Get the facts about sagging Linux server sales - Linux

This is a discussion on Get the facts about sagging Linux server sales - Linux ; I decided to do a little research of my own. I looked at the revenue figures over the last six quarters for Red Hat, the most successful commercial Linux operation, and for Novell's revenues based on its Linux platform. Amazingly, ...

  1. Get the facts about sagging Linux server sales

    I decided to do a little research of my own. I looked at the revenue
    figures over the last six quarters for Red Hat, the most successful
    commercial Linux operation, and for Novell's revenues based on its
    Linux platform. Amazingly, those graphs show Linux server revenues
    from the top two commercial offerings of the FOSS platform have
    increased, not declined. Both are hitting record highs, quarter after
    quarter after quarter.

    http://www.linux.com/feature/120731

  2. Re: Get the facts about sagging Linux server sales

    ____/ nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu on Sunday 04 November 2007 23:14 : \____

    > I decided to do a little research of my own. I looked at the revenue
    > figures over the last six quarters for Red Hat, the most successful
    > commercial Linux operation, and for Novell's revenues based on its
    > Linux platform. Amazingly, those graphs show Linux server revenues
    > from the top two commercial offerings of the FOSS platform have
    > increased, not declined. Both are hitting record highs, quarter after
    > quarter after quarter.
    >

    > http://www.linux.com/feature/120731

    IDC was probably approached by Microsoft (this has been done for many years).
    They sat down and tried to figure out what /type/ of statistics will make it
    *look* like Windows was doing well. They also communicated with journalists to
    ensure the disinformation can be delivered at the end and seem effective. A
    nice dime would help here too (there's precedence).

    This coordinated propaganda campaign is so typical and boring that it's barely
    worth rebutting. Just watch where it comes from.

    IDC... _Al Gillen_ to make matters worse, because he's a close friend of
    Microsoft (I have evidence). The same goes for Gartenberg, who wasn't just
    close to Microsoft... he _WORKED_ for them, as a cheerleader (evangelist)...
    then he took his 'analyst' (boo hoo!! An analyst must know all the answer) to
    slam Linux. All lies. All handbook examples from Microsoft's Best of FUD and
    Greatest Moments.

    But hey... I must be imagining all of this... just some conspiracy theory,
    right? Well, until you read this leaked memo from Microsoft...

    http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowa...00/PX03096.pdf

    Bang!

    Right from the horse's month. 100+ pages of proof. Microsoft is no better than
    some of history's propaganda wizards. It will lie, deceive, and bribe. Why
    not? That's just how Microsoft does business.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: penguins are the greatest birds
    Cpu(s): 25.8%us, 4.5%sy, 1.0%ni, 64.6%id, 3.7%wa, 0.2%hi, 0.1%si, 0.0%st