An interview with matthew

,----[ Quote ]
| Learning a new operating system is work. With some patience and a willingness
| to try to wrap your head around a new way of thinking, it can also be fun and
| rewarding.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2007/11...-with-matthew/

Related:

Vistification - a temporoary drive to Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Rupert's just said again what I've been hearing in various places:
| Vista's awkwardness is going to drive people to Linux.
|
| That's something I heard when Specavers moved to Linux. They'd been thinking
| about moving before, but there was always a barrier - the cost of retraining.
|
| Vista is gratuitously different from Windows XP. So different that it will
| take as much retraining (Vistification?) to get a user started on Vista, as
| it would to get them shifted to Linux. On Rupert's experience, probably more.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,...469549b,00.htm

The Importance Of Being An Idiot

,----[ Quote ]
| When I first started learning Unix/Linux at the beginning of my career, I
| felt stupid quite a bit, and was afraid to ask questions as there was a
| culture that scoffed at “stupid questions”. Why don’t you read the
| manual, “idiot”? *
`----

http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blo...ng_an_idi.html

Bold Redesign Improves Office 2007 But Learning Curve May Be Too Steep for
Some Users

,----[ Quote ]
| "it requires a steep learning curve that many people might rather avoid.
| In my own tests, I was cursing the program for weeks"

http://online.wsj.com/public/article..._20080103.html

Partners Fix Up Office 2007 and Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| On Friday, Addintools, based in Hai-nan, China released Classic Menu for
| Office 2007, after more than six months of beta testing. The user interface
| enhancement does what Office 2007 can't: Revert to the Office 2003 look and
| feel.
`----

Desktop Faceoff: Fedora vs. Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora and its default GNOME desktop may still have a few lessons to learn
| from Vista, particularly in the selection of administration tools. Yet in
| terms of almost everything that's important to users, Fedora and GNOME have
| overtaken Vista and are rapidly pulling away from it. *
|
| As the addition of the side panel shows, it is Windows that is starting to
| learn from GNU/Linux. The days when the situation was the other way around
| are over. *
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/ent...le.php/3694206

Trying Another OS? Use Your Windows Knowledge as a Fast Track to the Commands
You Need

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/try...mands_you_need