[News] The Year of Linux was Last Year, at Least for Hollywood and Many Others - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] The Year of Linux was Last Year, at Least for Hollywood and Many Others - Linux ; Just been added to YouTube: Linux in Hollywood http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=636VZ_R-NVs Also this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlcwRlB0zaU Success stories for Linux in business, Linux monopoly in Hollywood... Sheesh! The press only covers what its funding sources wish people to know. Watch these new(ly available) ...

  1. [News] The Year of Linux was Last Year, at Least for Hollywood and Many Others

    Just been added to YouTube:

    Linux in Hollywood

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=636VZ_R-NVs

    Also this one:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlcwRlB0zaU

    Success stories for Linux in business, Linux monopoly in Hollywood... Sheesh!
    The press only covers what its funding sources wish people to know.

    Watch these new(ly available) program on the Disney 'propaganda/brainwash
    machine', for example:

    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xaxzWsTw8Q
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TPd7xLkTAs
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeyGruRci20
    Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XUsuMfRvCc
    Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smfcYVHejTk

    Related:

    Studios Using Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    http://linuxmovies.org/studios.html

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "Linux is the default operating [system] on desktops and servers at major
    | animation and visual effects studios, with maybe 98 percent [or more]
    | penetration," CinePaint Project Manager Robin Rowe told LinuxInsider.
    `----

    http://www.ecommercetimes.com/rsstory/57300.html

    New Year 2007 - The year of GNU/Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | There was a time when I used to boot into Windows to carry out
    | certain tasks. But for the past many months, I have realized that
    | I am able to do all my tasks from within GNU/Linux itself and it
    | has been some time now since I have booted into Windows.
    `----

    http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2007/0...-gnulinux.html

    Linux in 2006: June is Busting Out All Over

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I apologize for sounding like a typical lame pundit, but 2006 was the Year
    | of Linux. I never said that before--I was waiting until it became true.
    `----

    http://www.enterprisenetworkingplane...le.php/3650901

    2006: What it All Means for the Penguin

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | 2006 was no exception, but there were some significant milestones
    | in acknowledging that yes, Linux and FOSS do exist, and yes, they
    | are quite suitable, and even superior, for the enterprise. Of
    | course we've known that for years, but getting the word out
    | against the tsunamis of propaganda, misinformation, and FUD
    | hasn't been easy.
    `----

    http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6345/1/

    2006: The year the FSF reached out to the community

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Looking ahead to 2007, Brown sees only more of the same activism for
    | the FSF. Both the BadVista and Defective By Design campaigns will
    | continue, and he suggests that other campaigns in the coming year
    | will probably focus on hardware drivers for GNU/Linux and software
    | patents.
    `----

    2006: The year that changed Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I've been saying for years that Linux was well along on its way from
    | being the tech fanboy operating system of choice, to becoming one of
    | big business' favorite operating systems. Well, I was right all along,
    | but in 2006, that progress smacked many Linux fans in the face.
    |
    | This is my list of the five most significant changes in Linux this
    | year. They are not changes, however, that many who have embraced
    | Linux in the past will appreciate. Like it or lump it, these are
    | the changes that I also think clearly predict Linux's future in
    | the mainstream.
    `----

  2. Re: [News] The Year of Linux was Last Year, at Least for Hollywood and Many Others

    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | "Linux is the default operating [system] on desktops and servers at major
    > | animation and visual effects studios, with maybe 98 percent [or more]
    > | penetration," CinePaint Project Manager Robin Rowe told LinuxInsider.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.ecommercetimes.com/rsstory/57300.html

    "With the big dogs, there's nobody left to convert to Linux. Every
    studio is already on board."

    Although there are some situations for which Linux is ill-equipped --
    video playback software tends to be inadequate, for example -- open
    source tools and applications are generally embraced, he noted.
    "Overall, the film industry is very happy with Linux today,
    especially compared to where it was eight years ago when they began
    adopting it as their primary OS," Rowe said.

    --
    Tux rox!

+ Reply to Thread