Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe! - Linux

This is a discussion on Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe! - Linux ; On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 14:25:23 -0600, jrb1164 wrote: > Are any of you LIAR IDIOTS going to use this forum the way is was > intended OR maybe WE will have to Filter out you Address. GROW UP. > ...

  1. Re: Tim Smith is a LIAR ...

    On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 14:25:23 -0600, jrb1164 wrote:

    > Are any of you LIAR IDIOTS going to use this forum the way is was
    > intended OR maybe WE will have to Filter out you Address. GROW UP.
    >
    > "Rick" wrote in message
    >> Bob Campbell wrote:

    >>> So why do you post YOUR garbage into csma?
    >>>
    >>> Bob Campbell

    >> There is a difference between posting to a group, and posting a reply
    >> to a message that has appeared in the group your are reading/posting.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Rick

    Maybe you should check some attributes... or just go filter.

    --
    Rick

  2. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 17:58:48 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > ball.****.the.plumber@gmail.com writes:
    >

    >> The long shot answer is that Roy is really a reverse troll working for
    >> Microsoft et al in order to make Linux and in particular the Linux
    >> community look bad by virtue of his '''advocacy'''.

    > That's my take. And it's so cleverly done. The introduction of High
    > Plains Thumper was a nice bit of lateral thinking. The "almost sane"
    > posters who waffle on knowing nothing about the subjects and his "me
    > too" posts constantly spamming the world and his mother with his crappy
    > FAQ. It's no wonder that Linux adoption appears to be in reverse.

    You're really cracked, aren't you? 'Reverse troll', my arse.

    --
    Kier

  3. Re: Tim Smith is a LIAR ...

    On Nov 9, 3:29 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
    > In article <1194641691.862025.217...@k79g2000hse.googlegroups. com>,
    >
    > Edwin wrote:
    > > On Nov 9, 1:28 pm, Bob Campbell wrote:

    > > > No thanks. It looks exactly the way I want it to look right now.

    > > > It has something to do with free will and free speech.

    > > You just literally told Alan Baker to go fsck himself.

    > LOL
    >
    > Since I have no problem with how he posts --

    Because he's a Mac Advocate, you have no problem even though he does
    what you criticized Wintel Advocates for doing.

    > no problem with anyone who
    > posts with just his name at the bottom of a post --

    You're lying again.

    > how do you figure
    > that?

    >From your posts.

    > I dare you to find a single instance of me objecting to someone simply
    > posting his or her name at the bottom of a post, Edwin.

    Take a flying leap, Alan. I'm not digging through years' worth of
    posts to find what you damn well know you did.

  4. Re: Tim Smith is a LIAR ...

    On Nov 9, 3:24 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
    > In article <1194641853.448598.82...@v3g2000hsg.googlegroups.co m>,
    >

    > Edwin wrote:
    > > On Nov 9, 1:19 pm, Alan Baker wrote:

    > > > That's simply untrue.

    > > You're lying again.

    > > > Such as?

    > > Such as have already been pointed out to you many times.

    > Point out such "pointing out"...

    Take a flying leap.

  5. Re: Tim Smith is a LIAR ...

    In article <1194650186.206216.158530@k79g2000hse.googlegroups. com>,
    Edwin wrote:

    > On Nov 9, 3:29 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
    > > In article <1194641691.862025.217...@k79g2000hse.googlegroups. com>,
    > >
    > > Edwin wrote:

    > > > You just literally told Alan Baker to go fsck himself.

    > > LOL
    > >
    > > Since I have no problem with how he posts --

    > Because he's a Mac Advocate, you have no problem even though he does
    > what you criticized Wintel Advocates for doing.

    I've never criticized anyone for including their name at the bottom of a
    post without a sig delimiter.

    > > no problem with anyone who
    > > posts with just his name at the bottom of a post --

    > You're lying again.

    Go ahead and prove that if you can...

    > > how do you figure
    > > that?

    > >From your posts.

    Now you can't even use ">" properly...

    > > I dare you to find a single instance of me objecting to someone simply
    > > posting his or her name at the bottom of a post, Edwin.

    > Take a flying leap, Alan. I'm not digging through years' worth of
    > posts to find what you damn well know you did.

    Here, let me help:

    <http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...=author%3Aalan
    +author%3Abaker+%22sig+delimiter%22+group%3Acomp.s ys.mac.advocacy&qt_s=Se
    arch>

    That lists all the posts I've made to CSMA that include the phrase "sig
    delimiter".
    Funny... ...the only post listed is one to a Mac Advocate...

    Here are all 154 posts that contain the term "sig":

    <http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...=author%3Aalan
    +author%3Abaker+sig+group%3Acomp.sys.mac.advocacy&qt_s=Search>

    That's only 154 posts. Go nuts...

    Ooops! Too late.

    --
    Alan Baker
    Vancouver, British Columbia

  6. Re: Tim Smith is a LIAR ...

    You mean like Dave Fritzinger?

    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp....e5e681fb66d525
    4>

    --
    Alan Baker
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

  7. Re: Tim Smith is a LIAR ...

    On Nov 9, 5:24 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
    > In article <1194650219.170259.186...@o38g2000hse.googlegroups. com>,
    >

    > Edwin wrote:
    > > On Nov 9, 3:24 pm, Alan Baker wrote:

    > > > Point out such "pointing out"...

    > > Take a flying leap.

    > You mean like Dave Fritzinger?
    >
    > <http://groups.google.com/group/comp....e5e681fb66d525
    > 4>

    You did that after I brought the issue up in this thread.

    Jeez, you're a lying sack of...

  8. Re: Tim Smith is a LIAR ...

    On Nov 9, 5:23 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
    > In article <1194650186.206216.158...@k79g2000hse.googlegroups. com>,
    >

    > Edwin wrote:
    > > On Nov 9, 3:29 pm, Alan Baker wrote:

    > > > LOL

    > > > Since I have no problem with how he posts --

    > > Because he's a Mac Advocate, you have no problem even though he does
    > > what you criticized Wintel Advocates for doing.

    > I've never criticized anyone for including their name at the bottom of a
    > post without a sig delimiter.
    >

    > > > no problem with anyone who
    > > > posts with just his name at the bottom of a post --

    > > You're lying again.

    > Go ahead and prove that if you can...
    >

    > > > how do you figure
    > > > that?

    > > >From your posts.

    > Now you can't even use ">" properly...
    >

    > > > I dare you to find a single instance of me objecting to someone simply
    > > > posting his or her name at the bottom of a post, Edwin.

    > > Take a flying leap, Alan. I'm not digging through years' worth of
    > > posts to find what you damn well know you did.

    > Here, let me help:
    >
    > <http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...=author%3Aalan
    > +author%3Abaker+%22sig+delimiter%22+group%3Acomp.s ys.mac.advocacy&qt_s=Se
    > arch>
    >
    > That lists all the posts I've made to CSMA that include the phrase "sig
    > delimiter".
    > Funny... ...the only post listed is one to a Mac Advocate...
    >
    > Here are all 154 posts that contain the term "sig":
    >
    > <http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...=author%3Aalan
    > +author%3Abaker+sig+group%3Acomp.sys.mac.advocacy&qt_s=Search>
    >
    > That's only 154 posts. Go nuts...
    >
    > Ooops! Too late.

    Take a flying leap, Alan. You're not fooling anybody with the crap
    you posted.

  9. Re: Tim Smith is a LIAR ...

    On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 15:43:10 -0800, Edwin wrote:

    > On Nov 9, 5:23 pm, Alan Baker wrote:

    >> That's only 154 posts. Go nuts...
    >>
    >> Ooops! Too late.

    > Take a flying leap, Alan. You're not fooling anybody with the crap
    > you posted.

    F'r Christ's sake, don't you people have anything better to do with your
    time?!?

    --
    Kier

  10. Re: Tim Smith is a LIAR ...

    In article <1194651709.012521.153740@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.c om>,
    Edwin wrote:

    > On Nov 9, 5:24 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
    > > In article <1194650219.170259.186...@o38g2000hse.googlegroups. com>,
    > >

    > > Edwin wrote:

    > > > Take a flying leap.

    > > You mean like Dave Fritzinger?
    > >
    > > <http://groups.google.com/group/comp....e5e681fb66d525
    > > 4>

    > You did that after I brought the issue up in this thread.
    >
    > Jeez, you're a lying sack of...

    You mean I can travel back in time Edwin?

    You brought it up today at 11:09am

    My post to Dave was on Wednesday at 5:02pm; more than a day and a half
    ago...

  11. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 13:19:50 -0000, Tim Smith wrote:

    > Roy, you get dugg down on Digg becuase, among other reasons, you post
    > inaccurate information, you post off-topic information (pretty much
    > everything you post in the windows section, for example), you post
    > identical comments to multiple stories (it is called spam, Roy, and Digg
    > users don't like spam), you post many links to your own sites (but
    > criticize others who post links to their own sites), you call anyone
    > who disgrees with you a shill, and you appear to use automated software
    > to do some of your posting (and it is buggy software).

    Roy keeps doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different
    results.

    I wonder what that could mean...

  12. Re: Tim Smith is a LIAR ...

    "Kier" wrote in message
    newsan.2007.11.10.00.08.52.229628@tiscali.co.uk...
    > On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 15:43:10 -0800, Edwin wrote:
    >
    >> On Nov 9, 5:23 pm, Alan Baker wrote:

    >>> That's only 154 posts. Go nuts...
    >>>
    >>> Ooops! Too late.

    >> Take a flying leap, Alan. You're not fooling anybody with the crap
    >> you posted.

    > F'r Christ's sake, don't you people have anything better to do with your
    > time?!?

    I seem to be keeping you occupied...

    --
    "ibm [sic] has no future outside of cash registers / inventory systems for
    walmart [sic]." -- Oxford

  13. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    ____/ Sinister Midget on Saturday 10 November 2007 06:36 : \____

    > On 2007-11-09, Roy Schestowitz claimed:
    >> ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 09 November 2007 18:19 : \____

    >>> Roy - as you're most under fire at the moment, why don't you start GPG
    >>> signing?

    >> I'll try it for a while. Hopefully this won't annoy anyone. :-S

    > Just Alan Connor. And nobody gives a **** what AC is annoyed about but
    > AC.

    I haven't seen him in a long while. Is he still in the Linux NGs at all?

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Network traffic is being polluted by SPAM. Help the Internet. Adopt *nix.

  14. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Sinister Midget on Saturday 10 November 2007 06:36 : \____
    >
    >> On 2007-11-09, Roy Schestowitz claimed:
    >>> ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 09 November 2007 18:19 : \____

    >>> I'll try it for a while. Hopefully this won't annoy anyone. :-S

    >> Just Alan Connor. And nobody gives a **** what AC is annoyed about but
    >> AC.

    > I haven't seen him in a long while. Is he still in the Linux NGs at all?

    I've no idea - he's in my kfile...

  15. Re: Tim Smith is a LIAR ...

    On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 21:17:13 -0600, Edwin wrote:

    > "Kier" wrote in message
    > newsan.2007.11.10.00.08.52.229628@tiscali.co.uk...

    >>> Take a flying leap, Alan. You're not fooling anybody with the crap
    >>> you posted.

    >> F'r Christ's sake, don't you people have anything better to do with your
    >> time?!?

    > I seem to be keeping you occupied...

    Not really. I'm just sick of long, stupid threads from CSMA. Don't you
    have something better to do?

    --
    Kier

  16. Re: Schestowitz sets new personal record, I believe!

    On 2007-11-10, Roy Schestowitz claimed:
    > ____/ Sinister Midget on Saturday 10 November 2007 06:36 : \____
    >
    >> On 2007-11-09, Roy Schestowitz claimed:
    >>> ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 09 November 2007 18:19 : \____

    >>> I'll try it for a while. Hopefully this won't annoy anyone. :-S

    >> Just Alan Connor. And nobody gives a **** what AC is annoyed about but
    >> AC.

    > I haven't seen him in a long while. Is he still in the Linux NGs at all?

    I couldn't tell you. I know I have _him_ filtered. I think I added
    sure I'd recognize any filter on responses to him anyway.

    --
    Slavery is the work ethic as enforced by democracies.

  17. Re: Tim Smith is a LIAR ...

    "Kier" wrote in message
    newsan.2007.11.10.12.08.29.409346@tiscali.co.uk...
    > On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 21:17:13 -0600, Edwin wrote:
    >

    >> "Kier" wrote in message
    >> newsan.2007.11.10.00.08.52.229628@tiscali.co.uk...

    >>> F'r Christ's sake, don't you people have anything better to do with your
    >>> time?!?

    >> I seem to be keeping you occupied...

    > Not really. I'm just sick of long, stupid threads from CSMA. Don't you
    > have something better to do?

    You're welcome.

    --
    "ibm [sic] has no future outside of cash registers / inventory systems for
    walmart [sic]." -- Oxford

  18. Who exactly is the liar? (was Re: Tim Smith is a LIAR ...

    In article
    ,
    Alan Baker wrote:

    > > > You mean like Dave Fritzinger?
    > > >
    > > > <http://groups.google.com/group/comp....e5e681fb66d525
    > > > 4>

    > > You did that after I brought the issue up in this thread.
    > >
    > > Jeez, you're a lying sack of...

    > You mean I can travel back in time Edwin?
    >
    > You brought it up today at 11:09am
    >
    > My post to Dave was on Wednesday at 5:02pm; more than a day and a half
    > ago...

    What was that, Edwin? I didn't quite catch your reply...

    --
    Alan Baker
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

  19. Re: Tim Smith is a LIAR ...

    On Nov 9, 2:38 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
    > In article <1194651709.012521.153...@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.c om>,
    >

    > Edwin wrote:
    > > On Nov 9, 5:24 pm,AlanBaker wrote:

    > > > You mean like Dave Fritzinger?

    > > > <http://groups.google.com/group/comp....e5e681fb66d525
    > > > 4>

    > > You did that after I brought the issue up in this thread.

    > > Jeez, you're a lying sack of...

    > You mean I can travel back in time Edwin?
    >
    > You brought it up today at 11:09am
    >
    > My post to Dave was on Wednesday at 5:02pm; more than a day and a half
    > ago...

    Alan, I missed your post to me. What did you say? If it was about
    signature delimiters, the reason why mine don't work is that I
    sometimes post through Google Groups, and I manually type in the sig
    line. I might have missed the space after the "--".
    --
    Dave Fritzinger
    Honolulu, HI

  20. Re: Tim Smith is a LIAR ...

    In article <1194906219.081216.292560@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.c om>,
    Dave Fritzinger wrote:

    > On Nov 9, 2:38 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
    > > In article <1194651709.012521.153...@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.c om>,
    > >

    > > Edwin wrote:

    > > > You did that after I brought the issue up in this thread.

    > > > Jeez, you're a lying sack of...

    > > You mean I can travel back in time Edwin?
    > >
    > > You brought it up today at 11:09am
    > >
    > > My post to Dave was on Wednesday at 5:02pm; more than a day and a half
    > > ago...

    > Alan, I missed your post to me. What did you say? If it was about
    > signature delimiters, the reason why mine don't work is that I
    > sometimes post through Google Groups, and I manually type in the sig
    > line. I might have missed the space after the "--".

    Ah. That would explain it.

    As for what I said:

    > > Perhaps you can explain why you diverted from the subject of this
    > > thread, which is virtualization software, to dual booting? Thanks
    > > in advance.

    > Actually, the subject of the thread was how Parallels ran with Spaces
    > in Leopard. You are the one who hijacked the thread, Edwin, not I. If
    > you don't believe me, look at Sandman's original post. YOur post then
    > changed the thread and thread title.

    Funny how Edwin never applies the same standards to his own behaviour
    that he expects of others, isn't it?
    :-)

    > --
    > Dave Fritzinger
    > Honolulu, HI

    BTW, you should fix your sig delimiter. "--" isn't enough. You need to
    put "-- " in there.

    > --
    > Dave Fritzinger
    > Honolulu, HI