Re: [News] Windows fanboi sabotages 13 year old girl's Linux PC - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Windows fanboi sabotages 13 year old girl's Linux PC - Linux ; ____/ [H]omer on Sunday 04 November 2007 01:44 : \____ > The criminal mindset extends beyond Redmond: > > .---- > | We all know that MS operates on a manipulative level on a grand > | scale, but unfortunately, ...

  1. Re: [News] Windows fanboi sabotages 13 year old girl's Linux PC

    http://blog.lobby4linux.com/index.ph...Your-Time.html

    > I've come to expect this kind of behaviour and attitude from the
    > Microsoft sect, but it still never fails to horrify me how low they will
    > stoop. It's sickening, repulsive and deeply disturbing.

    I missed your post and duped it by accident. To elaborate on your words, mind
    this recent story:

    PC World Linux laptop warranty saga gets even more bizarre

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This is not an isolated incident by any means, reports are now popping up of
    | other people turned away by PC World for hardware repairs due to a Linux
    | installation. One even reports that PC World told him that Linux was
    | 'alien software' and so the numerous dead pixels on the screen could not be
    | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    | repaired under warranty. Perhaps the Linux spaceship had landed on the
    | display causing the damage? Makes about as much sense as PC World is at the
    | moment‚Ķ ¬* ¬*
    `----

    I guess that's what people come to think when Microsoft equates it to cancer,
    to communism, and says it 'steals' their precious IP. More on this:

    PC World refuse to repair hardware fault, AGAIN because of linux! argh

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | So, after being told this rubbish I said well tell you what, I called
    | expecting Head Office and I was told I am being put through to them, clearly
    | you are not Head Office can you transfer me now please. He did't like that
    | much obviously, he agreed and then... ¬*
    |
    | Hung up on me.
    |
    | Argh, so I go back into the store as I was in the car park making the call.
    |
    | Told Mr Tank that he told me more rubbish and he said that its a call centre,
    | and he has no other contact number for them. He didn't try to call them, he
    | didnt offer me any more help. So I said I would write in as I had no other
    | choice and I left. ¬*
    `----

    http://www.dreamstate.eu/home/20070914.html

    PC World refuse to repair hardware fault, because of Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | PC World refuse to repair hardware fault, because of LinuxToday I took my
    | laptop to pc world because a crack has developed near the left hinge,
    | this develops because the joint inside is failing and spreading to the
    | casing.
    |
    | Laptop is only 4 or 5 months old and otherwise in good condition.
    |
    | It was agreed that infact there is indeed an issue with the hinge and that it
    | will spread much further untill the display can no longer stay attached to
    | the rest of the unit.
    |
    | Then I was told because I have Linux installed, I am not covered by my
    | warranty.
    `----

    http://www.dreamstate.eu/?pcworld

    The Microsoft shillcosystem must be identified, then suppressed. Only a
    narrow-minded, prejudiced, anti-choice prick would refuse to accept software
    that represents freedom. As Ken said, it's about choice, as long as you
    respect other people's choices as well.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Windows leaves me peckish
    Mem: 515500k total, 444076k used, 71424k free, 3648k buffers

  2. Re: [News] Windows fanboi sabotages 13 year old girl's Linux PC

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > http://www.dreamstate.eu/?pcworld
    >
    > The Microsoft shillcosystem must be identified, then suppressed. Only
    > a narrow-minded, prejudiced, anti-choice prick would refuse to accept
    > software that represents freedom. As Ken said, it's about choice, as
    > long as you respect other people's choices as well.

    You OSS nutjobs want to force your software on everyone at least as much as
    you think Microsoft wants to force their software on everyone.

+ Reply to Thread