Red Hat strategy spans virtualized, cloud and appliance deployments

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat Executive Vice President of Engineering Paul Cormier on Nov. 7
| predicted that Red Hat’s new Linux Automation strategy, which allows Red
| Hat-certified applications to run anywhere, at any time, will help the
| company to more than double its current server market share. In addition, he
| said, Red Hat Enterprise Linux will have “over 50 percent of server market
| share by 2015.” ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Red Hat partners with Amazon for Enterprise Linux fabric in Elastic Compute

,----[ Quote ]
| My take on these announcements is that Red Hat wants to take its Linux
| distribution clout far beyond the market for dedicated servers and blades at
| individual enterprises, and become the de facto industry standard for how
| hosting organizations, telecommunications providers, entertainment providers,
| and on-demand ISVs deploy all their applications over the next 10 years.

This isn't the first time they they outline plans to conquer and grab Windows'
lunch (not just UNIX). That's why Microsoft signed an anti-Red Hat deal with

Big chunk of new press releases...

Red Hat Announces Red Hat Enterprise Linux Available On Demand on Amazon
Elastic Compute Cloud

,----[ Quote ]
| This collaboration makes all the capabilities of Red Hat Enterprise Linux,
| including the Red Hat Network management service, world-class technical
| support and over 3,400 certified applications, available to customers on
| Amazon's proven network infrastructure and datacenters.

Red Hat Announces Appliance Platform to Improve Economics and Expand Market for
Software Vendors

,----[ Quote ]
| The Red Hat Appliance Operating System will allow applications that are
| certified on Red Hat Enterprise Linux to be deployed as software appliances
| on the broadest range of servers in the industry, including those running Red
| Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware ESX and Microsoft Windows Viridian.

Red Hat Enables Virtualization for Millions of Servers

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1 virtualization delivers considerably broader
| server support than proprietary virtualization products, and up to twice the
| performance.

Red Hat Infrastructure Strategy Spans Virtualized, Cloud and Appliance

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat's Linux Automation strategy covers all facets of the IT environment
| necessary to enable any application to be run anywhere, at any time.

Seems like some fluff... less about new products. Desktop Red Hat (RHEL) is
coming soon...

Red Hat and Sun Collaborate to Advance Open Source Java Technology

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat, the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today
| announced an agreement with Sun Microsystems to advance open source Java™
| software. Red Hat has signed Sun's broad contributor agreement that covers
| participation in all Sun-led open source projects by all Red Hat engineers. *

Red Hat small business desktops available in Australia early 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Mr Riveros, Red Hat's new Linux desktop release will be easy to
| implement by small businesses with no Linux expertise in house and will
| require less security knowledge than for Microsoft Windows.

Leading Italian Organizations Rely on Red Hat Solutions for Performance
Enhancements and Cost-Savings

,----[ Quote ]
| Similarly, Iride Energia, part of Gruppo Iride, has deployed Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux as the standard operating system in its IT infrastructure
| with each of the company's 35 enterprise servers running Red Hat Enterprise
| Linux.

Red Hat sees FY07 greater China sales up 100 pct

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat Inc., a distributor of open-source Linux software, expects its
| sales in the greater China region to double in fiscal 2007 and grow by
| 85 percent in fiscal 2008, an executive said on Tuesday. "Our plan is to
| have 100 percent growth this year, and 85 percent growth next year,"
| Michael Chen, general manager of Red Hat China, told Reuters in an
| interview.

Red Hat profit rises on 42 percent revenue hike

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat distributes open source Linux software and charges
| companies a subscription to provide updates and other technical support.

Red Hat Sees Green

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux operating system that Red Hat's business is built around is
| free to share and distribute. But while it's easy to become an
| open-source distributor, it's more difficult to become expert
| enough with the stuff to make a living supporting it. Take Red
| Hat rival Novell. The Waltham, Mass.-based software company has
| struggled since moving into the open-source software business
| and positioning itself as an alternative to Red Hat, with its
| shares falling more than 35%, to $7.18 from $11.38, over the
| past three years.

Red Hat sales rocket

,----[ Quote ]
| The growth was driven by a 90 per cent rise in sales of Enterprise Linux
| through the reseller channel and the development of an integrated Linux |