anyone
    > who disgrees with you a shill, and you appear to use automated software
    > to do some of your posting (and it is buggy software).

    I believe Roy *IS* using automated software and I have reported him to
    the digg administrators to have them investigate.
    I have sent, amongst other things, time stamped messages from both
    COLA, Netscape and digg and have inquired as to how Roy could possibly
    be posting all of these messages within minutes of each other to
    multiple places if he were not circumventing the system.

    This is NOT an attack on Roy Schestowitz in any shape form or fashion
    as I believe Roy is as entitled to his opinion as much as anyone else.
    Quite unlike Roy himself who believes people that disagree with him
    should be sileneced.
    Really odd considering he fancies himself an open source freedom
    fighter.
    That's known as a hypocrite BTW.

    The reason Roy's posting is being questioned is because it violates
    diggs policy on using automated devices to post and in effect skews
    the site which totally goes against what digg is all about.

    Time will be the judge as to what digg administration thinks of Roy,
    but the evidence for him using robot software to post is overwhelming.

    (posted to groups that Roy Frequently SPAMS with his nonsense)

  10. Tim Smith admits he's a TROLL ...

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > Strike two ..

    rest of BS deleted ...

  11. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > a) He's a spammer

    Here? Not in my view. It is too much material, but much of it is
    on-topic in some way.

    > b) invariably wrong

    Sometimes wrong, or hurried.

    > c) a nasty piece of work when cornered who threatens physical violence.

    You have any message-ID to prove that?

    Although he's been buckling a bit under the pressure lately, he is far
    more polite than most people engaged in the turmoil that is COLA.

    > d) a link plagiarist who denies the source sites from hit count by
    > copying their work

    What a stupid concept: make public links, then cry when people use them
    or duplicate the material.

    Part of the robustness of the internet is its redundancy.

    > oh. and
    >
    > e) A liar who manipulates headlines to suit himself and generate as many
    > links to his sites which generate revenue.

    I usually prefer to go to the other sites in his references.

    Roy's posts are, on the balance, a good thing. More selectivity and
    reduced volume would be nice.

    However, here's the kicker -- Roy is perfectly free to do what goddam
    wants to here, just like the more noxious posters such as linux-sux and
    clogwog.

    --
    It's like herding cats!

  12. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > He's got ..

    Shouldn't you be patolling slashdot ..

  13. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Robt. Miller belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > On 2007-11-08, cc wrote:
    >> On Nov 8, 3:22 am, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Given the hatred from you winroll scum in here, you think that's surprising?

    >> But you're just a bundle of sunshine aren't you?

    > He makes a valid point.

    http://www.springerlink.com/content/u46m0n1100352258/

    In England, everything that is not prohibited is permitted; in
    Germany, everything that is not permitted is prohibited; in France,
    everything that is prohibited is permitted; in the USSR everything
    that is permitted is prohibited.

    Democracy is good, but sausages are better.

    --
    Tux rox!

  14. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    Linonut wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> a) He's a spammer

    >> c) a nasty piece of work when cornered who threatens physical violence.

    > You have any message-ID to prove that?

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....&output=gplain

  15. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    wrote in message
    news:1194547359.104104.144290@z24g2000prh.googlegr oups.com...

    > This is NOT an attack on Roy Schestowitz in any shape form or fashion
    > as I believe Roy is as entitled to his opinion as much as anyone else.
    > Quite unlike Roy himself who believes people that disagree with him
    > should be sileneced.
    > Really odd considering he fancies himself an open source freedom
    > fighter.
    > That's known as a hypocrite BTW.

    Far be it from me to defend that guy, but I found a way to make him
    inoffensive and even useful here.

    Just block his posts and those from the Kent guy. Then you only see topics
    that at least one other poster has seen fit to comment upon and you can see
    what was worth commenting by opening up thread tops started by the "regular"
    poster or if there are only comments by chrisv, Kohlmann, 7, Rick, etc, you
    can safely ignore the whole thing. You never see the inflammatory headlines
    that way, so you only have to check once in a while to catch all the real
    buzz.

    For example for today, starting at 12:56AM there are only 5 new topics
    showing in my COLA tree and only one by Shestowitz. Since he puts out so
    many items, he is somewhat useful in that almost everything under the sun
    will be there for some Linux fan to add an "Amen!" to and so show that there
    is some ardor to the issue.

  16. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    "Linonut" wrote in message
    news:slrnfj6o81.l38.linonut@mlsrock.launchmodem.co m...

    > In England, everything that is not prohibited is permitted; in
    > Germany, everything that is not permitted is prohibited; in France,
    > everything that is prohibited is permitted; in the USSR everything
    > that is permitted is prohibited.

    In heaven the Germans are the engineers, the French are the cooks, the
    Italians are the lovers, the Swiss are the administrators, and the English
    are the police. In hell, The Italians are the engineers, the English are
    the cooks, the Swiss are the lovers, the French are the administrators, and
    the Germans are the police.

  17. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    On Nov 8, 2:29 pm, Sharyn Wood wrote:
    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    > > After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    > >
    > >> a) He's a spammer

    > >> c) a nasty piece of work when cornered who threatens physical violence.

    > > You have any message-ID to prove that?

    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....sg/0832be5ef21...

    He sure does seem to have an obsession with castration?

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...on&btnG=Search

    Maybe he's a eunuch?

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ch&btnG=Search

    That would explain why an apparently healthy (physically, mentally,
    well that's questionable) young adult would rather spend his time
    patrolling the depths of the Internet than socializing with
    friends.Cyber love doesn't count.

    It's a free world though. Be all that you can be.

  18. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    Comment Spammer jolt.n.pizza@gmail.com using Google-Groups and
    Proxy IP 66.110.115.230 from Angola wrote:
    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> 'Tim Funkenbusch Quark' (user harlowmonekys in Digg...
    >>> yes, he nymshifts) is on

    >> Wrong, of course. Do you actually know what nymshifting is?
    >> Evidently not.

    > What professional SPAMMER does know?
    >
    >>> my blocklist. From what I was able to gather, he uses the
    >>> site not to read news. He navigates by stalking my comment
    >>> and submissions (there are APIs and feeds for that), then
    >>> modding them many of down. He admitted doing that blindly
    >>> and systematically. Flatfish+nyms and a couple of others
    >>> recently

    >> Strike two. For one week, I tried to mod every one of your
    >> comments down, to check your claim that it would take hours
    >> a day to do that. I determined that it would take about 5
    >> minutes a day, tops, and thus determined that your claims
    >> that your poor performance on Digg must be due to people
    >> being paid to bury were you were unsupported by the
    >> evidence.

    > People are on to Roy Schestowitz over on digg and Roy doesn't
    > like it so he goes crying like a baby to the admins. Read some
    > of the comments by people. How the hell can he reach -157 with
    > just a couple of COLA trolls burying him? It's not possible.
    >
    > The real truth, and what Roy is hoping will be steam rolled,
    > is that Roy is a very unlikeable person over on digg. People
    > have Roy figured out and can vote with their opinion, unlike
    > over in COLA where he floods the place whenever he wants and
    > has his ignorant choir defend him. That doesn't work on digg.
    >>
    >>> Tim seems to know much better what is happening in my
    >>> account in Digg (the

    >> I know how to use a web site that reports Digg stats by
    >> user. That's how I know that of your last 50 comments, you
    >> got an average of 2.42 positive ratings (including the
    >> rating of 1 a comment starts with), and 6.92 negative
    >> ratings, for a net of -4.5.

    > Where is this website? It seems like an interesting place.
    >
    >> Interestingly, everyone you claim is a troll there to stalk
    >> you has a net positive rating. Furthermore, you tend to do
    >> worse on stories that get popular, and thus have more
    >> exposure to the general Digg population.

    > Roy is like a person who comes to work with the flu. The more
    > people he comes in contact with and infects with his parnoid,
    > narcissistic personality, the more people dislike him. Digg
    > users are a lot smarter than COLA freaks so Roy can't use his
    > typical tricks to bury bad press.

    Narcissist? Paranoid? Sounds like a consistent trait of the
    comment spammer that posted this ****e.

    >>> trolls used to post some statistics here) and I imagine
    >>> that the score he mentions above (I don't know what the
    >>> comment is) is one of those where a ~10-line sig is
    >>> appended to protest against Digg staff for not banning the
    >>> COLA trolls (yet), who do nothing but attack me (don't
    >>> be misled. When they are not in COLA they do their
    >>> shilling elsewhere). Anyway, not everyone is happy with
    >>> that protest of mine -- a protest against slander and
    >>> systematic modding down on my contributions (silencing
    >>> attempts), so I'm modded down. They did the same thing to
    >>> the profile in Google Groups.

    >> Roy, you get dugg down on Digg becuase, among other reasons,
    >> you post inaccurate information, you post off-topic
    >> information (pretty much everything you post in the windows
    >> section, for example), you post identical comments to
    >> multiple stories (it is called spam, Roy, and Digg users
    >> don't like spam), you post many links to your own sites (but
    >> criticize others who post links to their own sites), you
    >> call anyone who disgrees with you a shill, and you appear to
    >> use automated software to do some of your posting (and it is
    >> buggy software).

    > I believe Roy *IS* using automated software and I have
    > reported him to the digg administrators to have them
    > investigate. I have sent, amongst other things, time stamped
    > messages from both COLA, Netscape and digg and have inquired
    > as to how Roy could possibly be posting all of these messages
    > within minutes of each other to multiple places if he were not
    > circumventing the system.
    >
    > This is NOT an attack on Roy Schestowitz in any shape form or
    > fashion as I believe Roy is as entitled to his opinion as much
    > as anyone else. Quite unlike Roy himself who believes people
    > that disagree with him should be sileneced. Really odd
    > considering he fancies himself an open source freedom fighter.
    > That's known as a hypocrite BTW.
    >
    > The reason Roy's posting is being questioned is because it
    > violates diggs policy on using automated devices to post and
    > in effect skews the site which totally goes against what digg
    > is all about.
    >
    > Time will be the judge as to what digg administration thinks
    > of Roy, but the evidence for him using robot software to post
    > is overwhelming.
    >
    > (posted to groups that Roy Frequently SPAMS with his nonsense)

    Hmmm, Roy posts to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general and
    comp.sys.mac.advocacy? Perhaps in response to a cross post,
    otherwise it is an interesting lie.

    Let's looks at some information on this nymshifting comment spammer:

    http://www.projecthoneypot.org/i_1de...1c1010ab6da3e8

    IP Address Inspector
    66.110.115.230 [Spam Server]

    The Project Honey Pot system has detected behavior from the IP
    address consistent with that of a mail server and comment
    spammer. Below we've reported some other data associated with
    this IP. This interrelated data helps map spammers' networks and
    aids in law enforcement efforts. If you know something about this
    IP, please leave a comment.

    Geographic Location [Angola] Angola
    IP Characteristics Blocklisted By: SORBS, SpamCop
    Spider First Seen approximately 2 months, 1 week ago
    Spider Last Seen within 1 week
    Spider Sightings 424 visit(s)
    First Received From approximately 1 year, 2 months, 1 week ago
    Last Received From within 1 year, 2 months, 1 week
    Number Received 1 email(s) sent from this IP
    First Post On approximately 2 months, 1 week ago
    Last Post On within 1 week
    Form Posts 289 web post submission(s) sent from this IP
    http://www.xenolith0.net/online_proxies.php

    Online Proxy Viewer
    0 through 100 of 146 Online shown

    ISO2 IP:Port HTTP HTTPS Group By External IP Anonymous Added Last
    Checked

    Angola 196.202.252.244:80 1 1 66.110.115.230 0 2Sep07 3:27 hours ago
    There is one thing common with this comment spammer's and his
    buddies (and puppet socks) statements:

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

    17. Don't substantiate your claims. Refuse to present evidence
    to support your invalid claims. Repeat your invalid claims and
    have your anti-Linux propagandist comrades do the same. Do the
    same for any invalid claims that you have notice your anti-Linux
    propagandists comrades make.
    --
    HTP

  19. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 13:29:32 -0600
    Sharyn Wood wrote:

    > Linonut wrote:
    > > After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    > >
    > >> a) He's a spammer

    > >> c) a nasty piece of work when cornered who threatens physical
    > >> violence.

    > > You have any message-ID to prove that?

    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....&output=gplain

    Hum, that's over a year old... hardly material to suggest a continuing
    frame of mind.

  20. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 12:40:30 -0800
    ball.****.the.plumber@gmail.com wrote:

    > He sure does seem to have an obsession with castration?
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...on&btnG=Search

    That's not post originating from Roy though, that's stuff from others
    containing those search terms.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast